PDA

View Full Version : MZ's recent Bruce Campbell & Sam Raimi fest...(MNIB & DMTH)

MinionZombie
03-Jun-2009, 04:42 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed both, and would therefore recommend each of them to Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi fans. :cool:

My Name Is Bruce:
http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2009/06/my-name-is-bruce.html

Drag Me To Hell:
http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2009/06/drag-me-to-hell.html

DjfunkmasterG
04-Jun-2009, 12:37 PM
I keep hearing good things about Drag Me To Hell, but I think I am going to wait for it to hit BR or DVD before I check it out. Just doesn't scream must see for me, even though Raimi is behind the camera.

Now had it been Evil Dead 4.... My ass would have been firmly planted in a theater seat at the 12 midnight show.

bassman
04-Jun-2009, 12:55 PM
Now had it been Evil Dead 4.... My ass would have been firmly planted in a theater seat at the 12 midnight show.

Same here. But if they ever do another Evil Dead film, I hope it's like Army of Darkness and not the first two. I know i'm in the minority with this opinion, but AOD is the best of the trilogy.

We probably won't see a new installment of the Evil Dead series anytime soon, anyway. Raimi is clinging to the spiderman thing.:|

DjfunkmasterG
04-Jun-2009, 01:03 PM
Same here. But if they ever do another Evil Dead film, I hope it's like Army of Darkness and not the first two. I know i'm in the minority with this opinion, but AOD is the best of the trilogy.

We probably won't see a new installment of the Evil Dead series anytime soon, anyway. Raimi is clinging to the spiderman thing.:|

You would cling too when you get paid 20 mil to direct plus 10% of the gross.

bassman
04-Jun-2009, 01:12 PM
You would cling too when you get paid 20 mil to direct plus 10% of the gross.

True....that dollar sign has it's perks, but you would think he would walk away after he was supposedly screwed over on SM3. I remember reading an interview in which he said the producers pretty much ran over him and made him do certain things that he didn't want to do.

And being that he's already filthy rich, I thought he would walk and Sony would get another director....

DjfunkmasterG
04-Jun-2009, 01:30 PM
Hence why I heard for SM4 he has Final Cut approval.

MinionZombie
04-Jun-2009, 06:17 PM
Hence why I heard for SM4 he has Final Cut approval.
He seems to be really passionate about his job, and respectful too - so he probably wanted to see SM4 done properly, rather than get "Last Stand" treatment, if you know what I mean. :rockbrow::p

Deej - Bassman - I think it's well worth going to see DMTH in the cinema, it's such a good experience with an audience, and the surround sound audio booming away. It's probably the best cinema-going experience I've ever had (you know how you hear filmmakers talking about audiences going bonkers during a horror film - that is how it was when I saw it at my nearest multiplex - the entire audience was really into it, everybody was on edge).

Oh, and Bassman - DMTH certainly has a number of moments that feel a lot like Army of Darkness (although not Bruce Campbell getting mouth-fisted by skeletons or anything :p)

Although apparently Evil Dead 4 is in some form of development at the moment (dreaming up a story methinks - with his brother Ivan too, I think).

All we need is for BC to shed a few pounds, dye his hair a smidge (and rock that awesome grey streak from 2 and 3), get Raimi in the directing chair, and make it R-Rated. I presume they'd go with the future-set ending after he sleeps to long ... that could be cool, especially in this era of CGI being able to help really fill in those long and wide shots.

To be honest, DMTH got me really hot & bothered to see Evil Dead 4, and hopefully it'll be really successful so that ED4 becomes more 'financially viable' to the money men at an R-Rating.

Wyldwraith
06-Jun-2009, 04:07 AM
Well,
I'm not sure I share the opinion of DMTH as a must-see at the movies. I suppose if you had a particularly reactive audience it might add to the ambience some, but I don't think many people will be out much by waiting for it on DVD. Particularly since a certain sort of viewer is going to be infuriated by a certain plot device. A friend who works at my local theater got me in for free, otherwise I would've been MAD if I'd paid 20$ (counting drink and popcorn) to see DMTH.

kortick
07-Jun-2009, 06:20 AM
I think that Bruce is great in that show Burn Notice.
You may or may not like the show, I do.

But Bruce is funny in it and its cool to see him in a regular
tv show and the girl who plays Fee is hot. That dont hurt.

Anyways...any Bruce fans watch him in Burn Notice?

MinionZombie
07-Jun-2009, 10:46 AM
I almost got into Burn Notice specifically because of BC, but I had all these other shows to watch, and then I never knew when or where it was on telly, so it got beyond me.

It'd be the sort of show I'd probably get into on DVD box sets (like I've done recently with 30 Rock).

DawnGirl27
12-Jun-2009, 08:55 PM
Just saw DMTH yesterday and liked it. Could definately see Raimi's hand throughout the movie, which was great. Campy, funny, over-the-top = good stuff!