'Your Worst nightmare' clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h3R9Vhtnxo

"crazy bitch!"(!)

fartpants
18-Jun-2009, 06:11 PM
omg Megan Fox is soooo hot

bassman
18-Jun-2009, 06:15 PM
Pretty funny. Sounds alot like John Leguizamo's character in the Ice Age films, though...

MinionZombie
19-Jun-2009, 10:03 AM
Wellllll........that was.......weird.

Megan Fox is fit, although sometimes she's fitter than other times...and she is a bit thin...but not too thin.

bassman
19-Jun-2009, 11:50 AM
Wellllll........that was.......weird.

Megan Fox is fit, although sometimes she's fitter than other times...and she is a bit thin...but not too thin.

I remember seeing a recent interview in which she said Michael Bay made her gain some wait for Transformers 2. Good call, imo. Then again, I'm not one of those people that think she's the hottest girl around. Most of the time she looks quite skanky, imo.:shifty:

I still want to see Bay's Dark Knight. "She's a beautiful blond, but she also wears glasses, so she's also the smartest girl in the world":lol:

bassman
23-Jun-2009, 07:37 PM
Reviews are coming in. This flick is getting some bad press...

Roger Ebert (http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090623/REVIEWS/906239997) - 1 star

If you want to save yourself the ticket price, go into the kitchen, cue up a male choir singing the music of hell, and get a kid to start banging pots and pans together. Then close your eyes and use your imagination.

This pretty much seems to be what all the reviews are saying. The original was a mindless popcorn flick, but damn....this just sounds horrible.

Here's the film's rotten tomatoes page (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/transformers_revenge_of_the_fallen/)

DubiousComforts
23-Jun-2009, 09:18 PM
This pretty much seems to be what all the reviews are saying. The original was a mindless popcorn flick, but damn....this just sounds horrible.
What a shock. If only there had been a clue...

And it's about time to sack the asshat that introduced the term "popcorn movie" as an excuse for bad cinema.

bassman
23-Jun-2009, 09:30 PM
Oh, come on. The original was entertaining. Not everything has to be a thinker. It's okay to just have a good time.

DubiousComforts
23-Jun-2009, 10:12 PM
Oh, come on. The original was entertaining. Not everything has to be a thinker. It's okay to just have a good time.
That's it, keep right on making excuses for mega-budget garbage. Anyone with an IQ above a Milk Dud should know better than to waste any time on anything with the name "Michael Bay" attached to it.

The marketing genius that sold everyone on the idea of "check your brain at the door, it's a popcorn flick!" didn't do so because he thought you were bright. I've had popcorn at nearly every movie I ever watched in a theater since I was 5 years old, so doesn't that make them all "popcorn movies"?

clanglee
23-Jun-2009, 10:44 PM
Geeze, really. . not everything has to be a thinker. Some movies have no intellectual value. They are just the cinematic equivalent of a fireworks show. Pretty to look at. Nothing wrong with that really.

bassman
23-Jun-2009, 11:40 PM
That's it, keep right on making excuses for mega-budget garbage. Anyone with an IQ above a Milk Dud should know better than to waste any time on anything with the name "Michael Bay" attached to it.

Well I'm sorry that you're too intelligent for us simple minded folk that like to be ENTERTAINED at the theater. I like thinking films quite a bit, but having fun with a more simple film is no problem either.

And seeing as I have the IQ of a milk dud(:rolleyes:), The Bad Boys films and The Rock were awesome.;)

I wonder if there were people who saw some of the first silent "motion pictures" and thought they were too dumb....

SRP76
24-Jun-2009, 12:16 AM
And it's about time to sack the asshat that introduced the term "popcorn movie" as an excuse for bad cinema.

Hell, YES!!

I'll get the drycleaning bag, you pop the trunk. We're going down to the river.

MinionZombie
24-Jun-2009, 10:19 AM
Well I'm sorry that you're too intelligent for us simple minded folk that like to be ENTERTAINED at the theater. I like thinking films quite a bit, but having fun with a more simple film is no problem either.

And seeing as I have the IQ of a milk dud(:rolleyes:), The Bad Boys films and The Rock were awesome.;)

I wonder if there were people who saw some of the first silent "motion pictures" and thought they were too dumb....
Ah The Rock, I love that movie. Bad Boys 1 and 2 are also both really enjoyable ... just like the first Transformers - enjoyable, big budget, not especially deep, pure slabs of entertainment.

And yet I also love movies like The Assassination of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford - a long, meandering, thoughtful, lyrical and beautifully pieced together film that's about as far as you can get from Transformers 2.

It's all about a time and a place, and the varying moods that people are in and watching movies to suit - anything else is, in my view, a bit snobbish.

DjfunkmasterG
24-Jun-2009, 12:17 PM
CNN hated it... No surprise there. All though the guy who reviews makes a lot of errors saying this film should have been made as a pre-teen kids flick, when actuially pre-teens today barely know what a transformer is unless they watched the original 2007 film.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/06/23/review.transformers.revenge/index.html

Very good point. I like my blow-em up smash-em up movies as well as my my thinking mans film.

The marketing genius that sold everyone on the idea of "check your brain at the door, it's a popcorn flick!" didn't do so because he thought you were bright. I've had popcorn at nearly every movie I ever watched in a theater since I was 5 years old, so doesn't that make them all "popcorn movies"?

Oh please, if you like Stars Wars, any one of them including the original 3, than you have no room to make these comments.

AcesandEights
24-Jun-2009, 04:54 PM

No, Bassman, it is most assuredly not okay! :p

The Monoculture of Disapproval is All!

Join the monoculture of disapproval today where nothing is cool and everything is silly, stupid or lame!

Friends, are you bothered by things other people do? Do you get that feeling of nervousness when others are enjoying themselves and you're not? Does it bother you that people are not appreciating what you deem to be of eminent worth?

Well, hop on board! Disapproval and condemnation is not just for churchgoers, those swept up in a socio-political frenzy, people on long lines at the bank and the internet anymore! Use time-tested techniques to ramp the intolerance up to maximum levels and shut down that part of the brain that allows for a reasoned and balanced approach to matters of so-called 'personal' taste.

And don't forget: When you don't like it, it can't be right!

Is that what it sounded like to you, Bass? Some days that's what it sounds like to me.

bassman
24-Jun-2009, 05:05 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

Classic, man. Classic.

I was thinking about it earlier, and even if you don't like Michael Bay's films because they're no-brainers, the dude has a hell of an eye. Some of the shots in his films are awe inspiring. He's definitely a visual director.

SRP76
24-Jun-2009, 05:08 PM
By the standards you people are trying to set here, I expect to NEVER hear that the Dawn remake is anything less than spectacular again. Period. It's the greatest movie ever made, if Transformers is even tolerable.

Seriously, it doesn't take much to "entertain" you people. A bunch of shitty-looking, generic mechs and, of course,the obligatory geeky loser trying to fuck "the hot chick". Wow, how entertaining!

bassman
24-Jun-2009, 05:11 PM
By the standards you people are trying to set here, I expect to NEVER hear that the Dawn remake is anything less than spectacular again. Period. It's the greatest movie ever made, if Transformers is even tolerable.

I was actually going to say that Snyder is a visual director too. His films aren't quite as good as Bay's, though.

Dawn04 is an okay action "popcorn film"(there's that pesky word again...). Pretty much the same as Bay's films. Greatest film ever, it is not.

DubiousComforts
24-Jun-2009, 05:36 PM
Forget the DAWN remake. By these standards, LAND of the DEAD must be absolutely flawless entertainment and DIARY of the DEAD the greatest movie ever made.

If anything, this "popcorn flick" argument renders any and all criticism of the recent George Romero films completely moot. I can dig it!

>Wooooosh!< That's the sound of the point going over your head. Since when did this become a matter of thinking/dull movies vs. juvenile/entertaining movies? Is the world truly that black and white to you? If so, then perhaps you are really as simple-minded as you say.

Except for the gnats that seem unable to keep themselves from their cell phones for more than a few seconds, EVERYONE goes to the movie theater to be entertained. It's certainly not for the food or decorum. The problem is that not everyone views millions of dollars of mindless computer-generated eye candy as "entertainment." Sure, perhaps when you're seven years old and much more easily amused, but what passes for "entertainment" today should be more correctly labeled as distraction.

Michael Bay makes distraction films. The Rock was decent and Bad Boys was mildly amusing, but the list pretty much goes south from there once he lost actors like Connery and Nicholas Cage in favor of casting his buddy Ben Affleck. Perhaps there should have been an inkling of a notion that maybe this guy ain't all that as a director around the time of Armageddon?

I haven't kept up much on current events, but isn't Bay also responsible for aping as many major horror films from the last 30 years as he can get his hands on? Just wait for the inevitable Elm Street remake, which certainly must be next on the chopping block. While I hope it's a really long wait, I'll bet good money that the longest wait will be the time when Bay actually comes up with an original idea.

This idea that "it's just a popcorn flick!" is indeed novel. Helloooo...? The majority of films at your multiplex are thoughtless popcorn flicks. Where are all the "thinking" movies to provide balance? Are there any? The big-budget blockbusters are simply vehicles to further the careers of lazy directors and models cum actors, for rampant product placement and to cross-promote anemic pop music. That there may be something akin to a traditional motion picture in there is purely coincidental.

If you like "thinking films" quite a lot, be sure to let me know the next time you actually find one. (I will. To be fair, The Taking of Pelham 123 is a good example of a current entertaining action film--a remake--that doesn't assume the audience to be idiots. It's certainly as enjoyable as the original.)

Skippy911sc
24-Jun-2009, 05:37 PM
I liked the first Transformers movie for what it was...Fun.

The second looks like more of the same...maybe a little stupider (if thats possible).

But my kids love the commercials...I think I might be more able to stomach this since seeing Night at the Museum 2... :)

bassman
24-Jun-2009, 07:03 PM
Well.....I'm glad that certain people around here can have a mature debate without throwing around insults.:rolleyes::dead:

As for the question of naming a recent "smart" hollywood film....Last year a HUGE hollywood movie was made that cost several hundered million dollars and pushed the boundaries of what a blockbuster could be. It was also a very smart film that raised many moral and ethical questions. It went on to be the second highest grossing film of all time. It was The Dark Knight.

So anyone seen Transformers 2 yet? I was thinking about going tonight, but I'm sure it will be packed. Apparently it's doing some good early sales...

MinionZombie
24-Jun-2009, 07:09 PM
Well.....I'm glad that certain people around here can have a mature debate without throwing around insults.:rolleyes::dead:

As for the question of naming a recent "smart" hollywood film....Last year a HUGE hollywood movie was made that cost several hundered million dollars and pushed the boundaries of what a blockbuster could be. It was also a very smart film that raised many moral and ethical questions. It went on to be the second highest grossing film of all time. It was The Dark Knight.

So anyone seen Transformers 2 yet? I was thinking about going tonight, but I'm sure it will be packed. Apparently it's doing some good early sales...
Saw it on Sunday - enjoyable stuff - but Transformers 1 was better.

When we went it was packed, but it had only been out 3 days so far, but yeah, bloody packed it was ... and the air conditioning wasn't working all that great either.

The film could have been 20 minutes shorter, and it was structurally all over the place compared to the first flick, which was far tighter and more focussed in general when compared to Transformers 2.

Also, with some of the action, it's a bit hard to follow - the fast cutting, shaky camera and general chaos on screen can sometimes all get a bit much when added together and you struggle to see who is who, but it's not a common thing.

And hell yeah - The Dark Knight was fookin' awesome.

DubiousComforts
24-Jun-2009, 07:12 PM
And hell yeah - The Dark Knight was fookin' awesome.
Yes, The Dark Knight is a very good film as well as the aforementioned Pelham 123 remake.

So are these big budget films the exceptions or the rule? You tell me. I don't recall anyone needing to make the "popcorn flick" excuse for The Dark Knight.

Oh please, if you like Stars Wars, any one of them including the original 3, than you have no room to make these comments.
Sure I do. The original Star Wars? Are you being serious?

There was nothing even remotely like Star Wars when it was released. The standard for sci-fi films prior to 1977 was 2001 and even Lucas' own THX-1138. He chose to make a very different kind of movie with Star Wars and American Graffiti, which is just like Star Wars without the Flash Gordon trappings. All of them are good examples of entertaining motion pictures that present ideas, not marketing.

And if Star Wars was based on Kurosawa, well then Lucas stole from the best that cinema had to offer. The only person that needed to make the "popcorn flick" excuse for the original Star Wars was perhaps Harlan Ellison.

bassman
24-Jun-2009, 07:23 PM
So is Transformers 2 worth the price of admission? Or just wait for DVD?

I'm reading that there are some MAJOR problems with it. Problems that are just careless. Such as the same robots(The Constructicons) being in two different places at the SAME TIME. Wow....that's a big oversight, right there.

Rottedfreak
24-Jun-2009, 07:42 PM
It started out well though felt like a mile a minute until the forest fight where Optimus battles three Decepticons, and I must say he was really brutal in this.
There's been angst about the toilet humour, mostly concerning testicles, but I hardly noticed it.
The Constructicons do show up in two places at once but the start also shows one of them die during a deep sea dive so I presume they are a clone army which was common in past Transformers shows.
Wheels, the cursing little blue car Decepticon enslaved by Megan Foxs character, had a neat arc but I think all his lines were redone, the interaction between characters seems off and in the original novel he had low intelligence.
The Autobot twins are hit and miss, their constant fighting is annoying but their dialog was at times funny.
I wish Bumblebee had more of a arc, he was evicted from the Witwicky household on Sam heading to collage and doesnt do much exept tear some Decepticons apart, the novel explains he considered the Witwickys his adoptive family and it would have been nice if they could convey that in the film.
Hopefully the DVD release will see some revision maybe the movie was heavily edited and there could be a special edition/directors cut in the pipeline.

bassman
24-Jun-2009, 07:45 PM
What i've been hearing and what I think is probably true, is that this film falls flat because they rushed the script trying to beat that writer's strike. And most people say this film feels like 3 different scripts that are very badly shoved together...

darth los
24-Jun-2009, 08:31 PM
What i've been hearing and what I think is probably true, is that this film falls flat because they rushed the script trying to beat that writer's strike. And most people say this film feels like 3 different scripts that are very badly shoved together...

Except for the term badly, I would have said the same thing about the dark knight. I mean i was ready to walk out of the theater 3 different times thinking it was over!! :lol:

Love the Dark knight by the way and I own it on Blu ray ( i put that out there before I get Flamed !! :shifty:

:cool:

bassman
24-Jun-2009, 08:38 PM
Love the Dark knight by the way and I own it on Blu ray ( i put that out there before I get Flamed !! :shifty:

I was about to attack!:lol:

But seriously...what do you mean you thought it ended three times? I've never noticed that and never heard that complaint.

And speaking of TDK on Blu Ray - Isn't it beautiful? It's still the best looking BR I have. Best i've seen around too...

darth los
24-Jun-2009, 08:46 PM
I was about to attack!:lol:

But seriously...what do you mean you thought it ended three times? I've never noticed that and never heard that complaint.

And speaking of TDK on Blu Ray - Isn't it beautiful? It's still the best looking BR I have. Best i've seen around too...

well I wouldn't call it a complaint and it's been months since I've seen it, but when they caught the joker was one. and then when the wharehouse exploded and the chick died I thought it was almost over. 40 minutes later the real ending came.

It just felt to me like the had all these ideas for a kickass film and just decided to go with all of them. It was a little on the long side for my taste but definitely the best batman film.

Hey I paid 25 bucks for it so I must like it a little. No? :D

:cool:

bassman
24-Jun-2009, 08:50 PM
Unless I'm way off base, the Joker being caught is only like....a little of an hour into the film dude. There's no way that would be the ending. I see what you mean, though.

Most people expected Joker to be the main villian, but it's really Dent's story. So I knew it wasn't over until something was resolved with Dent. Hell....they should've called the film Harvey Dent.:p

clanglee
24-Jun-2009, 09:19 PM
The problem is that not everyone views millions of dollars of mindless computer-generated eye candy as "entertainment." Sure, perhaps when you're seven years old and much more easily amused, but what passes for "entertainment" today should be more correctly labeled as distraction.

But right here is your problem Dubs. You assume that if someone finds one of these mindless flashy movies entertaining, then they have the mentality of a seven year old. I think your argument is that, IN YOUR OPINION, these movies should be called distracting rather than entertaining. I of course do not need to tell you that everyone does not agree with this opinion. You can, I am sure, understand that people would get a bit upset when you call them childish or stupid for not agreeing with your opinion.

If you want to argue the semantics. . . .well that's a different situation altogether. Just remember that everyone here has different opinions on things. And it is not a personal front to all humanity if someone disagrees with your opinion.:)

Doc
24-Jun-2009, 09:23 PM
Most people expected Joker to be the main villian, but it's really Dent's story. So I knew it wasn't over until something was resolved with Dent. Hell....they should've called the film Harvey Dent.:p

Am the only one who though his story was rushed as, 2-face? I mean they could have had him become 2-face at the end and set it all up for a 3rd film...

deadkrank
24-Jun-2009, 09:59 PM
Just came back from seeing Transformers 2.Thought it was cool well up to the point before the power went out. Yeah was watching Transformers 2 in a very crowded movie theater and then every thing went black. Power went out half way threw the movie. Well anyways the power came back on and the movie resumed after 5 minutes.

Danny
24-Jun-2009, 10:11 PM
just got back, great except for two faults:

1. they reused models, the constructacons formed devastators, yet at the same time 3 of them were fighting in the ruins against the u.s troops, i understand it must have been expensive to make each one but reusing obvious ones like the green dump truck and such was just a cheap cop-out, hell we saw "megatron" die 3 times in that battle.

2. the fallen shows up, can manipulate time and space to teleport and move things by will then optimus just stabs him less than like 120 seconds after he joins the fight and destroys the sun eater machine with one shot.

WHAT.THE.FUCK.

now dont get me wrong i enjoyed it, and ive said before im as gay for the transformers as bassman is for ghostbusters and this was one notch of fun for the whole thing but the ending is so abrupt it leaves you kind of pissed off, sure Michael bay can do action sequences, but he cannot end a movie for shit, its like the films just turned off when the projectionist needs another doobie.

Can i recommend it?, absolutely, but if your a fan or not the abrupt ending will piss you off as a fan of movies in general for at least a few hours afterwards.

Rottedfreak
24-Jun-2009, 10:44 PM
just got back, great except for two faults:

1. they reused models, the constructacons formed devastators, yet at the same time 3 of them were fighting in the ruins against the u.s troops, i understand it must have been expensive to make each one but reusing obvious ones like the green dump truck and such was just a cheap cop-out, hell we saw "megatron" die 3 times in that battle.

2. the fallen shows up, can manipulate time and space to teleport and move things by will then optimus just stabs him less than like 120 seconds after he joins the fight and destroys the sun eater machine with one shot.

WHAT.THE.FUCK.

now dont get me wrong i enjoyed it, and ive said before im as gay for the transformers as bassman is for ghostbusters and this was one notch of fun for the whole thing but the ending is so abrupt it leaves you kind of pissed off, sure Michael bay can do action sequences, but he cannot end a movie for shit, its like the films just turned off when the projectionist needs another doobie.

Can i recommend it?, absolutely, but if your a fan or not the abrupt ending will piss you off as a fan of movies in general for at least a few hours afterwards.
The chopper bot was called Grindor, Bonecrusher was present at the final battle so it's safe to assume these are clones which is not uncommon in Transformers mythology.

The Fallen uses powers other TFs dont have but it may be a drain on his energon reserves.

bassman
25-Jun-2009, 12:31 AM
Am the only one who though his story was rushed as, 2-face? I mean they could have had him become 2-face at the end and set it all up for a 3rd film...

I hear this alot, but the story isn't about two face, it's about Harvey Dent. It's the rise and fall of Harvey Dent.

I imagine the abrupt ending to Transformers is set up with the intention of a third film. You know after the first film was a success they knew they were doing a trilogy then.