PDA

View Full Version : file this under "icky"

Adrenochrome
18-May-2006, 02:14 PM
I practically live on a huge Lake here in the Kansas City area where I spend alot of time fishing. Well, last night, my gal and I were out on one of our fish-trek-relax-hike things when my eye got all itchy. I scratched and everything seemed to be OK.
Around 11:00pm last night, the same eye started itching again. I rubbed and scratched and it kept getting more and more irritable. I go into the bathroom and spy my little eye in the mirror. To my horror there was a tiny tick digging it's happy little derriere into my lower eyelid (right ON the eyelash line) - after doing a panicky-Homer Simpson squeal ("Get it off me, get it off me!" waving hands in excitement), I grabbed some tweezers and plucked the little bastard from my person. I could feel it's little tick teeth tearing away trying to dig in deeper before he finally gave up and was thrown into the toilet.

*Disclaimer
NOTE: this thread is in no way meant as a violent/hate thread toward blood-sucking insects (for those Canadians that are easily offended by such things)

erisi236
18-May-2006, 02:27 PM
huh, stange that you mention that, I plucked a tick from my person just last night as well, it was on my arm, but it was there :dead:

Adrenochrome
18-May-2006, 02:30 PM
huh, stange that you mention that, I plucked a tick from my person just last night as well, it was on my arm, but it was there :dead:
Whoa! maybe the ticks are getting together to demand that we "accept them" as productive members of society? Ticks Unite, and all that Jazz......

Where are the Tocks when you need them?

dmbfanintn
18-May-2006, 02:44 PM
Whoa! maybe the ticks are getting together to demand that we "accept them" as productive members of society? Ticks Unite, and all that Jazz......

Where are the Tocks when you need them?

Man the freakin ticks run rampant around these parts. A buddy of mine got a tick bite last year and ended up in the hospital with Rock Mountain Spotted Fever (I think that is the disease you get from ticks) or whatever and was BAD off! Dude was in there like a week and almost passed.

EVERYTIME my kids go outside during the spring and summer, they have to checked for ticks, especially my daughter who has hair down to her rear!

Not a fan of the ticks!

Adrenochrome
18-May-2006, 02:49 PM
Man the freakin ticks run rampant around these parts. A buddy of mine got a tick bite last year and ended up in the hospital with Rock Mountain Spotted Fever (I think that is the disease you get from ticks) or whatever and was BAD off! Dude was in there like a week and almost passed.

EVERYTIME my kids go outside during the spring and summer, they have to checked for ticks, especially my daughter who has hair down to her rear!

Not a fan of the ticks!
What bothers me is......sometimes when plucking them off of you, the body seperates from the head. The head stays in there feeding. Damn!!!!! **Does that Homer Simpson thing again**

dmbfanintn
18-May-2006, 03:05 PM
What bothers me is......sometimes when plucking them off of you, the body seperates from the head. The head stays in there feeding. Damn!!!!! **Does that Homer Simpson thing again**

Yep, then you have to get out the needle and the tweezers and pluck that sucker outta there!

you know what happens if you leave in the head don't you?

Have you ever seen David Cronenberg's "The Fly", well it would like that, only with a tick!

erisi236
18-May-2006, 03:12 PM
heh, damn you guys, ever since I started reading this every little thing I feel on my body I think might be another tick :eek:

Adrenochrome
18-May-2006, 03:14 PM
Yep, then you have to get out the needle and the tweezers and pluck that sucker outta there!

you know what happens if you leave in the head don't you?

Have you ever seen David Cronenberg's "The Fly", well it would like that, only with a tick!
LOL, I had to dig the head of one of those human sucking bastards out of the back of my gal's knee....that NICE area behind the knee??? SLURP!!!!....oooops, sorry....anyhooooo, that f*cker was digging to the equivalent of Human China. When I looked at it under a mag-glass, it looked like two hungry insect arms and a mouth...looking to feed. Damn those freaks!!!!! Ticks are freaks and no-one can convince me otherwise!!!!

**paints on a peice of cardboard - TICKS ARE FREAKS!

heh, damn you guys, ever since I started reading this every little thing I feel on my body I think might be another tick :eek:
Call out the Tocks!

dmbfanintn
18-May-2006, 03:25 PM

You know what's fun? After you get the tick off, put him on a table or something (they don't run very fast, so he won't get away!) and then get you lighter and a needle (you can use the one you used to get the head out!) heat that needle red hot and poke that bastard with the hot needle and watch him squirm!

Of course, now understand that I do not participate in this now-a-days, that was only when I was in my younger more adolesent days, yeah, that's it!

I'm not some sadistic SOB that gets off on watching innocent animals writhe in pain, nope, not me!!!

p2501
18-May-2006, 03:31 PM
I grabbed some tweezers and plucked the little bastard from my person. I could feel it's little tick teeth tearing away trying to dig in deeper before he finally gave up and was thrown into the toilet.

oh god, that's the worst way to pull one out. make damn certain you clean out the wound site, tick related infections are an absolute bitch to deal with.

Adrenochrome
18-May-2006, 03:51 PM
oh god, that's the worst way to pull one out. make damn certain you clean out the wound site, tick related infections are an absolute bitch to deal with.
Oh, I got the bastard prick (can I say "bastard prick" here? Canadians get so offended {or, atleast those guys obsessed with Hawks, do}), anyhooooo....
I've been watching it....it itched; it doesn't now. Neosporin is a good thing.
For now.....what if the mixture of tick spit and Neosporin (sp) turns me into a freaking god damned-monkey farm zombie!!??
....if I turn into a zombie because of tick-prick...I'll let you guys know....

.....or, will I?

(Damn, you should have seen this bastard tick!!! He was a hungry little bastard!)

slickwilly13
18-May-2006, 03:54 PM
If you think that's bad. Whe I was 9, I was taking a shower after playing in the woods. I looked down and there was a tick attached to my sack. I was able to remove it by myself *fortunately*, but it wasn't easy.

Adrenochrome
18-May-2006, 03:58 PM
If you think that's bad. Whe I was 9, I was taking a shower after playing in the woods. I looked down and there was a tick attached to my sack. I was able to remove it by myself *fortunately*, but it wasn't easy.
Oh, man.....I was 12 and had a tick attached to the sack. Nothing more horrifying than a bug sucking the sack.

dmbfanintn
18-May-2006, 04:03 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

NNNNNOOOOOOO Not the sack!

Was it a bean or the frank?:evil:

p2501
18-May-2006, 04:04 PM
Oh, I got the bastard prick (can I say "bastard prick" here? Canadians get so offended {or, atleast those guys obsessed with Hawks, do}), anyhooooo....
I've been watching it....it itched; it doesn't now. Neosporin is a good thing.
For now.....what if the mixture of tick spit and Neosporin (sp) turns me into a freaking god damned-monkey farm zombie!!??
....if I turn into a zombie because of tick-prick...I'll let you guys know....

.....or, will I?

(Damn, you should have seen this bastard tick!!! He was a hungry little bastard!)

I get them all the time from playing paintball. the best method to get them out without having a pincher stuck in the would site, is the cherry from a match head gets them to flee, then flush them.

after that peroxide, peroxide, peroxide.

Adrenochrome
18-May-2006, 04:07 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

NNNNNOOOOOOO Not the sack!

Was it a bean or the frank?:evil:
the side of the bean.

bassman
18-May-2006, 04:10 PM
I get them all the time from playing paintball. the best method to get them out without having a pincher stuck in the would site, is the cherry from a match head gets them to flee, then flush them.

after that peroxide, peroxide, peroxide.

Yeah, my grandfather taught me the same trick when I was younger. If you can heat up something and put it against the tick without burning yourself, it will let go. Hell, he used to use just a lighter and nothing else. I have no idea how he didn't burn himself....

Ticks....ugh.

"spooooon!":D

Adrenochrome
18-May-2006, 04:19 PM
Yeah, my grandfather taught me the same trick when I was younger. If you can heat up something and put it against the tick without burning yourself, it will let go. Hell, he used to use just a lighter and nothing else. I have no idea how he didn't burn himself....

Ticks....ugh.

I know the "light-the-bitch and back out" trick.....
but, IT WAS NEAR MY EYE!!!!!!!! RIGHT ON THE EYELASH!!!!!!!!!

had to go plucks-ville

I'm all for the "Ocular Impalement" scenes of a Fulci, but.....MY eye????? I felt it "pluck"!!!!
dammit, man, I felt it "pluck"!!!

bassman
18-May-2006, 04:21 PM
I know the "light-the-bitch and back out" trick.....
but, IT WAS NEAR MY EYE!!!!!!!! RIGHT ON THE EYELASH!!!!!!!!!

had to go plucks-ville

I'm all for the "Ocular Impalement" scenes of a Fulci, but.....MY eye????? I felt it "pluck"!!!!
dammit, man, I felt it "pluck"!!!

Haha...yeah, I wasn't suggesting that you should have done that. Flame is not good when it's that close to the eye:confused:

kortick
18-May-2006, 04:26 PM
yuck tom

i am glad you got the little b*stard out before it could do any real damage

and lyme disease is a problem with those little joys

that is the problem of enjoying the outdoors

we are the trespassers
it is their environment and we are intruding on them

i like the outdoors
always have

but we have to be careful

lots of things out there that are yucky

Adrenochrome
18-May-2006, 04:44 PM
we are the trespassers
it is their environment and we are intruding on them

i like the outdoors
always have

but we have to be careful

lots of things out there that are yucky
hmmmmmm...I never consider myself a "trespasser" here.
My back porch is a lake. My front porch is "a way to town". I spend most of my time on "the back porch". I have a hammock 'tween two trees (5 ft from the lake). I nap. I fish. I think. I love.
I don't see any of us "intruding". I see all of us "not able to respect", sometimes. Or, WE MUST CLUSTER HERE!
Why do humans hate each other? I don't give a rats ass about border or preferrence. Why do humans hate each other?

MapMan
18-May-2006, 05:01 PM
I just picked one of those little bastards from my armpit. I feel your pain.

*Non disclaimer
I don't give a damn if you are offended. I plucked from my armpit and wrapped it up in Kleenex and burned it alive.

p2501
18-May-2006, 05:03 PM

Ticks....ugh.

yep. in the field i just use my zippo. it does the trick fine.

mista_mo
18-May-2006, 06:27 PM
I like to think i'm a tough young man..I'm strong, and smart...but uhh...ticks..I have a tiny little problem with...I remember I felt something on the back of my neck one day, and I reached around and there was this big ol fat tick about the size of a small spider, filled with my blood, needless to say I crushed the little basturd..no one takes my blood but me.

MapMan
18-May-2006, 07:46 PM
Let us not forget the dreaded Chigger. At least that is what we call them here. The tiny red bug that digs into you.

Adrenochrome
18-May-2006, 07:56 PM
Let us not forget the dreaded Chigger. At least that is what we call them here. The tiny red bug that digs into you.
Oh my, Chiggers. I have 4 of those.

kortick
18-May-2006, 08:08 PM
maybe i worded it too harshly

i just mean that if you go out into the wilderness then
you become part of the food chain too

i suffer from poison ivy badly

i have a very severe allergy to it

but if i catch it i have no one to blame but myself

i wont get it watchng tv on my couch
or reading a book

Adrenochrome
18-May-2006, 08:26 PM
maybe i worded it too harshly

i just mean that if you go out into the wilderness then
you become part of the food chain too

i suffer from poison ivy badly

i have a very severe allergy to it

but if i catch it i have no one to blame but myself

i wont get it watchng tv on my couch
or reading a book
I thought that's what you meant.....I still don't see it as trespassing. That's such an "angry" word. Whenever I hike through the wilderness, I have respect when I visit and I never trespass.:D
And, I'm always looking for Mr. Tumnus.

livingdeadboy
18-May-2006, 08:55 PM
*Disclaimer
NOTE: this thread is in no way meant as a violent/hate thread toward blood-sucking insects (for those Canadians that are easily offended by such things)

I hate the little tick bastards too...and I'm canadian...ooooo ahhhhhh

dmbfanintn
18-May-2006, 09:06 PM

Oh yeah, the chigger! We have those little bastards everywhere here too.

Wait, your "here" and my "here" are pretty damn close!

I spent 3 and a half years at Ft Hood TX and the chiggers were REAL bad. We would spend two weeks at a time in the field and we would be covered in thsoe damn little monsters!

You know what works well? Clear fingernail polish! Just put a little dab on the chigger-fied area and it will smother them.

That why it's not good to scratch the chigger, it actually opens the hole and allows the chigger to burrow even deeper into you.

MapMan
18-May-2006, 10:05 PM
Wait, your "here" and my "here" are pretty damn close!

I spent 3 and a half years at Ft Hood TX and the chiggers were REAL bad. We would spend two weeks at a time in the field and we would be covered in thsoe damn little monsters!

2 1/2 hours close.

I spent 3 years at Ft. Knox. The summer really sucked there. Ticks, Chiggers,
Yellow Jackets, Sweat Bees.

I love wildlife. But what is the purpose of theses creatures ? But then again
I can say that about some humans I know as well.

MapMan
18-May-2006, 10:06 PM
[QUOTE=dmbfanintn]Wait, your "here" and my "here" are pretty damn close!

Computer locked up. Sorry for the double post.

HLS
19-May-2006, 03:07 AM
I like to think i'm a tough young man..I'm strong, and smart...but uhh...ticks..I have a tiny little problem with...I remember I felt something on the back of my neck one day, and I reached around and there was this big ol fat tick about the size of a small spider, filled with my blood, needless to say I crushed the little basturd..no one takes my blood but me.

I was driving one day and i felt something on my neck. I went to swipe it and it was a huge cockroach! I just about died and wrecked my car!

MapMan
19-May-2006, 11:04 AM
I was driving one day and i felt something on my neck. I went to swipe it and it was a huge cockroach! I just about died and wrecked my car!

Roaches, They creep me out.

HLS
19-May-2006, 11:45 AM
Roaches, They creep me out. No, joke. I see one in my apartment maybe once a year and I scream like a lunatic!:eek:

Adrenochrome
19-May-2006, 11:53 AM
No, joke. I see one in my apartment maybe once a year and I scream like a lunatic!:eek:
as long as you're here...you KNOW you can read my posts and still have me on your ignore list, right? I'm getting tired of the three or four times a day that I get the "notice that I've been added" popup. (Do you realize that I get a notice everytime you re-add me to your ignore list?) Yesterday it was 4.....it's already been once today and it's not even 7:00 am. Come on, Spitfire.....get it straight now.......that's a good gal.....:D

MapMan
19-May-2006, 12:19 PM
We almost forgot flies and gnats. I was in Boy Scouts and on a camping trip my friend started screaming in the middle of the night. They rushed him to the emergency room where they flushed two gnats mating out of his left ear canal.

Adrenochrome
19-May-2006, 12:23 PM
We almost forgot flies and gnats. I was in Boy Scouts and on a camping trip my friend started screaming in the middle of the night. They rushed him to the emergency room where they flushed two gnats mating out of his left ear canal.
INSANE!!!
I was harrassed by a huge "Horse Fly" several years ago. Those things bite/sting.....A friend and I were hiking through the woods and the damned thing followed us the entire day. VERY annoying!

MapMan
19-May-2006, 12:31 PM
When I got out of the Army I needed a job until the Fall Semester started. I took a job as Pest Control. I went to a mobile home park. You could hear the roaches move through the walls of the trailer.

Adrenochrome
19-May-2006, 12:38 PM
When I got out of the Army I needed a job until the Fall Semester started. I took a job as Pest Control. I went to a mobile home park. You could hear the roaches move through the walls of the trailer.
oh ya.....seen similar. The business I own occasionally gets a contract to do some refurbishing on OLD rental properties - (some people destroy everything)
I pulled a sheet of paneling from a living room wall about 3 months ago and there was a roach-fall. MILLIONS of them scattered every direction, and yes, they are quite loud when there's that many.

mista_mo
19-May-2006, 06:34 PM
Again, I hate admitting it, but insects and the like have always made me squemish...especilly bees...I guess thats my fault. when I was like 5, I didn't know what a bee hive was, and I happened upon one once...decided that the best course of action in my young mind was to throw rocks at it...bad, bad, bad idea....

although, I do find alot of these creatures incredibly interesting (especilly chiggers) it still doesn't detract from the fact that I don't want one on me...ever.

HLS
20-May-2006, 08:14 PM
Again, I hate admitting it, but insects and the like have always made me squemish...especilly bees...I guess thats my fault. when I was like 5, I didn't know what a bee hive was, and I happened upon one once...decided that the best course of action in my young mind was to throw rocks at it...bad, bad, bad idea....

although, I do find alot of these creatures incredibly interesting (especilly chiggers) it still doesn't detract from the fact that I don't want one on me...ever.

Bees have it in for me. They single me out and chase me. lol! What I really hate is wasps. When I was 5 i disturbed one of the nests and not massive stings. I remember very little of it. They are scary mean looking bastards.

Adrenochrome
20-May-2006, 08:23 PM
Bees have it in for me. They single me out and chase me. lol! What I really hate is wasps. When I was 5 i disturbed one of the nests and not massive stings. I remember very little of it. They are scary mean looking bastards.
WHA What What!!??
Why would bees "have it in for you"? This would insinuate that they are attacking you for a valid reason. (Insinuate - To introduce or otherwise convey (a thought, for example) gradually and insidiously. )
".....disturbed one of the nests and not massive stings." Um, huh?

"What I really hate is wasps." This should read, "What I really hate are wasps.

"I remember very little of it." - Well, not forgetting enough not to tell us about it. Seems as tho you remember it all.

just trying to help, Sugar Dumplin. :D

and, finally, Can bees be bastards? (Bastard - A child born out of wedlock.)

mista_mo
20-May-2006, 08:41 PM
You over analyze things my good man....really...you do..:D

Adrenochrome
20-May-2006, 09:07 PM
You over analyze things my good man....really...you do..:D
not all the time.:D

slickwilly13
20-May-2006, 09:48 PM
I have a phobia for giant Texas size woodroaches. Always hated them. Cockroaches don't bother me, but these damn things are too big and they fly. I watched too many roach movies when I was a kid that messed with my head. :confused:

TexasZombie
20-May-2006, 10:17 PM
Nothing's as fun as realizing you have a scorpion loose inside your clothes...

TZ