PDA

View Full Version : If you could ask George Romero...

thxleo
25-May-2009, 03:09 PM
If you could ask George a question about this latest film, what would it be?

bassman
25-May-2009, 03:21 PM
I sense an interview coming on....

First I would ask him what he's going to call the damn film. Then I would ask if he could compare the overal tone of the film to one of his previous films, which would it be?

capncnut
25-May-2009, 05:02 PM
<whips out microphone> :D

1. Being the master of zombie cinema, you have covered a lot of bases in your previous movies. Do you plan on bringing something new to the table? Something that no-one has ever seen in a zombie film before?

2. How is the movie coming along? And will ...Of The Dead see a 2009 release?

3. It has been reported by various sources that Alan Van Sprang's character, 'Nicotine' Crockett, is an expansion of his previous 'Colonel' in Diary Of The Dead. If this is true, what made you decide to bring him forward as one of the main characters this time around? What can we expect from Crockett?

When I think of more, I will post.

axlish
25-May-2009, 06:19 PM
I'm curious if this is being shot in digital or on film? If it is in digital, has he adopted the new media, or does he plan to return to film one day?

Also, does he have ideas formed for a film after ...of the Dead.

darth los
26-May-2009, 04:24 PM
3. It has been reported by various sources that Alan Van Sprang's character, 'Nicotine' Crockett, is an expansion of his previous 'Colonel' in Diary Of The Dead. If this is true, what made you decide to bring him forward as one of the main characters this time around? What can we expect from Crockett?

That's an excellent question cap and one that finally covers new ground. With so many interesting characters that have appeared in the series why bring back this guy? (besides the obvious right's issues that is.) Why not Fran or Peter? What makes this guy so special as that someone else couldn't play the same sort of role?

Good Stuff. :thumbsup:

:cool:

thxleo
27-May-2009, 06:30 AM
I just got in from Toronto after spending the afternoon with George Romero. I'm going to start work on a piece(or pieces)ASAP. This was a fun interview and George went off in so many directions that I don't really know where to start. Unfortunately, some of the stuff I can't print because he doesn't want to ruin anything for fans. However, I think I have plenty enough for an interesting read.
I also was able to talk with him about everyday, normal stuff as well. What kind of things does he enjoy doing in his off time, etc... We also touched on his old Pittsburgh days and relationships with former colleagues. I'm thinking of doing that as a seperate article.
Hopefully Neil will want it for the site! :hyper:

capncnut
27-May-2009, 09:30 AM
Looking forward to it. :cool:

DjfunkmasterG
27-May-2009, 11:23 AM
Not being a dick when I ask this, because to me it is a very serious question and I still shake my head about it.

Why release such a crappy looking trailer for the newest flick? I mean it had no color correction, sound design, nothing. It was quite awful and I was surprised it was even let out.

So thats what I would ask him.

thxleo
27-May-2009, 02:31 PM
Not being a dick when I ask this, because to me it is a very serious question and I still shake my head about it.

Why release such a crappy looking trailer for the newest flick? I mean it had no color correction, sound design, nothing. It was quite awful and I was surprised it was even let out.

So thats what I would ask him.

I asked that question DJ. I don't want to start giving out his responses here on the board, so I'll wait til I finish the interview. But that was addressed during our talk.

darth los
27-May-2009, 02:42 PM
You see? Not to worry deej. He was a dick on your behalf so you didn't have to sully your rep in the zombie director's community. :D

MoonSylver
27-May-2009, 05:44 PM
I just got in from Toronto after spending the afternoon with George Romero.

http://barfblog.foodsafety.ksu.edu/gallery_Napoleon_Dynamite_1.jpg

LUCKY!!!

Mike70
28-May-2009, 01:54 AM
<whips out microphone> :D

word on the bog walls says your good at whipping things out.:p:moon:

on a serious note, i'd ask george this: if he does another zombie flick after ...of the dead, would obama's victory and the seeming shift of american political thought to left figure into it?

DjfunkmasterG
28-May-2009, 11:32 AM
I asked that question DJ. I don't want to start giving out his responses here on the board, so I'll wait til I finish the interview. But that was addressed during our talk.

Thanx Lee... I really needed to know what the deal with that was. George didn't seem like the type of filmmaker who would release something like that and it just really bugged the hell out of me.

You see? Not to worry deej. He was a dick on your behalf so you didn't have to sully your rep in the zombie director's community. :D

:lol:

sirjacktorrance
28-May-2009, 01:48 PM
i canīt wait!

i want to read the interview!!
i want to ask about therunnig tiome of the new movie.the last 2 films were sooo short for me!

Human Rain
30-May-2009, 03:37 PM
My question:

I'm interested in your use of the subtitle "The Death of Death" in both Diary of the Dead, which takes place at the beginning of the zombie war, and "Toe Tags," which presumably takes place at the end. Just a catchy phrase, or is there a thematic relationship between the two pieces?

edit - damn, I didn't get it in on time. I've been itching over this one for a while too. Ah well.

Griff
31-May-2009, 01:15 AM
Can't wait for this one, Lee. If I'd caught this topic earlier, I would have surely had some questions for you.

If you end up with an unofficial extended transcript of your interview, I'd love to read it.

sirjacktorrance
10-Jun-2009, 07:48 AM
when is this coming out? i can`t wait!!!

thxleo
10-Jun-2009, 02:09 PM
when is this coming out? i can`t wait!!!

Thanks for your interest in the interview. I've completed about 80% of it and hopefully I'll have it ready to go some time next week. Thanks again!

Griff
25-Jun-2009, 10:40 AM
Oh, Leeeeee....

darth los
25-Jun-2009, 05:08 PM
Thanks for your interest in the interview. I've completed about 80% of it and hopefully I'll have it ready to go some time next week. Thanks again!

Hmmmmm.... That was two weeks ago. Are you TRYING to kill us?

Death by anticipation....:hyper: = :dead:

thxleo
25-Jun-2009, 06:36 PM
Hmmmmm.... That was two weeks ago. Are you TRYING to kill us?

Death by anticipation....:hyper: = :dead:

I finished the interview last week, so Neil already has it. Also, lots of pics from the interview are included as well. He is swamped at the moment, but I'm sure he will get to it as soon as he can. :)

Trin
25-Jun-2009, 09:08 PM
So we go after Neil. *cracks knuckles*

*then begs*

Pleeeeeaaaaaase!!!!

clanglee
27-Jun-2009, 01:40 AM
How did I miss this thread. . . sounds awesome Lee. Can't wait to read it.

krakenslayer
27-Jun-2009, 09:08 AM
Neil, it'd take ya fiiiiive minutes... [/nagging housewife voice] :D

sirjacktorrance
29-Jun-2009, 06:29 AM
Neilll!! Please!!!
:)

Fecunditatis
02-Jul-2009, 09:15 AM
Very interesting read. Thanks a lot for sharing it!

thxleo
02-Jul-2009, 06:59 PM
In case anyone didn't know, Neil has posted the interview as of July 1st. So if you haven't checked it out yet, please do and let me know what you think!

Yojimbo
03-Jul-2009, 09:23 PM
In case anyone didn't know, Neil has posted the interview as of July 1st. So if you haven't checked it out yet, please do and let me know what you think!
I will say again here that Lee Rules.

Thanks thxleo!

DubiousComforts
04-Jul-2009, 02:03 AM
Congratulations, Lee. Nice work.

Shouldn't this be featured on the front page of HPOTD? It's big news, but no newbie is going to bother looking for it. It took me a bit of poking around to actually find the interview.