PDA

View Full Version : $70 Zombie Movie, Colin a hit at Cannes

DjfunkmasterG
26-May-2009, 04:38 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/05/21/Colin/index.html

AcesandEights
26-May-2009, 10:49 PM
Super cool story, but I wonder if MZ's ear's were burning during the interview for this article...

"Then I just woke up before everyone else -- I was probably a bit hungover -- and I wondered if a zombie movie from a zombie's perspective had been done before."

MinionZombie
27-May-2009, 10:45 AM
Super cool story, but I wonder if MZ's ear's were burning during the interview for this article...
lol - YES - they were burning.

In fact, I was a little peeved as the precise idea he seemed to be doing was like an idea I wanted to do ... kinda ... hard to explain.

Well - I was there before him, history can't be changed against my favour. :D

That said, I've not seen Colin, and don't really know anything about it, except that it's a cheap-as-chips movie made from a zombie's perspective. Good luck to him though, I know I'd be loving it if I was in his place, so he should enjoy himself and see if he can get himself launched.

Plus I took a lot less time to make my Zombie Man films, and spent pretty much sod-all money on them, and didn't have the same amount of man power as this dude (the mask was something I got years prior, and the camera and editing equipment was stuff I had for other reasons).

Mind you, I have bought a few props for the still-as-yet-unfilmed IAZM3 ... it's about finding a time when we're both available to put the time in to film it, and I'm not keen on filming in the star's current neighbourhood, which is a bit rough apparently - and with some exterior shots to get, I don't want to be touting my expensive camera gear around for a bunch of hooded, BMX-riding, wall-sitting chavs to see. :|

Mind you - I do have another idea - a BenZee spin-off short.

I might put pen to paper on that idea soon ... or fingers to keyboard anyway.

DjfunkmasterG
27-May-2009, 12:30 PM
DUDE! we want IAZM3... it has been 2 years get off your ass and get it done. The fans demand it.

MinionZombie
27-May-2009, 12:39 PM
DUDE! we want IAZM3... it has been 2 years get off your ass and get it done. The fans demand it.
:lol:

Well, you at least anyway. :)

I guess it was you who threw that brick with a note reading "WE WANT COOVAN-ADDLED ZOMBIE MAN BACK!" through my window t'other day then, huh?

Seriously though - it's still my intention to make it some day. If it comes out like in my head, then it'd be pretty good fun.

DjfunkmasterG
27-May-2009, 12:47 PM
Dude, a lot of people who own Deadlands 1 on DVD have seen IAZM 1 and I get emails asking if part 2 would be on the Deadlands 2 DVD and I said no, not this time sorry. Plus they do ask for a third.

There is a bigger fan base than you think for Zombie Man.

MinionZombie
27-May-2009, 02:37 PM
Dude, a lot of people who own Deadlands 1 on DVD have seen IAZM 1 and I get emails asking if part 2 would be on the Deadlands 2 DVD and I said no, not this time sorry. Plus they do ask for a third.

There is a bigger fan base than you think for Zombie Man.
Nice to know :) - Well, IAZM2 is on YouTube, so they can at least see it there. :)

As soon as the stars align for an IAZM3, I'll insert myself vigorously into it (:p), but you know how it is getting things lined up sometimes ... hence why I had thoughts of a 'between IAZM2 and IAZM3' BenZee spin-off short.