PDA

View Full Version : drag me to hell

Cody
30-May-2009, 05:54 AM
Just saw it tonight, freakin one of the best movies ive seen. Although I have to admit Raimi did put a little to much sillyness in it at times, but it was just constant scare after scare, even when you saw the scare coming on, you still shat your pants. People left this movie crying, hard core thugs left saying "ah hell naw dawg i dont need nightmares"

MoonSylver
30-May-2009, 06:02 AM
Cool. The PG-13 rating had me worried (yes I KNOW, but still...), but all the advance word I've been hearing has been positive. Everyone have all w/out exception mentioned the Rami delivered a true horror movie w/ lot's of scares, so I've felt better about it ever since.

Cody
30-May-2009, 06:39 AM
it will definately be my first blu ray purchase, yeah, thats how serious this movie is

AcesandEights
30-May-2009, 06:58 AM
I heard it was pretty funny. True or false?

Cody
30-May-2009, 07:00 AM
it has a dash of humor here and there, but it doesnt ruin the horror / scary effect

Danny
30-May-2009, 08:18 AM
I heard it was pretty funny. True or false?

total splat-stick dude, gross as hell but very very funny, its really raimi going back to his evil dead formula, and i was laughing right till the final shots where its suddenly totally serious and you kind of expect it but still your like "damn raimi, nice way of giving the crowd something a bit different"

honestly if you scare easy its scary as shit, if you dont then its funny as fook. either way i guarantee you will have a blast watching this movie.

MikePizzoff
30-May-2009, 11:14 PM
People were literally CRYING from being so frightened by a movie? I don't go to theatres more than once a year (if that), but this seems like a flick that's going to draw me out.

Purge
31-May-2009, 06:51 AM
Just got back from seeing it (a latenight showing, obviously), and I'm baffled as to how it got so much positive feedback on RT.com. It was the cinematic equivalent of that chain e-mail where you stare at a picture for a few seconds and that Linda Blair face screams at you. It takes a lot more skill to create actual tension and supense than it does to just make an audience jump with loud noises. And that cemetery scene was preposterous. We'll never be able to thank Raimi enough for the Evil Dead films, but when it comes to horror, he should probably quit while he's ahead.

Minerva_Zombi
31-May-2009, 08:19 AM
I liked it.

Danny
31-May-2009, 05:04 PM
Just got back from seeing it (a latenight showing, obviously), and I'm baffled as to how it got so much positive feedback on RT.com. It was the cinematic equivalent of that chain e-mail where you stare at a picture for a few seconds and that Linda Blair face screams at you. It takes a lot more skill to create actual tension and supense than it does to just make an audience jump with loud noises. And that cemetery scene was preposterous. We'll never be able to thank Raimi enough for the Evil Dead films, but when it comes to horror, he should probably quit while he's ahead.

pretty sure it was meant to be over the top dude, i fail to see how thats unacceptable but ash chainsawing his hand off because its possessed or a woman being raped by a tree is.

Purge
31-May-2009, 06:24 PM
pretty sure it was meant to be over the top dude, i fail to see how thats unacceptable but ash chainsawing his hand off because its possessed or a woman being raped by a tree is.

Over-the-top imagery or dialogue aren't "unacceptable" as long as they help along a movie that has a decent script or keeps me interested.

As I said, this is one of those movies that relies on sound effects to create suspense, and I was tempted to move closer to the middle of the theater to get away from the speakers in the back.

The last two films that I saw theatrically before DMTH were the Bloody Valentine and Friday remakes. It occured to me on the way home just how irritated I am at wasting my money on movies like these.

MinionZombie
31-May-2009, 09:26 PM
total splat-stick dude, gross as hell but very very funny, its really raimi going back to his evil dead formula, and i was laughing right till the final shots where its suddenly totally serious and you kind of expect it but still your like "damn raimi, nice way of giving the crowd something a bit different"

honestly if you scare easy its scary as shit, if you dont then its funny as fook. either way i guarantee you will have a blast watching this movie.
Just got back from seeing it - it both scared the shite out of me, and grossed me the fuck out.

It was like Evil Dead 2 & 3, with the production cache of three Spider-Man (i.e. Raimi is one of these most financially successful directors out there, so he has the power to command cash in this case to make a really scary, really gross movie).

A wild, rollercoaster, fairground-style horror ride alright.

Deeper thoughts to be blogged later.

Simply put - I loved it.

till the final shots where its suddenly totally serious and you kind of expect it but still your like "damn raimi, nice way of giving the crowd something a bit different"

DAMN STRAIGHT.

Cody
01-Jun-2009, 04:02 AM
this is a hit or miss movie, most ppl really like it, but some are like fook this sheeet

clanglee
20-Jun-2009, 02:58 AM
I liked it quite a bit. Made me squirm more than any other movie I've seen in recent history. But it was well predictable. That threw me off a bit. The major ending plot twist was way to easy to see comming.

Billy
23-Jun-2009, 01:02 AM
Best movie of 2009 for sure, I cant believe how long its been that I enjoyed a Sam Raimi movie like this. It was basically just a ripoff of evil dead 2 of course with a new flimsy back story but I didn't care. It was pure Raimi, doing Raimi. Absolutely 1st class. I will be buying the blu ray as soon as its available.

DjfunkmasterG
24-Jan-2010, 10:18 PM
After being constantly bombarded with requests to watch this movie I finally did and I thought it was MEH

It tried to hard to be an EVIL DEAD flick but without Bruce Campbell it doesn't work. What could have been great scary moments were instead ruined but utter silliness. However I will admit that Christopher Young's score was truly great and helped set a lot of the moods, but again were runied by over the top nonsense.

I did however LOL at the Kitty scene, and the Goat. Otherwise I will just file it under... WANNA BE EVIL DEAD 4