PDA

View Full Version : reign of the dead.

zombiekiller
07-Jun-2009, 10:37 AM
has the third book come out yet. just finished reading part one and started reading 2 and need to get part 3. if you haven't read it yet, i would recomend getting it.

DjfunkmasterG
07-Jun-2009, 01:37 PM
I have the first two, don't know what happened to the third. RotD is kind of like DAY of the DEAD meets The Stand

bd2999
08-Jun-2009, 10:46 PM
Sort of, but I think The Rising and City of the Dead are more similar to the stand. You have the zombies really being undead shells for demons and the zombies pretty much do whatever normal people do much of the time if the body can still work okay. That has big faith moments and dream sequences with elderly folks giving advice and such. Good books too.

DjfunkmasterG
09-Jun-2009, 01:14 PM
Been a while since I read either book, but ROTD reminded me more of The Stand.

However, between the two series I like The Rising and City of the Dead better, but my favorite character from ROTD is Jim Workman, and that scene of him driving his truck into the zombie infested town after he comes out of his camping wilderness was just awesome, and if there was ever a novel I could adopt into a movie, I would love love for ROTD to be that novel/book, just because of that scene alone.

In terms of scale, The Rising and City of the Dead are a lot of fun, but Reign had a lot going for it with the character of Jim Workman.

Brian Keene's books are creepy and the lead zombie/demon, OB is fantastic. Brian's books are definitely summer popcorn flick material. Event type films, while Len's Reign is more closer to Romero's world. If I ever was offered the directors chair, that would be the only time I would use shambling zombies.