PDA

View Full Version : Dazed & Confused 2 hour workprint

capncnut
03-Jul-2009, 03:25 PM
Watched this last night and wow, just like the Apocalypse Now workprint, it is much better than the original. It offers an entire new perspective on the film and clears up a lot of things that weren't explained in the original. Almost every scene has some kind of expansion in dialogue and there's a few scenes that are utter gems.

Here's the opening scene of the kids stealing the statues, which they would later apply Kiss makeup to:

UG9PsbLUdXY&feature=related

If you haven't seen it yet, do so. And if you have, thoughts?

ProfessorChaos
03-Jul-2009, 03:47 PM
never even heard of a dazed and confused workprint. thanks for the heads-up, i'm gonna have to look into this one.:cool:

"martha washington was a hip, hip lady, man."

capncnut
03-Jul-2009, 05:08 PM
"Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some f**kin' muscle."

Here's a quote from the workprint to get you juiced up. This is when they are all sitting in the back of the truck and O'Bannion tells them about Carl Brunette's mom pulling a shotgun on him:

Fred O' Bannion: "Carl Brunette that's him, and that f**kin' 'Bitch' Kramer. Gargh, I'm gonna kill those f**kin' kids."

Benny O'Donnell: "Kramer?"

Melvin Spivey: "Aw, don't worry about it, we got the Kramer category taken care of, my friend."

Benny O'Donnell: "Seven o' clock, baseball game..."

Fred O' Bannion (smiling): "Oooh, I'm gonna f**kin' kill that kid I'm serious. And he pokes his head out and starts smiling at me after I got 'em. He looked out behind his old lady like this..." (Pulls face)

Ron Slater (pops up from the side of the truck): "Blahhh!"

Fred O'Bannion: "Gimme drugs, man!!!"

Randall 'Pink' Floyd (to Slater): "Whassup?"

Ron Slater: "Hey man, I came to get you... Prickford's, man."

Kinda gives you an idea of the scene extension thing. :cool:

CoinReturn
03-Jul-2009, 05:25 PM
Very cool, I'll keep my eyes peeled for a copy. Thanks for the heads up!

zombie04
03-Jul-2009, 06:27 PM
I like the movie, now I have something to look for. Thanks capn!