View Full Version : Modern Warfare 2 E3 gameplay footage!

MinionZombie
03-Jun-2009, 11:55 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/50040.html

Super awesome, you guys ... super awesome.

I can't wait to play this game! This level in particular looks awesome, the music has a vibe akin to The Thing soundtrack, it looks awesome, and that badass motion sensor (a la Aliens) kicks ass.

Plus, Captain MacTavish looks totally badass ... it'll be interesting to be under the command of the dude you played in COD4.

I'm so super seriously stoked for this game! :cool:

Craig
03-Jun-2009, 01:26 PM
I realised, even before watching that pretty awesome footage that me getting this game eventually was as inevitable as me eventually getting CoD4 even though it had never really struck my interest before either. Like CoD4 it reminds me of an amalgamation of various different spy movies and action films all come into one ball of over-the-top goodness that I just hate to love.

I just hope they research the locations they're using like they did in CoD4 to add that touch more authenticity... which brings me to the question of how can they top the atmosphere of the Pripyat/Chernobyl levels?

MinionZombie
03-Jun-2009, 04:30 PM
I just hope they research the locations they're using like they did in CoD4 to add that touch more authenticity... which brings me to the question of how can they top the atmosphere of the Pripyat/Chernobyl levels?

Well the footage of that snow level looks pretty good by comparison - mainly the sneaking around, in a blizzard, with a motion sensor as the soundtrack plays Thing-like music.

Plus, the whole bit with you ice-picking your way up a cliff, then falling, then getting picked up by yourself-from-COD4-who-is-now-older-and-more-senior.

The graphics look fantastic too, MacTavish's face when he pulls you up that cliff edge is just spot on.

I look forward to seeing more gameplay footage in due course, but oh man, how excited am I?

Lots - that's how much.

3pidemiC
03-Jun-2009, 05:41 PM
The "Heart Rate Monitor" =

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41qyAlmQO7L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

fuckers.

CoinReturn
03-Jun-2009, 06:53 PM
Looks insanely good. That snowmobile chase was so James Bond-ish.

ProfessorChaos
19-Jul-2009, 08:47 PM
anybody check out all the shit they're throwing in with the "prestige edition" of MW2? fucking night-vision goggles and a downloadable copy of the original call of duty game. although i normally don't buy special editions of games, it'd be cool to have a working pair of NVG's...wonder if they're actually worth a shit, though?

http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Warfare-Prestige-Xbox-360/dp/B002HEWACS/ref=pd_ts_zgc_vg_14220161_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&pf_rd_p=463948171&pf_rd_s=right-5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=507846&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0EVG7KAHXCR7NQ6CWJXW

MinionZombie
20-Jul-2009, 10:05 AM
lol, aye I saw about this online a couple of weeks ago - there's already people kicking up a fuss about gamers using the NVGs for nefarious means. :rolleyes:

It'd be a cool toy for a while, but I imagine many who buy it will just leave them collecting dust after not that long.

The mid-range one is pretty pathetic, just the normal game in a different box - lame. Not even the art book.

I got the collector's edition of COD4, which came with an art book and a DVD with a documentary about the SAS on it (but it wasn't anything special, just something from about 1991, the kind of DVD you get free in a newspaper), and that was only a fiver more than the normal price.

So I think they've dropped the ball on offering something a little bit more special than the norm for those with a little extra cash - they've just gone straight for the really expensive edition ($150?! :eek:)

Interestingly I played the original COD a few months back ... it's a good game for the time, but my god, playing it now after being spoiled by COD2 and COD4 and comparatively COD5, it's a bit of a struggle to bother finishing (especially after playing it so extensively a number of years ago when it was new).

CoinReturn
27-Jul-2009, 07:57 PM
ZBJcOy6iuUc&fmt=22

:eek:

Edit: Make sure you watch till the end :lol:

Craig
27-Jul-2009, 09:55 PM
I think the prestige edition is pretty ridiculous, not interested at all. What I really don't understand is the inexplicable price hike to £55 that Activision are rumoured to be imposing, seemingly to 'test' how far they can push UK consumers.

All that said, I'm still looking forward to it.

On a side note I've been playing through CoD4 on 360 the past few days on veteran, so far no major problems, don't know what all the fuss is :p

ProfessorChaos
27-Jul-2009, 10:45 PM
mp looks pretty much the same, but they've added some tweaks i'm really looking forward to...looks like there's gonna be lots of kill-streak unlockables, which is cool...don't know how many times i've been on a 10 or 15 kill streak and wished they'd not stopped at 7 for kill streak bonuses...

...and 50 pts per kill? they must've redone the xp system quite a bit too.

as much as i can't stand activision and their franchise-milking shamelessness, this is a deffo day-1 purchase.

MinionZombie
28-Jul-2009, 09:41 AM
I've had this pre-ordered for months, so I won't be getting price hiked. I've already seen a couple of other pre-orders go up in price a smidge too, but because I'm pre-ordered, they can't do shit to me.

I see the UK special edition is a laughable £70, and it's basically:
1) different packaging
2) art book
3) COD1

How that equals £30 is beyond me - what a complete joke - the COD4 SE had an artbook and a DVD about the SAS, and that was £45 instead of £40.

They shouldn't be so sodding greedy, it's gonna be a huge success, but milking the cash more and more isn't going to help sales, it will damage them, because people will just say "fuck you, I'll get it second hand" or "fuck you, I'll just wait till its price drops" - either way, Activision lose money, or get no money at all (with the former), so they'd be wise not to be greedy assholes.

I'm super stoked for MW2 though, that video just makes me wanna play even more - not that I play MP, but you know.

Bone Daddy
28-Jul-2009, 03:41 PM
I really enjoyed Call of Duty series. This looks to be an exceptional entry.

AcesandEights
28-Jul-2009, 04:43 PM
I really enjoyed Call of Duty series. This looks to be an exceptional entry.

I hope so! This Fall and early Winter is going to be stacked for me, game-wise!

MikePizzoff
28-Jul-2009, 05:41 PM
Sold CoD4 in order to get CoD:WaW. After about 1.5 months of WaW, I realized I made a huge mistake getting rid of CoD4. Now I am playing the waiting game for this one.

The end of the MP video is hilarious! :lol:

darth los
28-Jul-2009, 05:44 PM

It does seem that with each passing holiday season the available triple A titles are becoming more plentiful. No way I could ever play them all when they come out or even afford them all for that matter. :lol:

The downside is that midyear (summer in particular) is particularly slow and painful on the gaming front.

:cool:

MinionZombie
28-Jul-2009, 06:41 PM
Hell yeah, I've got Dead Rising 2, GTA: Episodes from Liberty City, Ghostbusters, and CODMW2 from the end of September through to the beginning of November! :eek:

Darth - damn straight, the summer is so empty for gaming pretty much - although it does provide a chance to catch up on those titles you never got around to last Autumn - for instance, I've gotten into Fallout 3 at last (rather enjoying it).

I just saw today though, annoyingly, the new kickass looking Splinter Cell game (Conviction) - which has already been delayed once or twice before, has been delayed again until the beginning of 2010. :mad: No doubt a money-making move ... that's annoying because I was gonna put that on my Xmas list ... I was-was gonna put BioShock 2 on my Xmas list, but that got delayed to early 2010 a few weeks ago.

darth los
29-Jul-2009, 08:08 PM
I apologize if this has been posted before guys. It's just something cool i thought you guys would be into while i was jerking off at my workdesk. :lol:

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/697770/First-Look-At-Modern-Warfare-2-Multiplayer-With-AC-130-Killstreak-Unlockable.html

:cool: