PDA

View Full Version : Dawn Of The Dead - Extended Cut Ultimate Soundtrack

See No Evil
21-Jun-2009, 08:09 PM
-----

DubiousComforts
22-Jun-2009, 05:29 PM
The reason I am posting this is so that other dawn fans will know of it's existence, to generate interest, and to see if there is a distributor out there willing to properly pay for & licence the music from De Wolfe & Goblin, and distribute it.

Anyway, feel free to post your interest or thoughts on this.
Well first of all, what you're proposing will not happen in a million years due to legal reasons far too lengthy to post here. Additionally, twice before there have been DVDs containing isolated DAWN scores released as fan projects and neither have done anything to help generate interest in a legit release of this music. More than likely, both had exactly the opposite effect.

Several people here know that I've been working to track down, restore and license the original library music used in NIGHT, DAWN and other Romero films. It's a long, involved process and everything will come in due time. The copyright owners/publishers would hit the ceiling if they read this thread and it's not helping to force their hand.

See No Evil
22-Jun-2009, 05:55 PM
-----

DubiousComforts
22-Jun-2009, 06:07 PM
Well there's a positive attitude if ever I heard one!

I put so much work in to something, why do I even bother any more when people are so negative?
You did ask for comments, and you were also made well aware from my previous PM that I have an ongoing relationship with the publishers of the library music used in Romero films. They don't care how much work has been put into anything--they only care about being paid when the music has been distributed, which is also only done under their terms. You may choose to see that as a negative, but that's life.

Yojimbo
22-Jun-2009, 07:03 PM
Well there's a positive attitude if ever I heard one!

I put so much work in to something, why do I even bother any more when people are so negative?

If you are not interested in getting honest feedback from our members, then what was the purpose of this thread?

DubiousComforts
22-Jun-2009, 09:16 PM
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to accomplish and you can better explain it. A web site detailing the source of the music used in DAWN is a great resource, but posting mp3s of the music without permission is only going to create problems with the copyright holders.

Also keep in mind before displaying artwork for a proposed CD project that anything being licensed as a DAWN product in North America goes through Richard Rubinstein. There's a very good reason why the Trunk Records compilation was released only in Europe

Yojimbo
22-Jun-2009, 09:18 PM
I am assuming this dude got upset over a bit of contructive criticism and then deleted all of his posts. I also note that he went to other threads and deleted his posts and the links contained therein. How thin skinned and immature can you be?

Reminds me of a spolied kid throwing a temper tantrum, then gathering his toys in a huff before leaving the sandbox.

Really. What the hell warranted this sort of pissy reaction?

capncnut
22-Jun-2009, 09:43 PM
As See No Evil has decided to be a little child and wiped the thread information, I'm now locking it.