PDA

View Full Version : Most badass Liam Neeson film ever - Taken - Djfunk's thoughts

DjfunkmasterG
13-Jun-2009, 06:49 AM
Ok,

I just finished this awesome popcorn of a revenge flick.

When ex-cia operative Bryan Mills daughter is kidnapped while in Paris he goes on a country wide hunt too not only get her back, but to exact revenge on those responsible in his own special sort of way.

Filled with action, violence, drugs and a sex slave trade, TAKEN is one balls to the wall flick.

Normally I would go into more depth about this film with one of my reviews, but its not something you really wanna spend time talking about, it is just one of those fuck'em flicks that has to be seen.

Nothing special in the story or acting, just a top notch popcorn revenge flick.

A+, just because Neeson is playing one cool as hll badass mutherfucker. :D

BTW, this is based on the International UNRATED version. Not the PG-13 version.

SRP76
13-Jun-2009, 07:19 AM
He'll always be the bitch that got punked repeatedly by Clint in The Dead Pool.

Not that there's much shame in that, really.

MaximusIncredulous
13-Jun-2009, 09:10 AM
He'll always be the bitch that got punked repeatedly by Clint in The Dead Pool.

Not that there's much shame in that, really.

Or the mindless animal in Her Majesty's Royal Navy with the unlucky face.

MinionZombie
13-Jun-2009, 09:59 AM
I really enjoyed Taken - but I've not seen the unrated version, I don't think so anyway ... might get the DVD when it's a few quid.

I really enjoyed it - like you say, it's just bloody good fun, and quite frankly, Liam Neeson kicking off is just a fantastic sight to behold - mofo knows how to take names in this flick, alright! :cool:

DjfunkmasterG
13-Jun-2009, 01:51 PM
I really enjoyed Taken - but I've not seen the unrated version, I don't think so anyway ... might get the DVD when it's a few quid.

I really enjoyed it - like you say, it's just bloody good fun, and quite frankly, Liam Neeson kicking off is just a fantastic sight to behold - mofo knows how to take names in this flick, alright! :cool:

MZ, you live across the POND, you have seen this version.

MinionZombie
13-Jun-2009, 04:50 PM
MZ, you live across the POND, you have seen this version.
Nope, there are/were two versions over here - the "extended harder cut" is the one rated 18 on DVD - the only one on DVD I think, so the cinema version was different (we often get the American theatrical cut regardless of our own ratings system and such). I saw it by other means a whole ago though, hehe ... but yeah, one of these days I'll get the DVD that's rated 18 for a few quid.

So I guess that I haven't yet seen the uncut version...will do sometime soon though.

DjfunkmasterG
14-Jun-2009, 05:56 AM
Well no matter which version you have seen the movie still kicks arse. :D

MinionZombie
14-Jun-2009, 10:14 AM
Well no matter which version you have seen the movie still kicks arse. :D
Damn straight.

DjfunkmasterG
14-Jun-2009, 04:39 PM
Or the mindless animal in Her Majesty's Royal Navy with the unlucky face.

Don't forget he was also Patrick Swayze's redneck Cousin in Next of Kin.

MoonSylver
14-Jun-2009, 09:42 PM
Sir Gawain in "Excalibur" as well. One of his earliest film appearances. Even though he only has a couple of lines, he's still awesome. As is Patrick Stewart in a pre-ST:TNG appearance as Guinevere's father, Leodegrance & Gabriel Byrne in his first big screen appearance as Uther Pendragon. (Then again, pretty much everyone in that movie is awesome.)

PJoseph
15-Jun-2009, 07:38 AM
My wife and I just watched this film over the weekend. It was kick ass. Neeson f's a lot of dudes up and in some serious fast moves!

pJ

DjfunkmasterG
15-Jun-2009, 12:04 PM
Did you guys watch the UNRATED cut?

Publius
15-Jun-2009, 04:39 PM
Good movie! I only saw the PG-13 version, though. One thing I hate is when a movie scene ends up on the cutting room floor for the MPAA version, but they still put the scene (or a glimpse of it) in the stinking preview! What's the point of that? Making moviegoers disappointed that they didn't get to see something cool-looking that they had been teased with?

DjfunkmasterG
15-Jun-2009, 04:51 PM
Pubs,

you need to see the UNRATED cut. The interrogation scene alone is way worth it.

MaximusIncredulous
15-Jun-2009, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the heads-up on this flick DJ. Very entertaining. Now I gotta find that unrated cut.

DjfunkmasterG
15-Jun-2009, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the heads-up on this flick DJ. Very entertaining. Now I gotta find that unrated cut.

My pleasure.

Even I was shocked as I never really thought Liam could be as Ruthless as he was, even though he did play RAS in Batman Begins, but this is just awesome seeing him giving the bad guys their come uppance.

DubiousComforts
15-Jun-2009, 11:07 PM
The Phantom Menace -- anyone that can bring a good performance and some solid human screen presence to the otherwise wacky two-dimensional coloring-book world of Lucasfilm is absolutely "badass."

MoonSylver
16-Jun-2009, 12:41 AM
The Phantom Menace -- anyone that can bring a good performance and some solid human screen presence to the otherwise wacky two-dimensional coloring-book world of Lucasfilm is absolutely "badass."

Y'know, I thought about that too. Despite many negatives in the prequels, there were SOME positives (IMO), & this was one of them. Qui-Gon Jinn is still one of my favorite characters.

clanglee
16-Jun-2009, 03:44 AM
Sir Gawain in "Excalibur" as well. One of his earliest film appearances. Even though he only has a couple of lines, he's still awesome. As is Patrick Stewart in a pre-ST:TNG appearance as Guinevere's father, Leodegrance & Gabriel Byrne in his first big screen appearance as Uther Pendragon. (Then again, pretty much everyone in that movie is awesome.)

Let's not forget his role in the fabulous Krull

http://www.mennomail.nl/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/krull4.jpg

DjfunkmasterG
18-Jun-2009, 12:31 PM
Y'know, I thought about that too. Despite many negatives in the prequels, there were SOME positives (IMO), & this was one of them. Qui-Gon Jinn is still one of my favorite characters.

That was probably one of the best roles in the SW prequels. He pulled off that mentor teach bit with great ease, too bad Lucas killed him off after one episode... and we get stuck with JAR JAR in all 3. WTF?

DubiousComforts
18-Jun-2009, 06:55 PM
That was probably one of the best roles in the SW prequels.
The Phantom Menace is the best of the prequels, IMO, due to Neeson's performance and McGregor pulling off a convincing young Kenobi. It truly felt like the Jedi in their prime during the lightsaber duel with Maul, something only glimpsed in the original trilogy.

The much-ballyhooed lightsaber duel between Christopher Lee and Yoda in the follow-up was an unconvincing cartoon, not worthy of a Disney flick.

Neil
19-Jun-2009, 11:24 AM
Ok,

I just finished this awesome popcorn of a revenge flick.

When ex-cia operative Bryan Mills daughter is kidnapped while in Paris he goes on a country wide hunt too not only get her back, but to exact revenge on those responsible in his own special sort of way.

Filled with action, violence, drugs and a sex slave trade, TAKEN is one balls to the wall flick.

Normally I would go into more depth about this film with one of my reviews, but its not something you really wanna spend time talking about, it is just one of those fuck'em flicks that has to be seen.

Nothing special in the story or acting, just a top notch popcorn revenge flick.

A+, just because Neeson is playing one cool as hll badass mutherfucker. :D

BTW, this is based on the International UNRATED version. Not the PG-13 version.
You got me thinking now, which version I saw? :)

None-the-less a great revenge flick! Would love to see a sequel!

DjfunkmasterG
19-Jun-2009, 05:37 PM
You got me thinking now, which version I saw? :)

None-the-less a great revenge flick! Would love to see a sequel!

Well there is only one way to tell...

During the interrogation scene did he stick Knitting needles into the guys knee caps and hook the electricity up to the needles, or did he hook the electricity up to the chair?

Unrated version has him shoving the needles into his knees and then hooking up the jumper cables to them.