PDA

View Full Version : Drag Me To Hell...

Neil
01-Jun-2009, 01:55 PM
Going to see it tomorrow night... Not seen a horror film at the cinema in a looooong time!

Skippy911sc
01-Jun-2009, 02:01 PM
I will expect a review! This looks interesting, but I think Rami has been moving slowing downhill since Army of Darkness (this is for horror) and Spiderman 3 (this is for Action). I loved the original Evil Dead and the second one...and since made me a huge fan of Bruce Cambell. I like the ads for this flick and pray it is good.

MinionZombie
01-Jun-2009, 04:59 PM
I guarantee Neil will bitch like a bastard at one or two plot points ... even I did (a bit) ... but the point is, I got over those, and I thought the movie rocked - it grossed me out, and scared the crap out of me - same went for the whole audience, there was even a girl shrieking in panic down the end of our aisle - I've never experienced that before in a cinema.

The audience was reacting in passionate union too, which was great.

Neil
01-Jun-2009, 07:09 PM
I guarantee Neil will bitch like a bastard at one or two plot points ... even I did (a bit) ... but the point is, I got over those, and I thought the movie rocked - it grossed me out, and scared the crap out of me - same went for the whole audience, there was even a girl shrieking in panic down the end of our aisle - I've never experienced that before in a cinema.

The audience was reacting in passionate union too, which was great.

Dude just cos I picked holes in the Uwe Boll film you loved, doesn't mean we won't agree on some other stuff... ;)

MikePizzoff
01-Jun-2009, 09:16 PM
Rami has been moving slowing downhill since Army of Darkness (this is for horror) and Spiderman 3 (this is for Action)..

Downhill since Spiderman 3? The last movie he wrote/directed before Drag Me To Hell was Spiderman 3. I wouldn't consider things he's produced to be really his fault.

MinionZombie
02-Jun-2009, 09:35 AM
Dude just cos I picked holes in the Uwe Boll film you loved, doesn't mean we won't agree on some other stuff... ;)
:lol:

Yeah right. F*** Boll!

deadkrank
02-Jun-2009, 05:33 PM
:)I went to see this movie last night.I thought it was great.There was a lot of moments that made me jump.
I also thought it was cool that they used the old Universal logo at the start.And they even had The come visit Universal City Hollywood in at the end of the closing credits like Universal use to do a long time ago.
Yeah there was some moments in the movie that reminded me of scenes from Evil Dead. My only grip thoe it was a P3-13.Wish they could of done a R Rated movie. But still even at P3-13 they sure was some gore.
Heres hoping for an Unrated version on DVD and Blu-Ray? I know I will be picking this movie up when hits store shelfs.

Neil
03-Jun-2009, 08:13 AM
:)I went to see this movie last night.I thought it was great.There was a lot of moments that made me jump.
I also thought it was cool that they used the old Universal logo at the start.And they even had The come visit Universal City Hollywood in at the end of the closing credits like Universal use to do a long time ago.
Yeah there was some moments in the movie that reminded me of scenes from Evil Dead. My only grip thoe it was a P3-13.Wish they could of done a R Rated movie. But still even at P3-13 they sure was some gore.
Heres hoping for an Unrated version on DVD and Blu-Ray? I know I will be picking this movie up when hits store shelfs.

I really enjoyed it... First half did an excellent job at making you jump. The second half then - a little out of character - went almost Evil Dead in style.

Good fun, and very well executed!

MinionZombie
03-Jun-2009, 10:15 AM
I really enjoyed it... First half did an excellent job at making you jump. The second half then - a little out of character - went almost Evil Dead in style.

Good fun, and very well executed!
Are you gonna Neil-style moan about her not checking to see if the button was in the envelope, or did you get past that? :D

I got past it, although it would be something I'd check before I even left the car.

Cody
03-Jun-2009, 04:02 PM
^^^ I know right

Neil
03-Jun-2009, 05:41 PM
Are you gonna Neil-style moan about her not checking to see if the button was in the envelope, or did you get past that? :D

I got past it, although it would be something I'd check before I even left the car.

The papers falling into the footwell was a little ham-fisted and you knew something was going on.... But I didn't put 2 & 2 togethor and remember the coin in the envelope...

So yes, the button/coin thing was a little flawed, but I still enjoyed it :)

MinionZombie
04-Jun-2009, 09:49 AM
Good to hear, Neil. :)

PJoseph
04-Jun-2009, 04:54 PM
I thought the whole film was great. Yeah, the bit at the end dragged on TOO long because it was pretty obvious - but still, the payoff was fantastic.

And Holy Christ, I yelled out loud SEVERAL times during the film - great fun. The gag in the bedroom was freaking insane!

pJ

Neil
04-Jun-2009, 05:43 PM
I thought the whole film was great. Yeah, the bit at the end dragged on TOO long because it was pretty obvious - but still, the payoff was fantastic.

And Holy Christ, I yelled out loud SEVERAL times during the film - great fun. The gag in the bedroom was freaking insane!

pJ

Was slightly odd how it went from subtle psychological stuff to almost full on Evil Dead... But it worked :)

The old lady was just awesomely creepy!

MinionZombie
04-Jun-2009, 05:59 PM
Was slightly odd how it went from subtle psychological stuff to almost full on Evil Dead... But it worked :)

The old lady was just awesomely creepy!
It was one of the best experiences I've had at the cinema, possibly my best ever experience at the cinema - the entire audience was into it, and there were quite a lot of people there too. Everybody was wincing, laughing, going "ewwww!", shrieking, whimpering and everything in-between.

Subtle psychological then Evil Dead style? I wouldn't say so - it's pretty damn gross as soon as the old lady turns up. :D Those who've seen it know what I mean.

Also - did anyone notice the old dude in the diner was the guy that played the Osborne butler in the SM films? Also, the woman who plays the witch lady, also plays Justin Long's mother in the movie.

Plus - Raimi's "classic" Oldsmobile, looking full-on Evil Dead style creepy. :cool:

I really hope they pimp out a full-on double disc, features-heavy disc for it.

Wyldwraith
06-Jun-2009, 04:01 AM
Just saw it,
Loved everything until the already discussed "button issue". Saw that coming from five miles away, and it detracted from the scene in the graveyard for me. If my body and soul being dragged to hell was on the line you had better believe I would've checked.

I will admit that the way they delivered the punchline, and the actress's reaction to it were both excellent, as was the actual drag-down.

All in all, I give it a 6.5 out of 10. Good/worth watching, but no Evil Dead. Call it Raimi's equivalent to Land of the Dead.

**edited by MZ to conceal the spoiler for those who haven't seen the movie**