PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones 5?

Neil
11-Jun-2009, 11:26 AM
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Indiana-Jones-5-Happening-At-Fox-13509.html

Please PLEASE don't let Lucas anywhere near the script!

bassman
11-Jun-2009, 11:37 AM
Please PLEASE don't let Lucas anywhere near the script!

Yeah, I agree with that. His story outlines for the first three films were fine, but he dropped the ball on the fourth film. Not that I hated the fourth film. There are some good things about it, imo.:shifty:

DjfunkmasterG
11-Jun-2009, 12:25 PM
Is there really a need for a 5th?

capncnut
11-Jun-2009, 12:27 PM
As it happens, when the last Indy came out there was a report on ITV news, which had an interview with Harrison Ford. He said way back then that Lucas had an "interesting new idea" for Indy 5, so I'm afraid you will have to bite the poo on that one. Not only that but Lucas has written every one of them thus far so I doubt they will change the tradition.

EvilNed
11-Jun-2009, 01:21 PM
Indy 4 was as flat and boring as most modern Blockbusters are.

Craig
11-Jun-2009, 01:44 PM
http://eplay.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/10/09/southparkindy2.jpg

AcesandEights
11-Jun-2009, 02:13 PM
Horrible news! After that crap they churned out for the 4th film, they should just let Indy live on in other (revenue generating) media.

bassman
11-Jun-2009, 02:20 PM
I think Indy 4 gets ragged on too much. It obviously had some major, major flaws, but in the end I think it was still fun. Not as good as Raiders or Crusade, but I enjoy it more than Temple of Doom.

Definitely cool to see Indy in the theater again, that's for sure.:cool:

AcesandEights
11-Jun-2009, 02:30 PM
I think Indy 4 gets ragged on too much.

I don't know, Bassman, I just can't make myself like it. I'd rather watch the Mummy :(

Not as good as Raiders or Crusade, but I enjoy it more than Temple of Doom.

Interesting. Doom used to be my least fav, but it's been decent. They just need to hang up the hat & whip when it comes to making Indy movies, I think.

EvilNed
11-Jun-2009, 02:39 PM
Yeah, The Mummy (first one) was better than Indy 4 to be sure. But then again, The Mummy was pretty good and Indy 4 was pretty bad.

bassman
11-Jun-2009, 02:45 PM
Mummy better than Indy 4?? I definitely don't see that. Manos The Hands of Fate is almost better than The Mummy.:p

EvilNed
11-Jun-2009, 02:53 PM
Bassman, you have a very strange habit of disliking films everyone else likes and liking films everyone else dislikes. I'm starting to think you do it on purpose. :p

AcesandEights
11-Jun-2009, 02:59 PM
Mummy better than Indy 4?? I definitely don't see that. Manos The Hands of Fate is almost better than The Mummy.:p

Nah, the original Mummy was a fun, light-hearted, pulpy adventure, Summer flick, for me. It used some great archetypes that I loved to see and was just pure fun, as far as I'm concerned. It was a great homage to earlier types of flicks, but done up with medium budget special effects. Two-fisted, dime-novel and adventurific :D

All the other Mummy stuff after the first one, however...:hurl:

EvilNed
11-Jun-2009, 03:02 PM
Haha, yeah. The Mummy Returns? I remember when everyone loved it when it first came out. Try looking at it now. It's packed with cheesy CGI from the get-go. I guess it's an OK adventure, but it took a whole new turn from the first film which was actually a really good suspense, adventure with the perfect setting... And no annyoing little kid! Something that was very popular in the late 90's, early 00's... (Star Wars anyone?)

I saw The Mummy 3 too. It was Okey. I guess I kinda WANTED to like it, so my memory is therefore fond of it. But it doesn't hold a candle to the first film which is just very charming. And let's not talk about the Scorpion Kings.

AcesandEights
11-Jun-2009, 03:13 PM
I saw The Mummy 3 too. It was Okey. I guess I kinda WANTED to like it, so my memory is therefore fond of it. But it doesn't hold a candle to the first film which is just very charming. And let's not talk about the Scorpion Kings.

I just saw the Mummy 3 a week or so ago. It was okay, definitely much better than the second one in the series.

I also agree with you, Ned, on the whole Scorpion King thing. Can you believe there is a direct-to-DVD sequel out there for it? :|

bassman
11-Jun-2009, 04:04 PM
Bassman, you have a very strange habit of disliking films everyone else likes and liking films everyone else dislikes. I'm starting to think you do it on purpose. :p

Everyone else likes The Mummy? You and I must be around different people. Everyone I know thinks those movies are bad...

For the most part I'm not too picky on films. Not as much as some people around HPotD, anyway.:p

EvilNed
11-Jun-2009, 04:46 PM
We're talking about The Mummy, not the franchise. Everyone likes The Mummy, even you. Even if you deny it. :p

bassman
11-Jun-2009, 04:48 PM
We're talking about The Mummy, not the franchise. Everyone likes The Mummy, even you. Even if you deny it. :p

I wasn't fond of it the first time around. Haven't seen it in years, though. The third film was a waste of my time. The only good thing I can find in it is Maria Bello.:D

I almost pissed myself laughing at the abominable snowmen, though....

EvilNed
11-Jun-2009, 04:49 PM
Really? Well, I'm bias. When we watched it, we were right in the middle of making a Abominable Snowman film, so we thought it was kinda cool.

DjfunkmasterG
11-Jun-2009, 05:29 PM
The Mummy (1999) is a great summer popcorn flick which was counter programming to Star Wars Episode #1. That film reminded me of an Indy Jones flick, but The Mummy Returns was horrible, and I can't comment on Mummy 3 as I have not yet seen it.

Indy 4 can't even wipe the Ball sweat off The Mummy. The Mummy was way more entertaining and action packed, while Indy 4 was boring.

Neil
12-Jun-2009, 07:23 AM
but I enjoy it more than Temple of Doom.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:annoyed: