PDA

View Full Version : 'Spider-Man 4' Update: A Villain Narrowed Down?

darth los
09-Jun-2009, 03:41 PM
http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/696335/Spider-Man-4-Update-A-Villain-Narrowed-Down.html

:cool:

EvilNed
09-Jun-2009, 08:54 PM
I liked all of the Spider-Man films. I'll be looking forward to this one.

Danny
09-Jun-2009, 11:11 PM
bruce campbell as mysterio.

/everything.

DjfunkmasterG
10-Jun-2009, 12:08 PM
Spider-Man 3 sucked, and I honestly would not want to waste my money on seeing a fourth.

bassman
10-Jun-2009, 12:52 PM
S3 couldn't fill the large shoes set in place by S2, but if Raimi has control this time around, I'll be there.

But PLEEEAAASSSEEE get a new Mary Jane. I can't stand Kirsten Dunst...

DjfunkmasterG
10-Jun-2009, 01:37 PM
S2 is really the best of the SM films. Especially having that nod to Evil Dead in the Operating Room automatically set that one above the rest.

ProfessorChaos
10-Jun-2009, 11:04 PM
i saw all three spidey films in theaters, but after the third movie and all its glaring problems/annoyances, i highly doubt i'll bother watching this one till it's out on dvd. pudgey mcguire just isn't a very good peter parker/spider-man...he was okay in the first one, but he's always getting crocodile tears and scrunching his face up all funny-like...maybe it's just bad writing, idk...and i'll never forgive him for that piano-dancing bullshit.

bassman, i'm pretty sure kirsten dunst is on board for this one, too.

Neil
11-Jun-2009, 11:28 AM
Spider-Man 3 sucked, and I honestly would not want to waste my money on seeing a fourth.

Sucked is somewhat harsh don't you think...? Still better than the majority of super hero flicks. For example the Superman reboot...

Anyway, I enjoyed it, even though it was the least of the three so far...

i saw all three spidey films in theaters, but after the third movie and all its glaring problems/annoyances, i highly doubt i'll bother watching this one till it's out on dvd. pudgey mcguire just isn't a very good peter parker/spider-man...he was okay in the first one, but he's always getting crocodile tears and scrunching his face up all funny-like...maybe it's just bad writing, idk...and i'll never forgive him for that piano-dancing bullshit.

bassman, i'm pretty sure kirsten dunst is on board for this one, too.

I agree... He's good at times, but he just doesn't seem to have that believable super hero element to him?

bassman
11-Jun-2009, 11:34 AM
Sucked is somewhat harsh don't you think...? Still better than the majority of super hero flicks. For example the Superman reboot...

I would have to strongly disagree there....

I think Spiderman 3's major flaw was trying to cram too much story and too many characters into a 2 hour film.

DjfunkmasterG
11-Jun-2009, 12:23 PM

Anyway, I enjoyed it, even though it was the least of the three so far...

I agree... He's good at times, but he just doesn't seem to have that believable super hero element to him?

I would have to strongly disagree there....

I think Spiderman 3's major flaw was trying to cram too much story and too many characters into a 2 hour film.

The movie ran 2 hours and 39 minutes, and it was boring, annoying and just down right horrible. I fell asleep in the theater.

The musical bits were beyond goofy, the direction was horrible, and too say the Superman reboot was worse leaves me shaking my head. While Superman 5 was not great it was much better than Spidey 3.

When it comes to Superhero films this is how I rank them. (Top 5)

Batman Begins
Iron Man
Spider-Man 2
Superman 1
The Dark Knight

EvilNed
11-Jun-2009, 01:20 PM
What movie ran 2 hours and 39 minutes and was annoying and boring? Spider-Man 3 or Superman Returns? Spider-Man 3 was 2 hours 19, and Superman was 2 hours 34. So I'll assume you mean Superman, and yes. I agree. Superman Returns was a failure. The trailer was very cool, but the movie itself fell flat big time.

Spider-Man 3? I had a blast watching it in the theaters. It might have tried to cram in too much, but it was still a solid action/adventure film. I really, really liked it when I saw in theaters and when I saw it again I realized that the characters actually got their fair bit of time. Doctor Octopus in the second film is missing for one full hour in the middle of the film, yet I don't see anyone complaining about that?

I love the Spider-Man films. All three of em'. They're good, they're good.

DjfunkmasterG
11-Jun-2009, 02:10 PM
What movie ran 2 hours and 39 minutes and was annoying and boring? Spider-Man 3 or Superman Returns? Spider-Man 3 was 2 hours 19, and Superman was 2 hours 34. So I'll assume you mean Superman, and yes. I agree. Superman Returns was a failure. The trailer was very cool, but the movie itself fell flat big time.

Spider-Man 3? I had a blast watching it in the theaters. It might have tried to cram in too much, but it was still a solid action/adventure film. I really, really liked it when I saw in theaters and when I saw it again I realized that the characters actually got their fair bit of time. Doctor Octopus in the second film is missing for one full hour in the middle of the film, yet I don't see anyone complaining about that?

I love the Spider-Man films. All three of em'. They're good, they're good.

The cut of Spidey 3 which played in my area ran 2 hours and 39 minutes, without the trailers, almost 3 hours with all the trailers.

EvilNed
11-Jun-2009, 02:17 PM
There are no alternate versions of that film, so that's more or less impossible. More likely, since it's 139 minutes long, someone just messed up on the billboard and printed it as two hours and 39 minutes. It's happened before.

AcesandEights
11-Jun-2009, 02:19 PM
Spiderman 3 was lacking. It had some good ideas, I thought, but them came off very cheesy and made the whole thing a pretty boring (sometimes cringing) affair for me to watch.

They're good, they're good.

Well, you can convince yourself with a mantra, at least ;)

bassman
11-Jun-2009, 02:35 PM
Spiderman 3 was lacking. It had some good ideas, I thought, but them came off very cheesy and made the whole thing a pretty boring (sometimes cringing) affair for me to watch.

The black clothes/hair and dancing bit was what pushed the cheese factor over too far, imo.

Spiderman 2 is the only Spiderman film that I truly enjoy. Spiderman 1 is too light and frothy for my tastes. It seemed to be made more for kids rather than having a balance between kids and adults.

I think most people's complaints with Superman Returns is that they wanted an all new story with a supervillian thats equal to supes. As a huge fan of Donner's films, I thought SR was a perfect way to RE-introduce the character. Unfortunately we may not get to see Singer's follow up which would have been the supervillain the other group wanted...

EvilNed
11-Jun-2009, 02:38 PM
What SR was lacking wasn't a good villain. It had a good villain. What it was lacking was a good, interesting plot (that we hadn't seen before) and tempo. It had none of these. It was almost as if they took an average Superman comic plot that should last around 90 minutes, but blasted up to 150 minutes. Dull!

As for Spider-Man 1 being light, meh. If that's the case, I almost think number 2 is a bit lighter. It's definetly cheesier, anyway. Doc Ock, while very cool, has some extreme moments of pure melted cheese. "The power of the sun in the palm of my hand..."

But yeah, it's a great film.

bassman
11-Jun-2009, 02:44 PM
We'll have to agree to disagree on SR, I spose. I think the story is fantastic. It's just an all around fantastic film. Porbably one of the best superhero flicks in the last 20 years, imo.

AcesandEights
11-Jun-2009, 02:52 PM
The black clothes/hair and dancing bit was what pushed the cheese factor over too far, imo.

I know what you mean. It was a cute/funny idea, but it didn't come off that way to me in execution and I alternately cringed and rolled my eyes during the scene.

Spiderman 2 is the only Spiderman film that I truly enjoy. Spiderman 1 is too light and frothy for my tastes. It seemed to be made more for kids rather than having a balance between kids and adults.

I can kind of see what you mean, but I actually liked Spiderman 1, I thought it was very true to the mood evoked in Spidey comics and hit all the right notes. I feel it was a great first start-off, origin flick. To me, it's a good example of how to do a raucously fun comic book film that isn't all dark and gritty, which made it a nice alternative.

Spiderman 2 was a great follow up, though. At least, for me, it was.

EvilNed
11-Jun-2009, 02:54 PM
I think the mood was spot-on in all of them, and I agree that those films almost seem fresh in their attempt NOT to be dark, gritty, über-realistic and all that stuff that most other "cool", "hip", new films try to be *Cough*Dark Knight*Cough*. :p

bassman
11-Jun-2009, 04:01 PM
I think the mood was spot-on in all of them, and I agree that those films almost seem fresh in their attempt NOT to be dark, gritty, über-realistic and all that stuff that most other "cool", "hip", new films try to be *Cough*Dark Knight*Cough*. :p

Most Batman comics are dark. So Batman Begins and TDK are true to the mythos of the character. It has nothing to do with being hip or cool...

EvilNed
11-Jun-2009, 04:48 PM
I guess I'm mostly tired of all the religion that TDK jumpstarted. It was a good film that was 30 minutes too long. Oh and Heath did NOT get that oscar because he pulled off a good performance. He got the oscar becuase he pulled off a good performance and then died. TDK is a GOOD film! But it's NOT a great film!

bassman
11-Jun-2009, 04:53 PM
Yeah, the oscar thing was a bit far fetched, but I still absolutely love what Ledger did with the character. Even before he died.

What he performed on screen is exactly what the joker in the comics was, imo. I thought it was perfect. Definitely better than Jack Nicholson playing Jack Nicholson with make up.:p

TDK did get extra attention because of Ledger, but it kills me when people say it made all that money just because of him. By that rationale, Soul Men should have made DOUBLE what TDK made because it was released after both Bernie Mac and Isaac Hayes died...

EvilNed
11-Jun-2009, 04:56 PM
I hate to admit it, really, but I kinda like most superhero movies actually... I can only name a few, of those I've seen, that I did not like. DareDevil for instance.

bassman
11-Jun-2009, 05:00 PM
I hate to admit it, really, but I kinda like most superhero movies actually... I can only name a few, of those I've seen, that I did not like. DareDevil for instance.

There's quite a few more that you could fit into that list...

Catwoman
Capatin America
Batman & Robin
Barb Wire
Blade Trinity
Supergirl

EvilNed
11-Jun-2009, 05:05 PM
Haven't seen any of those, actually. Except for B&R, which is ridiculous. But that goes without saying.

Neil
12-Jun-2009, 07:27 AM
When it comes to Superhero films this is how I rank them. (Top 5)

Batman Begins
Iron Man
Spider-Man 2
Superman 1
The Dark Knight

Yeh... I'd go with that, although I'd put Iron Man further down for me personally...

And X-Men 1 & 2, and Superman 2 would all be clammering to get in there...