PDA

View Full Version : Now Karl Malden's dead

capncnut
02-Jul-2009, 03:50 AM
David Carradine...
Farrah Fawcett...
Michael Jackson...

...and now Karl Malden. To be fair though, at ninety-seven he had good innings. I'm sure all the television stations will start showing repeats of The Streets Of San Francisco soon, which is good because I used to love that show as a kid.

RIP bignose. :(

Yojimbo
02-Jul-2009, 03:57 PM
I heard about this on the news this morning. Not all that familiar with his work apart from Streets of San Francisco, but his face so immediately recognizable to me that I would have been able to identify him in a crowd on the street.

Sad, all the same, to hear of his passing even though I know very little about this man.

97 is a nice age to reach, IMO. I hope that I can make it that far, but 97 is way above average for most men. Doesn't make his death any less sad for fans and family, but at least he led a long and - from what I hear- a very full life.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Karl Malden.:(

capncnut
02-Jul-2009, 04:00 PM
I hope that I can make it that far, but 97 is way above average for most men.
Nothing like a fresh cup o' Yojimbo to make you feel good in the morning. :lol:

But yeah, ninety-seven is serious innings, it's refreshing to hear of someone die at a sensible age for a change.

bassman
02-Jul-2009, 04:07 PM
I think the only work I've seen of his is Patton. Regardless....RIP.

When I first saw the title of this thread(missing the "L"), I thought that Maden football video game guy had kicked the bucket...

capncnut
02-Jul-2009, 04:08 PM
Corrected.

wayzim
04-Jul-2009, 01:10 AM
David Carradine...
Farrah Fawcett...
Michael Jackson...

...and now Karl Malden. To be fair though, at ninety-seven he had good innings. I'm sure all the television stations will start showing repeats of The Streets Of San Francisco soon, which is good because I used to love that show as a kid.

RIP bignose. :(

And cable's been showing that awful disaster pic; Meteor (79), with Sean Connery, Natalie Wood and Brian Keith. Karl played a Washington wonk who gets Connery's disgruntled scientist to help in turning a nuclear space platform. It had been targeting Soviets, not space rocks like it was meant to.

Karl Malden was also in that great all star western epic; How The West Was Won. (62) as well as two Marlon Brando flicks, A Street Car Named Desire (51) and On The WaterFront (54)
He played the manager boyfriend in Gypsy (62) with Natalie Wood and Rosalind Russell,
We remember Michael Douglas as his partner in Streets, but did anybody watch it later when Richard Hatch (Battlestar Galactica )stepped in?

Wayne Z

capncnut
04-Jul-2009, 01:29 AM
And cable's been showing that awful disaster pic; Meteor (79), with Sean Connery, Natalie Wood and Brian Keith.
I saw that at the cinema when I was very young, I think I was the only person awake. :D

We remember Michael Douglas as his partner in Streets, but did anybody watch it later when Richard Hatch (Battlestar Galactica )stepped in?
I had no idea Richard Hatch replaced Michael Douglas. I bet that went down well... not!