PDA

View Full Version : Batman's 20th Anniversary

deadkrank
22-Jun-2009, 09:26 PM
Hey everyone it will be 20 years ago tomorrow that Tim Burton's Batman was released in theaters.June 23,1989. Yeah I remember going with a couple of my friends to see it on opening day. Cant believe its been 20 years. Where does the time go?!
Well any ways happy 20th Anniversary Batman!

"I want you to do me a favor.I want you to tell all you're friends about me!"
"What are you?!" "I'm Batman!"

Danny
22-Jun-2009, 09:36 PM
bale makes the best bruce wayne but keaton was the best batman, for one he didnt sound like a twelve year old doing a big boy voice.

-FLAME ON!:lol:

Cody
22-Jun-2009, 09:53 PM
Cany say I remember that since I was born in 88

bassman
22-Jun-2009, 10:05 PM
Still an enjoyable film, but it has many flaws. I'm growing less and less fond of it as it ages. And as Chris Nolan's series wipes the floor with Burton.:p

More important than Burton's okay first film and his cringe worthy second film is that this is the 70th year the caped crusader has been around....

Doc
23-Jun-2009, 02:39 AM
Wait, is Batman '89 the one with Jack Nicholson? If isn't then I've never seen it.

bassman
23-Jun-2009, 11:03 AM
Yeah, it's the one with Jack Nicholson in make up dancing around to the music of Prince.:|

SymphonicX
23-Jun-2009, 07:25 PM
saw it on pirate video when I was a kid, have seen it multiple times since then and can honestly say I've never truly enjoyed ANY batman movie. All of them are missing something and none more so than the Tim "I'm a cunt" Burton movies...

bassman
23-Jun-2009, 07:41 PM
saw it on pirate video when I was a kid, have seen it multiple times since then and can honestly say I've never truly enjoyed ANY batman movie. All of them are missing something and none more so than the Tim "I'm a cunt" Burton movies...

I've enjoyed Burton's earlier films, but he's gone way down hill since then. Have you seen the pictures from his Alice in Wonderland flick? As Neil would say...."Oh dear".:stunned:

MinionZombie
23-Jun-2009, 08:59 PM
I recently, well, several months ago, got Batman 1989 on DVD and it's nowhere near as good as I remember it - it's positively sedate by modern standards of action. It's good fun and all, but it's not worn especially well.

Now - Batman Returns - goddamn that's a shit sandwich these days. Absolutely crap, I remember it being good, but geeeeeeez, it seriously isn't.

deadkrank
24-Jun-2009, 01:42 PM
I still think Batman 89 is a fun movie. Never gets old for me. Truly my favorite movie from the year 1989.

bassman
24-Jun-2009, 01:49 PM
I still think Batman 89 is a fun movie. Never gets old for me. Truly my favorite movie from the year 1989.

As much as I love the character of Batman, Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade is a better film than Burton's Batman, imo. So the 89 award goes to Indy. Then Ghostbusters 2.:p

I have to take back what I said about Burton going downhill since the early 90's. I forgot about Big Fish. That movie was really good. Other than that, he hasn't done much worth talking about. And he'll never top Beetlejuice, imo.

AcesandEights
24-Jun-2009, 02:09 PM
As much as I love the character of Batman, Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade is a better film than Burton's Batman, imo. So the 89 award goes to Indy.

The man speaks with wisdom.

deadkrank
24-Jun-2009, 10:13 PM
Lets not forget that Tim Burtan also directed Pee Wee's Big Adventure. And I thought Nightmare Before Christmas was pretty good. And I loved Sweeny Todd. But as for his remake to Planet of The Apes no thanks.
Yeah forgot that Indiana Jones 3 came out in 89.Another great movie from that year. Yeah I remember going to see Ghostbusters 2 with one of my friends.
Yeah Honey I Shrunk The Kids also came out in the summer of 89.Another great movie. That came out the same day as Batman. I'm surpised that Disney did not do a 20th Anniversary edition for Honey I Shrunk The Kids on DVD and Blu-Ray? The DVD thats been out on DVD now for a while is a joke.Pan & Scan and no special features-Think you Disney.
The Abyss also came out the summer of 89.Another good movie.
And at the end of 89 we got Back To The Future part 2. Yeah 1989 was a pretty good movie year.

Danny
24-Jun-2009, 10:22 PM
Lets not forget that Tim Burtan also directed Pee Wee's Big Adventure. And I thought Nightmare Before Christmas was pretty good.

tim burton did not direct the nightmare before christmas, it bugs me that the director, Henry selick, gets absolutely no credit for one of the best children's films in years. Instead emo kids worldwide gush about the fact tim burton directed it apparently. all he did was draw jack skeleton and the voodoo doll girl on some paper when he was at disney but he gets all the credit and it really bugs me. The only time ive heard him get credit in the media is when they needed to pimp his last film, corraline, as "from the director of the nightmare before christmas", and then most people whent "ooh, so its a tim burton movie?"

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x260/BMTrucking/1241822045043.jpg

not flameing the O.P here but this bugs me that a guy makes a great film and gets no credit.:mad:

-also, anyone read issue 1 of batman and robin?, i was a little unsure about dick grayson taking bruce's cowl and damian taking on the role of robin but its actually looking like a better handing on of the torch than bucky replacing steve rogers.

deadkrank
24-Jun-2009, 11:19 PM
Sorry my bad. Been a long time since I watched A Nightmare Before Christmas. Yeah been many years since I last watched it.Yeah I thought it was a good movie but I have only scene it a couple of times.

bassman
25-Jun-2009, 12:49 AM
I know what you mean, Hells. That's always got on my nerves, too. It makes sense that everyone thinks that because his name was prominent on the posters.

Same thing with Quentin Tarantino. The poster for Hostel was Tarantino's name in super large print and Eli Roth's name could only be seen with a magnifying glass. I once had a buddy argue with me that Tarantino directed Hell Ride. I told him he was only a producer(that's why it says Tarantino PRESENTS!) but he wasn't having it. He tried his best to convince me that Tarantino directed it.:rolleyes:

deadkrank
25-Jun-2009, 01:58 AM
Also I seem to remember reading some where Tobe Hooper was annoyed because people thought Steven Spielberg did Poltergeist when in fact it was Tobe Hooper's film?