PDA

View Full Version : how do you track people down?

Tied2thetracks
15-Jul-2009, 12:53 AM
I have a friend who never knew his father, by the time he tracked him down he was dead. He wants to meets his brothers and sisters and was trying to track down his step mom. Courts gave up an old address but thats all he could find. Is there a reecords search to find out if this person is dead or alive? Florinda Perez Castro. I really want to help him out.

Yes, I have hispanic friends.

JDFP
15-Jul-2009, 01:22 AM
There's a program called Accurint that can help you find just about anyone, it will not be inexpensive for using the program, but if you have a solid address it's a step in the right direction. If your friend can get some property records (if it is a house where property tax was paid) through the county that will also help a great deal -- these records are usually public.

Accurint is used by most businesses for skip-tracing on clients/borrowers/customers; it generally works very well. If you know any buddies working in businesses where they do debt collections, chances are they use Accurint and might be able to pull a search for you.

-- j.

AcesandEights
15-Jul-2009, 01:57 PM
Yes, I have hispanic friends.

Cue dramatic sound effect...

*Dun, dun, dun* :D

But seriously, why would someone waste time tracking anyone down they haven't already cornered in the basement or boiler room of an abandoned building?

It's just too difficult.

Okay, now on a more serious note (honest this time), I seem to recall their being some nifty databases related to social security or health care maybe, but that was a while ago and not sure if they still exist as open to the public. A lot of it will have to do with using what little he may know about his parents. I'm confident some board denizens will come forward with some good ideas on this.

Things like death notices are usually all too easy to find online now a days, so if the parent might be dead and they have a city or region to start their search on, that would be one way to start off.

Skippy911sc
15-Jul-2009, 03:37 PM
You can try using the Social Security Death Index...it will tell if they are dead...

http://ssdi.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/ssdi.cgi

Good Luck...Also, I think you might know this, but...Google is your friend.

Chic Freak
16-Jul-2009, 05:31 PM
Sounds weird, but apparently the Mormons have extensive records and they're good people to go to if you're looking up your family tree.

krakenslayer
16-Jul-2009, 05:48 PM
Sounds weird, but apparently the Mormons have extensive records and they're good people to go to if you're looking up your family tree.

"It used to be all 'get off my doorstep, fuckers', but now look who comes crawling to our door... fucker!" :lol:

Chic Freak
17-Jul-2009, 09:38 AM
"It used to be all 'get off my doorstep, fuckers', but now look who comes crawling to our door... fucker!" :lol:

Lol! It was a Jehovah's Witness who gave me this useful bit of info... seriously!