PDA

View Full Version : Ong Bak 2 trailer... OMG!

capncnut
04-Jul-2009, 10:21 PM
Tony Jaa, easily the best martial artist on the planet right now (arguably the best ever) stars in the long awaited sequel to Ong Bak: Muay Thai Warrior, imaginatively titled Ong Bak 2 :rolleyes:. It was released theatrically in Thailand late last year and is gearing up to hit Western territories on DVD this summer.

Here's the trailer (mucho violence btw):

DLEneaH_XpY

No one can touch this guy! Jackie Chan and Jet Li must dream about this kid and wake up in cold sweats. I'm bustin' my balls to see this and there's rumours of an Ong Bak 3 for 2010, which will be a sequel to Ong Bak 2 and a prequel to Ong Bak: Muay Thai Warrior. Joy, mate! :)

zombie04
05-Jul-2009, 03:58 AM
Lookin' good! Can't wait, the first one was a breath of fresh air in a market dominated by Hollywood crap. Once again, can't wait!

EvilNed
05-Jul-2009, 11:23 AM
The first film left me wholly unimpressed. So... Meh. He might be a better martial artist than Jet Li or Jackie Chan (they're all acrobats anyway, not really "fighters"), but that doesn't guarantee good films.

krakenslayer
05-Jul-2009, 12:29 PM
Tony Jaa films are like Dragonforce - technically very, very impressive, but really a bit samey and boring after a while.

Danny
05-Jul-2009, 01:42 PM
didnt care for there but the genres kind of died off lately so its good to see more martial arts films out there,this looks pretty good.

capncnut
05-Jul-2009, 02:58 PM
The first film left me wholly unimpressed. So... Meh. He might be a better martial artist than Jet Li or Jackie Chan (they're all acrobats anyway, not really "fighters"), but that doesn't guarantee good films.
Well, I thought his first two films were excellent personally.

DjfunkmasterG
05-Jul-2009, 04:39 PM
I don't care what anyone thinks if the movies are mediocre, the action/fighting is top notch

EvilNed
06-Jul-2009, 09:31 AM
Meh. It hasn't left a lasting impression on me, so I'd have to say I disagree on even that one. I remember him jumping through some barbed-wire. That was the only original thing in that film.

I have to say that Danny the Dog is still the best martial arts "kick ass" film I've seen.

krakenslayer
06-Jul-2009, 11:40 AM
I have to say that Danny the Dog is still the best martial arts "kick ass" film I've seen.

Hey, I'm in that movie! You can see me for about three frames running through the rain behind some gangster who's squaring off to Jet Li in front of a convenience store. There was also a close up shot of me as I walk past the camera in a crowded restaurant where Bob 'Oskins is having dinner with his cronies, but it didn't make the final film, although it might be in the deleted scenes.

EvilNed
06-Jul-2009, 11:50 AM
Wha, high five. That's really cool. :) Hehe, I'm gonna have to look out for you now.

DjfunkmasterG
06-Jul-2009, 12:28 PM
Danny the Dog... aka UNLEASHED in the USA, is a really great flick. Those pit fights were outstanding. I love Martial Art flicks with a lot of fast paced action and non stop fighting.