PDA

View Full Version : Sony Vegas HD Exporting of SD footage

DjfunkmasterG
27-May-2009, 12:27 PM
Some may or may not know, but Sony Vegas's NLE is capable of exporting SD footage into HD, and giving it a very nice and clear picture.

When rendering out your p[roject play around with not only the MPEG2 settings, but the AVC codecs as well. I did some test footage of Deadlands 2, which is shot in SD and exported it as 1920x1080 MP4 using the AVD codec and it looks phenomenal, plus I added a double pass so it would clean up underlit footage a bit.

Truly an amazing thing to see and it looks great. Not too mention Vegas does do AC-3 sound export with either function.

Something to look into folks.

MinionZombie
27-May-2009, 12:40 PM
Some may or may not know, but Sony Vegas's NLE is capable of exporting SD footage into HD, and giving it a very nice and clear picture.

When rendering out your p[roject play around with not only the MPEG2 settings, but the AVC codecs as well. I did some test footage of Deadlands 2, which is shot in SD and exported it as 1920x1080 MP4 using the AVD codec and it looks phenomenal, plus I added a double pass so it would clean up underlit footage a bit.

Truly an amazing thing to see and it looks great. Not too mention Vegas does do AC-3 sound export with either function.

Something to look into folks.
Good to know ... but you know me, I'm Scottish and stubborn and I'm sticking with MPEG-2. :D

If it's good enough for me, it's good enough for the entire world. :elol:

DjfunkmasterG
27-May-2009, 01:05 PM
All those Helena Videos I help in making are shot SD then exported to HD.

one of the WMV codecs has HD capabilities in VEGAS. you should give it a shot.

MinionZombie
27-May-2009, 02:32 PM
All those Helena Videos I help in making are shot SD then exported to HD.

one of the WMV codecs has HD capabilities in VEGAS. you should give it a shot.
I'm not kicking & screaming yet, ergo you can't drag me towards HD at this time. :lol:

tkane18
29-May-2009, 08:10 PM
Was there a large increase in render time going from SD to HD?

DjfunkmasterG
29-May-2009, 11:00 PM
at 720p it added an hour
to 1080p it added 6 hours to the render time, but its something you just do while you sleep.

The above times were based on Deadlands 2 90 minute running time.

For the helena video which lasts 5 and a half minutes the render time increaed to about 20 minutes from a normal 10 for Standard Def at 720P
for 1080P it took 30 minutes total.

The version on You Tube is 720P