PDA

View Full Version : trailer for NBC's "day one"

Mike70
08-Jul-2009, 05:50 PM
day one is post-apoc series that will start airing after the winter olympics. it is a scifi show and i'm not quite sure what to make of this trailer.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/we-have-your-first-look-a.php#more

ProfessorChaos
09-Jul-2009, 12:34 AM
to be honest, all i saw was a bunch of shit CGI, people with lots of make-up and hair product (the 90210 effect), and a bunch of shots that were ripped straight from a bunch of semi-shitty films....and a plot that will probably be similar to that of that shit show "lost"...

not that i watch too much tv anyway, but no-fucking-thanks....:barf:

EvilNed
09-Jul-2009, 12:49 AM
Okay... First impressions:

I've read The Road. I've seen Threads by BBC. I've watched Romero's zombiefilms all my life. I love the post-apocalyptic stuff.

But one thing that these mainstream television shows don't seem to realize is that it's ten times more interesting watching a show about how it would ACTUALLY be and focus on the SURVIVAL, than it is to watch a show about youngsters who are going to "save the world". Geez, this show looks lame.

How are you gonna save the world when the food suddenly stops arriving at you Wal-Marts? How are you gonna save the world when no Gas comes in to help you in anyway at all? Are you gonna scavenge for tin cans? Just like every other citizen of that city? Don't you think there'll be fights? Don't you think people would actually start killing each other over food as it started to run out?

Now that's what a good show would be about. Not just ignoring those problems and "saving the world".

Skippy911sc
09-Jul-2009, 01:47 PM

I've read The Road. I've seen Threads by BBC. I've watched Romero's zombiefilms all my life. I love the post-apocalyptic stuff.

But one thing that these mainstream television shows don't seem to realize is that it's ten times more interesting watching a show about how it would ACTUALLY be and focus on the SURVIVAL, than it is to watch a show about youngsters who are going to "save the world". Geez, this show looks lame.

How are you gonna save the world when the food suddenly stops arriving at you Wal-Marts? How are you gonna save the world when no Gas comes in to help you in anyway at all? Are you gonna scavenge for tin cans? Just like every other citizen of that city? Don't you think there'll be fights? Don't you think people would actually start killing each other over food as it started to run out?

Now that's what a good show would be about. Not just ignoring those problems and "saving the world".

Could not agree more...and I know this is taking place in LA but why the hell does everyone look perfect? How about tooth health or eye health??? what if you get a cavity...your screwed

Craig
09-Jul-2009, 03:32 PM
I had to laugh when the guy said; 'this whole world is dead, it just doesn't know it yet' :lol:

It does look pretty bland in my opinion, I think Ned hit the nail right on the head.

darth los
09-Jul-2009, 03:44 PM
what if you get a cavity...your screwed

Dude that would be the worst. Ever since I saw the movie castaway that's like one of my phobias: To be virtually alone and to have the toothache of the century. :dead:

Atleast he had wilson to comfort him.

:cool:

Wooley
11-Jul-2009, 06:15 AM
Based on the trailer, I'm pretty 'meh'. I really have never cared for the whole 'bad things happen and people work to save the world' plot. Mostly because you know, in the end, they'll succeed. That plus the whole 'bad things' is usually lame to start with. Looks like some kind of alien invasion, and I'm supposed to believe a bunch of LA apartment dwellers has some kind of ability or knowledge that NASA, CIA and the DoD lack?

I'll give it a shot when it starts, but right now, I'm not clearing my nights to watch this.

I'm with Ned on this one-I loved parts of Jericho,the Road, and think that type of subject matter makes for much better viewing than what the trailer makes me think this show is going to be about.

A series based on A.T Hagan's "We Interrupt This Program" would be a must see show for me.

Danny
11-Jul-2009, 02:12 PM

i think thats why theres always a cop-out character like john locke in lost who has the survival skills whilst the others are there for teh drammas! and to look good.