PDA

View Full Version : The Verdict: Fallout 3's Point Lookout

darth los
25-Jun-2009, 04:31 PM
http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/696853/The-Verdict-Fallout-3s-Point-Lookout.html

I only wish that Oblivion got this sort of v.i.p. treatment. What's up with that?

They seem to be releasing these every other month or so.

:cool:

ProfessorChaos
25-Jun-2009, 11:04 PM
i've got operation: anchorage, the pitt, and broken steel, but i'm about burnt-out on fallout lately, so i many hold off on this one....looks pretty spooky, though. they say it's got a survival-horror feel to it, so that's cool.

if anyone hasn't got fallout 3 yet, they'd be foolish to not wait for the game of the year edition, which will have all 5 dlc packs included.

slickwilly13
26-Jun-2009, 05:00 AM
I finished Point Lookout earlier. I really enjoyed this add-on. It has a very creepy vide. I will not spoil the main story, but it was pretty good. Lots of twists and turns. Btw, Desmond rules!!!

Cody
26-Jun-2009, 07:23 AM
fallout 3 is pure awesomeness

AcesandEights
26-Jun-2009, 02:23 PM
Will be looking into some 360 DLC for FO3 ASAP, if'n you know what I mean.

darth los
26-Jun-2009, 03:20 PM
I plan to get some points at gamestop after work and start downloading dlc for fallout 3. There are many to choose from. In what order do you guys recomend I get them? I heard Broken Steel was the way to go.....

slickwilly13
26-Jun-2009, 04:29 PM
Get Broken Steel for the level 30 cap and new enemies. If you want access to a vault full of bad ass shit. Then Anchorage. Which includes a power armour perk & a suit that never needs repairing, weapons: Gauss rifle *plasma sniper rifle*; best sword in the game; a stock load of other every weapon up to that point in the game & ammo, and the stealth suit.

All the DLCs are pretty good so far. Can't wait for Mothership Zeta next month. Broken Steel gives you the best and most perks. I would get it first.

darth los
26-Jun-2009, 04:44 PM
Get Broken Steel for the level 30 cap and new enemies. If you want access to a vault full of bad ass shit. Then Anchorage. Which includes a power armour perk & a suit that never needs repairing, weapons: Gauss rifle *plasma sniper rifle*; best sword in the game; a stock load of other every weapon up to that point in the game & ammo, and the stealth suit.

All the DLCs are pretty good so far. Can't wait for Mothership Zeta next month. Broken Steel gives you the best and most perks. I would get it first.

Will do. Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:

Yojimbo
27-Jun-2009, 10:51 PM
Just dove into Point Lookout, and while I haven't done much, I am quite impressed. The enemies are stronger and more violent and tougher to take out and the map is huge compared to the earlier DLC's.

Fallout3 has become one of my favorite pastimes. There is nothing better than unwinding from a long at work than fighting for existence in the wastelands and pulverizing your enemies in a firefight.

ProfessorChaos
28-Jun-2009, 12:08 AM
well, i went ahead and purchased ANOTHER FUCKING DLC from bethesda, and though i'm sure it won't disappoint, i now realize that with a 60 dollar price tag and 3 dlc packs, fallout 3 is about a 90 dollar game in my collection...howzaobut giving us one on the house, bethesda? damn....

anyway, i haven't gotten around to making it to the docks yet to investigate the boat, but based upon what i've read, this one is sure to be worth the $$$. after i get back from the gym this evening and get properly blazed, i will head into the swamp and check it out.

Danny
28-Jun-2009, 02:14 AM
well, i went ahead and purchased ANOTHER FUCKING DLC from bethesda, and though i'm sure it won't disappoint, i now realize that with a 60 dollar price tag and 3 dlc packs, fallout 3 is about a 90 dollar game in my collection...howzaobut giving us one on the house, bethesda? damn....

the people who make these make them for a living and your not forced to purchase them, there added content, not mandatory content. it really bugs me that nearly everybody online bitches about the total cost of a retail game and dlc thats released later. It doesn't effect the retail version in any way the people who made the game you love made more of it, and they have the audacity to want to be able to pay the bills for making the stuff, shocking!:rolleyes:

Thats not to say its always worth it, i paid nearly ten quid for a mass effect dlc that was a grand total of 20 minutes long, but this fallout dlc is giving me at least 10 hours of extra play each, thats like an above average arcade game on its own and thats well worth the price.

Sure you can whine about it, but its not forced down your throats, and if you never knew it existed the original game is always the same so whats the big deal with "adding it all up?", sure you can say it wasnt like that in the good old days, but in the good old days there was no downloadable content for consoles, a game was made and that was it, you get a sequel or nothing, now you can get more of you favorite games and thats most definitely a good thing.

ProfessorChaos
28-Jun-2009, 06:33 PM
i know that the complaining about an excess of optional dlc is kind of a moot argument, and understand that it does come off as bitching, but i wasn't really all that serious in my complaining, cuz truth be told, fallout 3 is probably one of the best games i've ever played. so i'm happy about the cool extra shit they're throwing our way, but damn, they're pretty relentless about it.

Danny
28-Jun-2009, 06:39 PM
i know that the complaining about an excess of optional dlc is kind of a moot argument, and understand that it does come off as bitching, but i wasn't really all that serious in my complaining, cuz truth be told, fallout 3 is probably one of the best games i've ever played. so i'm happy about the cool extra shit they're throwing our way, but damn, they're pretty relentless about it.

would you rather they took the valve route for episodic content?

ProfessorChaos
28-Jun-2009, 06:49 PM
what would that be? i'm not that familiar with valve, aside from playing counter strike on the pc during free time in iraq and the joke of a game that was left 4 dead......you mean like just releasing another sequel within a year?

Danny
28-Jun-2009, 07:04 PM
what would that be? i'm not that familiar with valve, aside from playing counter strike on the pc during free time in iraq and the joke of a game that was left 4 dead......you mean like just releasing another sequel within a year?

if your not familiar with half life 2 and its episodes your missing out on the greatest fps game there is.

-even though the 3 part of the "episodic" expansions is years in the making.

ProfessorChaos
28-Jun-2009, 08:25 PM
is that the orange box game? i've never really looked into that....between halo3 and the call of duty games, i get more than enough fps action. 5 games on one disc sounds kinda tempting, though.

plus i'm still trying to finish broken steel and point lookout before i get around to diving into oblivion, which i've barely even started. i made it out of the imperial sewers, looked around, and was like holy shit....i'd better finish fallout before i take another step.

Danny
28-Jun-2009, 09:39 PM
dude, halo 3 is shite, cod is generic, half life is like no other fps out there adn its so good i cannot recommend it enough.

UKA7JkV51Jw

the trailer does it no justice.

capncnut
29-Jun-2009, 05:52 PM
if your not familiar with half life 2 and its episodes your missing out on the greatest fps game there is.
Yeah, man. The Orange Box is one big fourty hour boner.

Danny
29-Jun-2009, 07:17 PM
got this today, finished it in one 5 hour sitting. its smaller than the rest but it packs so much more into it that its well worth the 8 quid to play it. The ambience of the game is like silent hill crossed with oblivion, walking the foggy pier, seeing shambling hillfolk mutants wandering about, random rabid dogs running at you out of the mist.
Its not as good as i expected but i really really enjoyed it.