PDA

View Full Version : David Carradine found dead

Neil
04-Jun-2009, 02:06 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8083479.stm

Kill Bill and Kung Fu star David Carradine has been found dead in a Bangkok hotel room, BBC correspondent Jonathan Head has reported.

The 72-year-old was in Thailand filming his latest film Stretch, according to his personal manager Chuck Binder.

Mr Binder said the news was "shocking", adding: "He was full of life, always wanting to work... a great person."

Crappingbear
04-Jun-2009, 02:36 PM
Ok, if murdered then RIP but if sex game gone bad, ick. Bizarro to say the least.

bassman
04-Jun-2009, 02:38 PM
Ok, if murdered then RIP but if sex game gone bad, ick. Bizarro to say the least.

Sex games? Murder? Where is this coming from?:stunned:

Well...I guess Kane is done walking the Earth. Now he'll be walking the heavens....

Neil
04-Jun-2009, 02:43 PM
Sounds like he hanged himself?

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/06/04/headlines/headlines_30104421.php

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1190853/Kill-Bill-star-David-Carradine-dead-Bangkok-hotel-room.html

bassman
04-Jun-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm not saying it's not true, but I wouldn't believe that until we see the coroner's report.

DjfunkmasterG
04-Jun-2009, 02:54 PM
Yahoo News claimed they found he hung himself.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090604/ap_on_en_mo/as_obit_david_carradine

MoonSylver
04-Jun-2009, 02:54 PM
Very sad. Hell of a way to go & to be remembered...:(

capncnut
04-Jun-2009, 03:04 PM
Well now it's official. I just saw a report on Sky News where they just said "actor David Carradine has committed suicide in Bangkok", etc.

A preliminary police investigation found that he had hanged himself with a cord used with the room's curtains. It cited police as saying he had been dead at least 12 hours and there was no sign that he had been assaulted.

Man, why the hell did he do that? He seemed such a mentally balanced fella.

darth los
04-Jun-2009, 03:22 PM
Well now it's official. I just saw a report on Sky News where they just said "actor David Carradine has committed suicide in Bangkok", etc.

Man, why the hell did he do that? He seemed such a mentally balanced fella.

One never knows man. Perhaps he was going through a bad depression that was set off by an event in his life. Depression is almost impossible to combat by yourself. Perhaps he thought he could deal with it on his own.

Let's see what develops in the following days.

:cool:

AcesandEights
04-Jun-2009, 03:24 PM
Sex games? Murder? Where is this coming from?:stunned:

Well, Bangkok + the possibility of auto-strangulation is enough to put the idea in my head. But I don't assume it's the case...it's just one of those things that pops into your head.

It's a damn shame, though...regardless of any specifics though.

Neil
04-Jun-2009, 03:36 PM
Thai police told the BBC the 72-year-old was found by a hotel maid sitting in a wardrobe with a cord around his neck and other parts of his body.

Oh dear!

AcesandEights
04-Jun-2009, 03:39 PM
Oh dear!

:eek:

Publius
04-Jun-2009, 04:13 PM
Zooks. Sounds like CB called it. How sad!

major jay
04-Jun-2009, 04:51 PM
Bill Killed.

PJoseph
04-Jun-2009, 04:52 PM
I thought he would live forever....I can't believe it.

pJ

bassman
04-Jun-2009, 04:56 PM
Bill Killed.

I knew it wouldn't be long before something like this was posted....

krakenslayer
04-Jun-2009, 05:09 PM
sitting in a wardrobe with a cord around his neck and other parts of his body.

Ouch. Maybe the maid found him at it and he died of embarrassment. :p

That's actually really sad, partly because of the fact that this will likely become a big part of what people think of when they remember him from now on. Poor guy.

Yojimbo
06-Jun-2009, 02:16 AM
Though autoerotic asphixiation is certainly an embarrassing way to go, and provides folks with something to snicker at, I think it is a shame that Carridine passed away - whatever way it may have happened for whatever reason. I liked him in Kung Fu, Long Riders (bitchen movie BTW- one of my favorite westerns) and even in Deathrace.

David Carridine RIP!

capncnut
06-Jun-2009, 04:35 AM
If he went that way, so be it. John Entwhistle from The Who died aged 57 hopped up on coke with a whore striding on his bell-end. Good luck to him. :)

krakenslayer
06-Jun-2009, 10:49 AM
If he went that way, so be it. John Entwhistle from The Who died aged 57 hopped up on coke with a whore striding on his bell-end. Good luck to him. :)

I know but there's something more dignified about going out in a blaze of red-blooded, rock n' roll glory like Entwhistle did than dying alone in a Bangcock hotel room with your knob in your hand and a rope around your neck. I'm not saying that it does, in any way, affect my respect for him either as a person or his acting career - I just think it's sad that he went out in a way that people will be telling jokes about in years to come. I actually, genuinely,feel sad about it.

Tricky
06-Jun-2009, 12:34 PM
you'd have thought after the whole michael hutchence thing years ago it would have put people off lynching themselves while stroking one out,obviously not...:confused:

kortick
06-Jun-2009, 05:06 PM
Lets just hope he went out with a bang.

Danny
06-Jun-2009, 08:59 PM
Lets just hope he went out with a bang.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/high-five-0808-lg-76258126.jpg

capncnut
06-Jun-2009, 10:18 PM
To quote Max from Hart To Hart, "it was MOYDUR!"

Click (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1190853/David-Carradine-murdered-claims-agent-Kill-Bill-stars-family-ask-FBI-probe-death.html) for article.

MoonSylver
07-Jun-2009, 01:29 AM

Hurm. There are some incongruous details there (if they pan out)

However, some of the details provided by a couple of ex's would lend credence to him being a right-out perv-o (if they were being truthful)

Quite a checkered history there including drug addiction & suicidal tendencies, so at this point anything is possible I guess.

I just hope there is a definitive conclusion reached, that it doesn't turn into one of those nagging mysteries that is never 100% solved, although at this point I can already see it going that way...:(

strayrider
07-Jun-2009, 03:14 AM
Thank God it wasn't Chuck Norris.

:D

-stray-

Tricky
07-Jun-2009, 12:25 PM
RIP david carradine.

Started out Kwai Chang Cain.

Ended up Die Wan King.

david carradine has been made a minister, Gordon Brown said he was pleased to have someone who would never walk out of the cabinet.

doesnt take long does it....

kortick
07-Jun-2009, 01:36 PM
On a side note, what do people think about
the pictures of David Carradine dead body
that were leaked by someone in Thailand?

I saw the pic, but i wont post a link to it.

Is this something people are entitled to see
cuz of him being a public figure or a real invasion
of privacy?

Oh and my e-mail box has been jammed with sick
jokes about him. Thats expected.

But photos of his corpse? Is that too much?

AcesandEights
07-Jun-2009, 02:41 PM

Woah! A Hart To Hart Reference?! You just took me way back, Capn.

http://questiezil.tripod.com/harts/family1.jpg

slickwilly13
07-Jun-2009, 04:15 PM
The blade-handed villian from Enter the Dragon died this week, too. I think he was 96.

capncnut
07-Jun-2009, 05:34 PM
On a side note, what do people think about
the pictures of David Carradine dead body
that were leaked by someone in Thailand?
The photo wasn't particularly offensive to me. Although if I was a member of his family, opening a newspaper only to find a pic of him, hanging up in a closet, black skin discolouration and covered in marks, I wouldn't be too happy about it.

krakenslayer
07-Jun-2009, 06:13 PM
The photo wasn't particularly offensive to me. Although if I was a member of his family, opening a newspaper only to find a pic of him, hanging up in a closet, black skin discolouration and covered in marks, I wouldn't be too happy about it.

Question before I'm tempted to take a peek - said pic doesn't include Carradine's turgid, strangulated, blackened member, does it? Don't think I'd ever be able to get that stain out of my mind, if it did.

capncnut
07-Jun-2009, 07:12 PM
Question before I'm tempted to take a peek - said pic doesn't include Carradine's turgid, strangulated, blackened member, does it? Don't think I'd ever be able to get that stain out of my mind, if it did.
No. :D

zombob
07-Jun-2009, 11:12 PM

Click (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1190853/David-Carradine-murdered-claims-agent-Kill-Bill-stars-family-ask-FBI-probe-death.html) for article.

Damn!

Now I have the Hart to Hart theme stuck in my head!!

Danny
07-Jun-2009, 11:50 PM

i think the only person who wouldnt be scarred is jhonny knoxville after he did something worse to his own a few years back.... :hurl:

Mike70
08-Jun-2009, 02:30 AM
i guess his kung fun was weak.

"grasshopper need not tie knots so tightly."

MoonSylver
08-Jun-2009, 03:11 AM
i guess his kung fun was weak.

"grasshopper need not tie knots so tightly."

Someone should snatched the penis from his hand...:lol:

major jay
08-Jun-2009, 01:36 PM
The conspiracy theories have begun.

http://gawker.com/5282753/was-david-carradine-murdered-by-ninjas

bassman
08-Jun-2009, 02:05 PM
well....at least he went out while having a bit of fun. That's better than depression followed by suicide...