View Full Version : Michael Jackson's Video Game Legacy

darth los
26-Jun-2009, 04:52 PM
http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/696892/Michael-Jacksons-Video-Game-Legacy.html

:cool:

capncnut
26-Jun-2009, 05:02 PM
I got Moonwalker on the Megadrive/Genesis. Thinking of whipping it out and having a play.

Oooer. :D

darth los
26-Jun-2009, 05:21 PM
I got Moonwalker on the Megadrive/Genesis. Thinking of whipping it out and having a play.

Oooer. :D

I didn't realize how much he has contributed to not just pop culture but to culture in general. He truly is an Icon. That's what makes it so unbelievable that he's gone. He's like a cartoon character or a caricature. It's like he's not even a real person yet he's always been around.

I'm having trouble articulating it but we didn't really appreciate him when he was with us. We just saw him as a freak. I think in death he'll get his due.

capncnut
26-Jun-2009, 05:34 PM
I'm having trouble articulating it but we didn't really appreciate him when he was with us. We just saw him as a freak. I think in death he'll get his due.
Lemme say this: I may have cracked a few jokes about Jacko (and I may well do in the future given the top jokes circulating right now) but it's only a laugh. I f**king miss this guy already and I do NOT believe for one second he molested a child or was a freak in any way. Given what that poor bastard went through as a child, is it any wonder how things turned out?

Children are a product of their parents. And Joseph Jackson was a piece of shit, end of.

As for the games, I completely forgot he was in Space Channel 5 (another good reason to dust off yer old SEGA consoles) and now I realise why he is mourned so much on various SEGA forums.

darth los
26-Jun-2009, 05:55 PM
(another good reason to dust off yer old SEGA consoles)

Like you needed one !! :p

Andy
26-Jun-2009, 06:10 PM
http://screwattack.com/AVGN/2009/Moonwalker

:D

AcesandEights
26-Jun-2009, 06:58 PM
I do NOT believe for one second he molested a child or was a freak in any way.

So he's not a nonce in your book, then, Capn?

(Did I use that correctly? Nonce?)

capncnut
27-Jun-2009, 03:16 AM
So he's not a nonce in your book, then, Capn?

(Did I use that correctly? Nonce?)
Yep, perfectly. Otherwise you could say Uncle Fester (child molester). :D

Danny
27-Jun-2009, 01:40 PM
guarantee moonwalker will be on xbla sometime soon.

ProfessorChaos
27-Jun-2009, 04:47 PM
the inclusion of "billie jean" on the GTA:vice city game was fucking brilliant. such a great song from the 80's.

everytime i think of that game, i recall tearing down the highway in a zippy sports car with a trail of angry cops on my ass, the rain pouring down, neon lights and palms trees flying by, and michael jackson's "billie jean" (particularly that funky opening) blaring from the radio.

vice city is probably one of my favorite games of all time, and i'll always associate that song with the game. never played any of the games he appeared in, though.

EDIT: just had to throw this in there:
15KmICkraAU