PDA

View Full Version : Boston PD to be Forthcoming in Event of Zombie Attacks

AcesandEights
26-May-2009, 11:33 PM
http://s2.buzzfeed.com/static/imagebuzz/terminal01/2009/5/22/12/boston-police-zombie-defense-26553-1243010545-4.jpg

I thought it was funny enough to post :shifty:

TheSeasonOfFire
03-Jun-2009, 12:25 PM
Hahah, that's a nice find!

krakenslayer
03-Jun-2009, 12:29 PM
Wait - police in Boston go around twittering on their cellphones about crimes that are taking place!? LOL

AcesandEights
03-Jun-2009, 02:14 PM
Wait - police in Boston go around twittering on their cellphones about crimes that are taking place!? LOL

That's what I thought, but someone mentioned to me that lots of organizations are using Twitter now, as it's real easy way of disseminating info in pretty close to real time. This could be as easy as having a key fields of their dispatch system downloaded, I suppose.

I know the Red Cross is supposed to be using Twitter to supplement their communications to the public in emergency situations, so it's not inconceivable that such could pop up in a contemporary zombie story.

bassman
03-Jun-2009, 03:25 PM
All this twitter business is everywhere these days. And I don't even know what it is.:o

Funny, though. My brother is a cop and he was bitten by a guy during a traffic stop. Had a huge hole torn out of his arm. He said it looked eerily similar to Savini's latex bites in Day.:eek:

AcesandEights
03-Jun-2009, 03:57 PM
All this twitter business is everywhere these days. And I don't even know what it is.:o

Well, without being pessimistic about this particular tech trend, I'll just say it is a kind of mobile/quick blogging application. I've never used it, myself.

Funny, though. My brother is a cop and he was bitten by a guy during a traffic stop. Had a huge hole torn out of his arm. He said it looked eerily similar to Savini's latex bites in Day.:eek:

That's crazy, man! I hope this wasn't recently. :shifty:

*Eyes city streets from office window, looking for any signs of an outbreak.*