PDA

View Full Version : videogame argument ends in accidental death

Danny
10-Jun-2009, 10:46 AM
http://kotaku.com/5285481/video-game-argument-ends-in-accidental-death

why did i not post this in videogames?, BECAUSE ITS NOT A VIDEOGAME PROBLEM. why isnt the media even asking, in the exact wording i use-

WHO THE FUCK LEAVES A LOADED SHOTGUN WITH AN 11 AND 9 YEAR OLD!!!!

seriously, because the fight started over a videogame news sites are, of course, talking about the evils of the murder simulators, but seriously, what the fuck?, i mean, a mother fucking shotgun! with little kids and no supervision!:mad:

this is a media article, it is made of phail and stupid.

capncnut
10-Jun-2009, 01:55 PM
WHO THE FUCK LEAVES A LOADED SHOTGUN WITH AN 11 AND 9 YEAR OLD!!!!
Um, an American perhaps?

I think the eleven-year-old should be put in a looneybin for a few years. I don't care how young he is, if you grab a shotgun and pull it on your younger brother over a videogame, you probably need locking up.

Craig
10-Jun-2009, 02:58 PM
Um, an American perhaps?

I think the eleven-year-old should be put in a looneybin for a few years. I don't care how young he is, if you grab a shotgun and pull it on your younger brother over a videogame, you probably need locking up.
From what the police had said the child was too small to have actually aimed and shot the gun at his brother, it went off while they were both struggling over it. Even at the age of 11 I think only a very small portion of the blame (if any) should rest on the child, it was no doubt an accidental shooting. Any parent who leaves a loaded gun in reach of children is probably not the sort of parent who'd bother to teach them about the dangers of such weapons either.

EvilNed
10-Jun-2009, 03:21 PM
So what if one of them actually won the struggle and managed to get a blast off? Would that still be an accident?

The kid went up and GOT the gun? Was that an accident?

Publius
10-Jun-2009, 05:12 PM
From what the police had said the child was too small to have actually aimed and shot the gun at his brother, it went off while they were both struggling over it. Even at the age of 11 I think only a very small portion of the blame (if any) should rest on the child, it was no doubt an accidental shooting. Any parent who leaves a loaded gun in reach of children is probably not the sort of parent who'd bother to teach them about the dangers of such weapons either.

The description of the incident on kotaku.com is weak. If you click through to the Sky News article, it appears that the police actually said that the gun was too long and heavy for the younger brother to shoot himself in the chest with it, which makes more sense. Because the older brother initially denied touching the gun at all. His story now is that the younger brother went for the gun, the two struggled over it, and it accidentally went off shooting the younger brother.

Craig
11-Jun-2009, 02:16 PM
Either way, I still can't see how the blame could be put on the kid, they're barely responsible for their own actions. I think it comes down to gun safety and decent parenting which it doesn't appear were present here. That's what parents are for, to protect their children and teach them right from wrong.

EvilNed
11-Jun-2009, 02:21 PM
I agree. I just don't think it can be counted as an accident. It just ain't an accident when humans are involved, kids or not.

AcesandEights
11-Jun-2009, 02:33 PM
I think it comes down to gun safety and decent parenting which it doesn't appear were present here. That's what parents are for, to protect their children and teach them right from wrong.

I agree, though I do think the kid needs some serious looking after and looking into. Until people can get a handle on what his intentions were, it would pretty irresponsible to try and just 'forget this ever happened.'