View Full Version : Aliens vs. Predator 3

3pidemiC
03-Jun-2009, 06:30 PM
Probably the game that I am most excited about right now is Aliens vs. Predator. I'm adding "3" on the end because it will be the 3rd game in the series and I seriously doubt that they are going to keep the title since it's already been used.

The first 2 games for the PC are gaming that I played the shit out of when I was younger. Thankfully, the same developement team is bringing us what could be the best AvP game yet.

Watch the teaser and some of the footage.

Those predator kills are epic!

AZfvHhd8dvY

Developer Walkthrough 1- http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-aliens-vs/50381?r=1

Developer Walkthrough 2- http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-aliens-vs/50379

Pógmothóin
03-Jun-2009, 11:07 PM
I had this game on the Atari Jaguar when I was a kid. The predator was the toughest, but the alien was the funnest.

bassman
03-Jun-2009, 11:17 PM
ooohhh yeah....

Looks fun. I guess this will probably be out before Aliens: Colonial Marines....

3pidemiC
04-Jun-2009, 01:03 AM
ooohhh yeah....

Looks fun. I guess this will probably be out before Aliens: Colonial Marines....

Unfortunately, yes. A:CM is on hiatus I think....which sucks fucking monkey ass bullshit mother fucker!

CooperWasRight
30-Jul-2009, 12:26 AM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GljJpco0VZI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GljJpco0VZI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

3pidemiC
30-Jul-2009, 03:14 AM
I just shat everywhere.

MinionZombie
30-Jul-2009, 09:10 AM
I just shat everywhere.
:lol:

It does look pretty cool ... although I've never played an AvP game ever.

I'm much more interested in that Aliens: Colonial Marines game that got pushed back to 2010 or whatever.

3pidemiC
30-Jul-2009, 01:20 PM
As am I. But, the two AvP FPS games that have been released have been amazing so I have high hopes for this one.

Craig
30-Jul-2009, 03:39 PM
Looks bloody kick arse, I too am more interested in the Colonial Marines game but in the meantime this looks awesome.

CooperWasRight
13-Aug-2009, 11:19 PM
Aliens Versus Predator Interview: http://bit.ly/YVnv9

Mr. Clean
14-Aug-2009, 01:32 AM
As long as they dont screw up the Predators weapons...

The First game on PC was ok......but the Second one had it right......

bassman
24-Dec-2009, 05:00 PM
New story trailer. Bishop, motha fuckas!

W7pBDx45hdk&hl=en_US&fs=1&

HD version at gametrailers (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/weyland-yutani-trailer-aliens-vs/60303)

Looks fan-fuckin-tastic!!!

capncnut
24-Dec-2009, 05:37 PM
The tip of my cock just got wet! :hyper:

bassman
17-Jan-2010, 12:35 AM
"Killmoves" trailer. The name will make sense. Just watch...

GYKG6dyA110&hl=en_US&fs=1&

:hyper:

3pidemiC
17-Jan-2010, 01:11 AM
I just shat everywhere.

I can't fucking wait.

bassman
17-Jan-2010, 01:22 AM
I just shat everywhere.

I just shat everywhere.
I can't fucking wait.

http://ithuglife.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/depends5.jpg

capncnut
17-Jan-2010, 01:48 AM
http://ithuglife.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/depends5.jpg
<chuckles satanically> :lol:

Tricky
17-Jan-2010, 12:48 PM
Holy fucking shit! I cant wait to get my grubby little mitts on this game!

CoinReturn
17-Jan-2010, 03:51 PM
I love how the Alien screeches, brings back memories. Can't wait for this!

krakenslayer
17-Jan-2010, 04:01 PM
New story trailer. Bishop, motha fuckas!

W7pBDx45hdk&hl=en_US&fs=1&

HD version at gametrailers (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/weyland-yutani-trailer-aliens-vs/60303)

Looks fan-fuckin-tastic!!!

So wait... I understand this (obviously) doesn't follow the AvP movies' continuity, right? Because Charles Bishop Wayland is alive a minimum of 50-100 years after he died in those movies. Yet they are using his character - a character who only appeared in the AvP movies - and have hired the same actor to play him. Confusing, amirite?

darth los
17-Jan-2010, 08:51 PM
The avp films are an unwatchable clusterfuck.

Pperhaps this will redeem the franchise.

:cool:

SymphonicX
18-Jan-2010, 07:05 AM
I played this at Eurogamer expo last October....

two words: 'kin awesome!!!!!

bassman
04-Feb-2010, 12:46 AM
The demo (http://www.gametrailers.com/news/aliens-vs-predator-demo-hitting/1801) is due tomorrow(Feb 4).

If anyone gets the demo, let us know how it goes.

EDIT: Turns out it's just a multiplayer demo. Either way...I would like to hear some thoughts from you online folk.

3pidemiC
04-Feb-2010, 11:38 AM
It was available for PC last night. Everything seems to be good with it. Still trying to figure out the controls. No dedicated servers for the PC in the demo at least and hopefully that changes for the full game. I'm pretty happy with the multiplayer, I would just like to try out some more game modes besides DM.

CoinReturn
04-Feb-2010, 04:52 PM
Link to queue the demo to you Xbox:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025345082a/?p=1&of=1&bt=0&sb=1#offers

mista_mo
04-Feb-2010, 05:36 PM
Searching for game
Searching for game
Game found!

Your connection timed out

repeat 3 times.

Yep, match making is fucking awesome. Oh well, time to see if it is as shit on the 360 as it is on the PC. Oh, and I don't have this problem with other games. At least there will be dedicated servers in the full release version.

darth los
04-Feb-2010, 05:51 PM
I played this at Eurogamer expo last October....

two words: 'kin awesome!!!!!

Any game that has aliens AND Predators should be the greatest thing ever, but developers have screwed even the most sure fire things up so i'll wait and see.

3pidemiC
04-Feb-2010, 06:07 PM
Yep, match making is fucking awesome. Oh well, time to see if it is as shit on the 360 as it is on the PC. Oh, and I don't have this problem with other games. At least there will be dedicated servers in the full release version.

I found a game right away last night without any trouble.

Any game that has aliens AND Predators should be the greatest thing ever, but developers have screwed even the most sure fire things up so i'll wait and see.

But what they did NOT screw up is the original AvP for the PC.

Tricky
05-Feb-2010, 10:17 AM
What a time for my PC to die on me! :(:dead: ah well im sure it'll look the shizzle when my new upgunned graphics card gets involved...

slickwilly13
05-Feb-2010, 11:59 PM
I tried to play the demo, but I could not find anyone on. If anyone wants to play let me know.

bassman
06-Feb-2010, 12:29 AM
I tried to play the demo, but I could not find anyone on. If anyone wants to play let me know.

Really? I'm not playing the demo myself as I'm not on Live, but visiting the AVP forums I see there are loads of people playing constantly...

slickwilly13
06-Feb-2010, 11:19 AM
Really? I'm not playing the demo myself as I'm not on Live, but visiting the AVP forums I see there are loads of people playing constantly...

Seriously. I read the forums, too. But yesterday evening, I could not find a game open. I even hosted a game in hopes of finding some players. No luck.

mista_mo
06-Feb-2010, 01:37 PM
on pc or live slick? The demo actually works on my 360, which is pretty funny. Finding games is...easy..ish.

3pidemiC
06-Feb-2010, 01:41 PM
Oh by the way, Rebellion has confirmed dedicated servers for the retail copy despite them being absent from the demo. Oh, and that's only for the PC version (insert comment why PC rules above consoles here) :)

slickwilly13
06-Feb-2010, 02:43 PM
360 version.

bassman
11-Feb-2010, 11:16 PM
UK OXM gives the game an 8/10 (http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2010/02/11/oxm-uk-reviews-avp/). Not too shabby.

4 days.:hyper:

Tricky
11-Feb-2010, 11:21 PM
Just played the demo, awesomely good looking game & seems to play well! The only problem is it kept connecting me to hosts with crap connections & the games kept either freezing every few seconds or completely shutting down when the host disconnected, very frustrating! Im looking forward to the single player game though! I got one good match out of it though although i hadnt got the controls sussed out so I was a bit crap!

capncnut
11-Feb-2010, 11:22 PM
UK OXM gives the game an 8/10 (http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2010/02/11/oxm-uk-reviews-avp/). Not too shabby.
One thing we will agree on. Oh yes, tickle my cock...

Tricky
12-Feb-2010, 10:07 PM
Ive been playing again tonight, I think im looking forward to the single player game the most. Death match is good fun but there seems to be a huge mis match between opponents, the marine is far too slow & the predator is hugely powerful which seems to make it a tad easy for them to rack up the kills! The alien is good fun as you can scamper across ceilings & leap around all over, but you have to rely on getting the drop on other players to kill them, which is quite difficult in a small arena with a fair few players running about!

bassman
16-Feb-2010, 11:46 PM
Started off as a Marine. So far it's pretty fun even though it's your basic shooter. The main thing saving it is that it feels like 'Aliens'...which is cool.

More later....

AcesandEights
17-Feb-2010, 12:04 AM
Game Informer gave it a pretty bad review. I'll wait to hear more.

bassman
17-Feb-2010, 01:09 AM
So far it's a friggin blast! Just had a run in with a certain "bitch" and it was too cool.

I could see how maybe some hardcore gamers would be underwhelmed by it, but this game seems to be right up my alley. It's kind of like Batman Arkham Asylum or Ghostbusters in the sense that the nostalgia is the greatest contribution. Hearing the sounds of the motion tracker, the pulse rifle, and screech of the aliens are enough to have any Alien fan grinning from ear to ear. And my cheeks hurt...

Gripes:

So far I haven't had a chance to play along with any other marines. It's all solo.

Graphics leave a bit to be desired.

Instructions seem to come in the heat of battle so they're often missed. Which in turn means death...

I'm not too far in(maybe an hour or two?), but so far I say that if you're a fan of the Alien series it's definitely worth a play. Haven't had any run-in's with the predator yet, but I can see that it's coming. Now back to it. Gotta squeeze some more in before bed and work. :D

slickwilly13
17-Feb-2010, 05:14 AM
Hunter's Edition comes with Facehugger.

http://forum.alienslegacy.com/download/file.php?id=2663

3pidemiC
17-Feb-2010, 12:46 PM
Gripes:

So far I haven't had a chance to play along with any other marines. It's all solo.

It'll happen. Although I must say that they are not much help. :P

Graphics leave a bit to be desired.

Really? I think the graphics look great? What are your settings on?

I'm running in DX11 mode, 1920x1080 resolution with all of the graphics are max.

I'm not too far in(maybe an hour or two?), but so far I say that if you're a fan of the Alien series it's definitely worth a play. Haven't had any run-in's with the predator yet, but I can see that it's coming. Now back to it. Gotta squeeze some more in before bed and work. :D

Oh yeah. It's been great so far. Be scared a few times running around as the marine.

bassman
17-Feb-2010, 01:00 PM
I'm running in DX11 mode, 1920x1080 resolution with all of the graphics are max.

I've got it 1080 running through an HDMI(not sure what DX11 means). The graphics aren't horrible, but there's a few that didn't look too great. The reveal of the Queen was pretty rough, I think.

mista_mo
17-Feb-2010, 01:25 PM
360 or pc bass? the pc version is stupidly sexy

darth los
17-Feb-2010, 02:11 PM
Game Informer gave it a pretty bad review. I'll wait to hear more.

It's gotten pretty bad reviews from all around for some reason. Gamespot gave it a 5.5.

I should have it by this weekend so I'll tell you what i think of it then.

bassman
17-Feb-2010, 02:13 PM
360. I'm not trying to say it's horrible. Far from it.

Just pointing out that a few areas seem to be lacking as far as graphics go. Some of the reviews tend to agree with me, so I guess i'm not the only one that noticed.

The lackluster graphics don't take away from the experience though. It's still awesome. I didn't intend to put anyone off of the game with that comment.

darth los
17-Feb-2010, 02:53 PM
It's a shame that so much emphasis is put on graphics because that alone is not what a good game makes.

bassman
17-Feb-2010, 04:55 PM
It's a shame that so much emphasis is put on graphics because that alone is not what a good game makes.

Oh good lord. It's not that big of a deal, guys. I just noticed that maybe it's not up to par with some games of the current generation. It's a great game so far regardless of the graphics. If I would've known it was going to be an issue I wouldn't have said it. I'm not trying to put anyone off of the game. It's fantastic.

Tricky
17-Feb-2010, 05:23 PM
Oh good lord. It's not that big of a deal, guys. I just noticed that maybe it's not up to par with some games of the current generation.

Ah watch how the consolers suffer as their hardware becomes outdated :p on an up to date PC with max AA & all that jazz it looks awesome!

mista_mo
17-Feb-2010, 05:25 PM
it still looks fine on a console anyways.

bassman
18-Feb-2010, 01:22 AM
Just finished the Marine storyline. Not too bad at all. The ending is....interesting. Parts of it are predictable but there's one thing at the very, very end that could be promising for a future game. I'll put it in spoilers...

The coordinates to the Alien homeworld? I'm very interested as we've never seen their homeworld, but i'm also worried for the same reason. Should they reveal where the Xenomorph comes from? The mystery of it all seems so normal at this point I'm not sure if I want to know. At least not from a gaming company. If it were Ridley Scott I would be down for it...

Btw...I'm tired of the "is it the real Bishop or android?" gimmick. It's been done over and over. Enough already.

Now to kick off the Predator storyline! :hyper:

Tricky
18-Feb-2010, 08:06 AM
So is the full game worth getting then? I had really high hopes but the negative reviews have put me off slightly, & ive only played the multiplayer demo which im not that bothered about anyway as I would buy it for the single player experience...

bassman
18-Feb-2010, 11:46 AM
There are actually more positive reviews than negative. Here (http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=5baefed545c0450e93098cb2470d32 34&topic=27037.msg575037#msg575037) is a collection of reviews and you can see that most are positive.

To answer your question.....I say it's a yes. I've enjoyed the hell out of it so far. It should be a definite purchase for anyone that is a fan of the Alien and Predator movie series'.

darth los
18-Feb-2010, 01:50 PM
To answer your question.....I say it's a yes. I've enjoyed the hell out of it so far. It should be a definite purchase for anyone that is a fan of the Alien and Predator movie series'.

And that's the key right there. So many people's enjoyment of a game depends on if they are fans of the source material.

Example: For many, the ghostbusters game was so, so...

However to long time fans it was a wet dream come true.

Testify Bassman !!

SymphonicX
19-Feb-2010, 08:19 AM
Ah watch how the consolers suffer as their hardware becomes outdated :p on an up to date PC with max AA & all that jazz it looks awesome!

so does your bank balance :p

bassman
19-Feb-2010, 12:05 PM
Testify Bassman !!

Yes and no. The Ghostbusters game was obviously great to me, but it also wasn't a bad game on it's own merits. The "weapons" and wrangling feature were a lot of fun. I think even Capn said he enjoyed it and he's not a fan. Not an amazing game, but decent on it's own terms. Definitely good if you think of it as the third film, though.

As for AVP, I think it's also a bit of both. It's nothing revolutionary but I do believe that a non-Alien or non-Predator fan could enjoy it for what it is. Being a fan of the series just gives it that little boost into awesome territory.

capncnut
19-Feb-2010, 12:12 PM
My pal picked it up today. I'll probably have a dig at it over the weekend.

darth los
19-Feb-2010, 03:46 PM
My pal picked it up today. I'll probably have a dig at it over the weekend.

My 10 year old son played it last night and he didn't like it.

I'll play it myself this weekend.

Skippy911sc
19-Feb-2010, 04:14 PM
I tried the demo on xbox and didn't care to much for it. I think the story mode for the marine looks cool, but online the action was to frenetic and I could not tell what was happening at times. I will pass on this but might rent it to try out the single player.

darth los
19-Feb-2010, 05:00 PM
I tried the demo on xbox and didn't care to much for it. I think the story mode for the marine looks cool, but online the action was to frenetic and I could not tell what was happening at times. I will pass on this but might rent it to try out the single player.

Nowdays renting something before you buy is very sound policy. Paying 60 bucks for a turd hurts man.

mista_mo
20-Feb-2010, 11:36 AM
i will say one thing- every alien player i have met online has done nothing but spam the instant kill move. it is fucking ridiculous, and incredibly frustrating to suddenly lose control of your character and see an alien tail run through his torso. fuck that noise.

Well, i shouldn't say everyone, but most of them seem too. With the speed those fuckers can move, it is hard to keep a bead on them, and it is easy as fuck to lose sight of them, and have them impale you from behind.

Other then that i found the demo enjoyable, and am definatly going to pick the game up soon.

slickwilly13
22-Feb-2010, 03:35 AM
Placed an ebay bid for the Facehugger. People are selling seperate contents for bidders who only want specific items. I want to play the game, but I do not want to purchase it. But I do want the Facehugger.

bassman
22-Feb-2010, 12:57 PM
Finished the game over this past weekend. I wasn't a big fan of the Alien's story, but the Marine and Predator missions were a blast.

As i've said before it's a decent game on it's own merits, but being a fan of the films only makes it better.

Final verdict on the single player: 7.0/10.

darth los
22-Feb-2010, 03:10 PM
i will say one thing- every alien player i have met online has done nothing but spam the instant kill move. it is fucking ridiculous, and incredibly frustrating to suddenly lose control of your character and see an alien tail run through his torso. fuck that noise.

Well, i shouldn't say everyone, but most of them seem too. With the speed those fuckers can move, it is hard to keep a bead on them, and it is easy as fuck to lose sight of them, and have them impale you from behind.

Other then that i found the demo enjoyable, and am definatly going to pick the game up soon.

Multiplayer matches have to be balanced. Otherwise it's not enjoyable and no one is going to want to play as anything but the alien.

slickwilly13
23-Feb-2010, 02:32 AM
Placed an ebay bid for the Facehugger. People are selling seperate contents for bidders who only want specific items. I want to play the game, but I do not want to purchase it. But I do want the Facehugger.

Bam!!! Got it. People are going nuts bidding online for them. I took advantage of the buy it option on a item that was just placed. Cannot wait to rent the game, too.

bassman
25-Feb-2010, 02:45 AM
Aliens Vs Pradator is currently at the #1 spot for the fastest selling game in the UK, beating out Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock 2. That's a bit surprising to me...

And as I'm sure everyone could have already guessed.....a sequel is coming (http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2010/02/23/avp-tops-uk-charts-sequel-on-the-horizon/).

MinionZombie
25-Feb-2010, 10:02 AM
Aliens Vs Pradator is currently at the #1 spot for the fastest selling game in the UK, beating out Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock 2. That's a bit surprising to me...

And as I'm sure everyone could have already guessed.....a sequel is coming (http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2010/02/23/avp-tops-uk-charts-sequel-on-the-horizon/).
It beat Modern Warfare 2? :stunned:

bassman
25-Feb-2010, 12:02 PM
Yep (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/uk-charts-avp-is-the-new-leader). MW2 is currently at number 6 for the year.

Danny
25-Feb-2010, 12:20 PM

well this is a well rooted film franchise with a massive following so it makes sense, the first mass effect was virtually ignored in england and bioshock wasnt much better.
Honestly though ive heard this was just an elaborate rock paper scissors from the broken multiplayer due to kill animations, was it actually any good or what?

bassman
25-Feb-2010, 12:23 PM
I can't tell you about the multiplayer, but the single player storylines were a blast. Loved every second of it.

As you said, this is no doubt at #1 because of the popularity of the two franchises. It's a decent enough game, but I doubt it will hold the top spot for very long.

But hey....this helps work toward a a sequel and that I will definitely pursue.

mista_mo
25-Feb-2010, 12:23 PM
unrelated but--

Vancouver 2010 is beating Mass Effect 2? what the fuck England. You hate the Olympics this year.

Danny
25-Feb-2010, 12:28 PM
unrelated but--

Vancouver 2010 is beating Mass Effect 2? what the fuck England. You hate the Olympics this year.

Wayne Gretsky and Black Coffee threatened our familys, we- we had no choice brah!

SymphonicX
25-Feb-2010, 12:32 PM
I was just trying to smash the Georgian luger into the barriers....

3pidemiC
25-Feb-2010, 06:51 PM
Come on Rebellion, give me dedicated servers goddammit!

I can't believe that playing on player-hosted servers *shudders* is the norm on consoles now. How do you do it!?

Tricky
01-Mar-2010, 10:20 PM
Well I caved in & bought this at the weekend, i've had dabbles in each of the campaigns & its pretty good!Not too keen on the "finishing moves" though, they look really good, but once the animation starts it just runs all the way through regardless of if your taking fire from elsewhere, resulting in a quick death, that could do with sorting! & even though my beefed up PC runs the game fine, every so often it annoyingly does a lag type pause for no reason at all for 5 seconds or so, but after searching around it sounds like its fairly common on the PC & is getting patched.
Anyone else find that after playing as the alien for a bit, when you come away from the screen your perspective feels all screwed up from scrambling across walls & ceilings upside down in the game? :confused: :lol:

Tricky
08-Jun-2010, 09:29 PM
I'd left this game alone for a while as the PC version had a game breaking bug that kept making the game freeze every 20 seconds or everytime I used a switch or power node, anyway its all sorted now & the graphics seem much more optimised too, loving it the second time round without the bugs! :D anyone else still playing it? I think its much better than I originally thought!

Trancelikestate
10-Jun-2010, 01:18 AM
I play it on 360. Usually dominating as predator. ;)

darth los
30-Jun-2010, 06:57 PM
Update fellas:

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/705924/New-Aliens-vs-Predator-Map-Pack-DLC-Coming-July-7.html