PDA

View Full Version : A dream come true, walking in a mall at 5am, no one there!

Cody
24-Jun-2009, 04:01 AM
I work at American Eagle as a sales associate. Sometimes we have to come in to do a floor set, its where you work 12am to 9am bring out the new seasons clothes. Sorry guys if Im ramblin :p.

Anyways when I go to lunch at 4am I like walking around eating my sub and going nuts over how cool this is. Way back at xmas I had my lunch on Santas chair :lol: In the last video when I get infront of best buy you can hear creepy music from a game or something.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/07gQSzGANlQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/07gQSzGANlQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Lvy4K_JXd4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Lvy4K_JXd4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

axlish
24-Jun-2009, 10:53 AM
I've always wanted to skateboard or rollerblade around one of those places and just go apeshit!

bassman
24-Jun-2009, 02:15 PM
Looks like a mall would have a creepy vibe when it's empty.:stunned:

I'm not a big fan of malls because of the morons that often inhabit them, but there's something special about whistling "The Gonk" when shopping...

darth los
24-Jun-2009, 03:51 PM
If you didn't slide down the handrails of an escalator you only cheated yourself. ;)

:cool:

Danny
24-Jun-2009, 03:53 PM
i whent to the midnight launch of wrath of the lich king back in november and whent off exploring the mall afterwards, 1 in the morning and it was pitch black, very quiet and very very creepy, i recommend a midnight walk through a mall for anyone whos seen dawn of the dead.:D

kortick
24-Jun-2009, 03:58 PM
Years ago I worked for a Target as a
'flow team' member, which was basically
a 3rd shift 10pm-6am stocking and whatever
else they wanted.
This Target was an anchor store to a mall
so when our shift ended at 6, ususally u ended up staying until
6:30 cuz they opened at 7am and the night crew had to
be done and off the floor before the Tar-jay customers
came in.

Well other stores opened between 7am and 10 am.
So mall doors opened early, even if all stores
were not open.

When they opened the doors every morning it was
like a scene from DAWN as all the dreaded "mall walkers'
would come in.
http://i44.tinypic.com/2el80vt.jpg

And they would stand at the doors and even bang on
them to be let in. Then they would come in and wander
around like zombies. There were a few ppl i worked with
who had seen Dawn and we'd say stuff like "when theres
no more room in Hell the dead will walk the mall' and such.

Mall Walkers....they creep me out.

bassman
24-Jun-2009, 03:59 PM
i recommend a midnight walk through a mall for anyone whos seen dawn of the dead.:D

Did you take your meds this morning, Hells? I think it's safe to assume that everyone here have seen Dawn.:p

Danny
24-Jun-2009, 04:10 PM
Did you take your meds this morning, Hells? I think it's safe to assume that everyone here have seen Dawn.:p

i dont just mean people on here, when i say everyone, i mean EVERYONE, dont want to?, too bad, you get chloroformed and wake up alone in monroeville mall at 1am.
creepy?, you bet your ass it is.

darth los
24-Jun-2009, 04:11 PM

Isn't that a pre-requisite to joining this place?

But yeah, who amongst us hasn't had the mall all to ourselves fantasy. (Second only to my Jessica Alba All to myself fantasy, of course. :D )

bassman
24-Jun-2009, 04:17 PM
I would like to drive a car through the mall. And it would look like someone going crazy on Grand Theft Auto. Bodies flying everywhere.:D

darth los
24-Jun-2009, 04:45 PM
I would like to drive a car through the mall. And it would look like someone going crazy on Grand Theft Auto. Bodies flying everywhere.:D

I don't know about bodies but perhaps manequins will give you a similar thrill whithout the added burden of prison time. Just a thought. :D

bassman
24-Jun-2009, 05:07 PM
I don't know about bodies but perhaps manequins will give you a similar thrill whithout the added burden of prison time. Just a thought. :D

:lol:

I actually meant I would hit them if they were zombies. But your way works too. Dead or alive....look out for the compact car zooming through the mall...

Trin
24-Jun-2009, 05:24 PM
Where I live there's a mall that is all but deserted. You don't need to wait until 1 AM. You can get that creepy Dawn feeling at 7 PM on a Friday night. :(

And, yes, I always have the Gonk playing in my head as I go there. No, I have never slid down the escalator. And I have cheated myself.

darth los
24-Jun-2009, 06:25 PM
:lol:

I actually meant I would hit them if they were zombies. But your way works too. Dead or alive....look out for the compact car zooming through the mall...

As the saying goes, post a link or it didn't happen !! :p :lol:

Where I live there's a mall that is all but deserted. You don't need to wait until 1 AM. You can get that creepy Dawn feeling at 7 PM on a Friday night. :(

And, yes, I always have the Gonk playing in my head as I go there. No, I have never slid down the escalator. And I have cheated myself.

Don't feel bad, as many of us have not indulged in that guilty pleasure either. But it's definitely on my bucket list.

MoonSylver
24-Jun-2009, 10:16 PM
And they would stand at the doors and even bang on
them to be let in. Then they would come in and wander
around like zombies.

Yeah, I used to get that in retail too. Hours clearly posted on the door, yet 1/2 a dozen would show up an hour or so early, wander across the parking lot, bang on the doors & peer in the windows. It was eerily zombie like. By opening time you could sometimes get a crowd of 20+, shuffling aimlessly about. & when those doors opened...another eerie zombie moment as they came flooding in.....:eek:

Danny
24-Jun-2009, 10:32 PM

got it on my iphone, if im in a mall and that comes on when its on shuffle, which is always, then i allways start a little and look around to see where its coming from.:lol:

darth los
25-Jun-2009, 06:20 PM
Yeah, I used to get that in retail too. Hours clearly posted on the door, yet 1/2 a dozen would show up an hour or so early, wander across the parking lot, bang on the doors & peer in the windows. It was eerily zombie like. By opening time you could sometimes get a crowd of 20+, shuffling aimlessly about. & when those doors opened...another eerie zombie moment as they came flooding in.....:eek:

Which is the genius of DOTD. Anyone who can't appreciate that is either in denial or isn't paying attention.

DawnFan inCincy
02-Jul-2009, 11:08 PM
I was doing a job moving a safe one time (and by job, I actually mean job...not a heist) which had us in a mall jewelry store before shopping hours. They had the mall walkers and instant thought was Dawn of the Dead. Had a couple guys laughing at the comparison.

I was at the Monroeville Mall for the Dawn screening (I left the YouTubes on here a while back) and the screening was afterhours so the mall was obviously closed. You could wander a little ways down one of the corridors...that was pretty awesome.

MissJacksonCA
12-Jul-2009, 11:52 PM
If you didn't slide down the handrails of an escalator you only cheated yourself. ;)

Funny... very funny... I have a single story mall here so there's no chance of that... so glad i'm moving :D But I have been i the mall at 3am and the mall cops are usually there so there's no real chance of fun... not when Paul Blart is your mall cop and he's always trying to write citations for the most stupid of things...