View Full Version : looking back on resident evil 2

Danny
17-Jul-2009, 02:04 AM
No i regularly show resident evils live action opening to anyone who will listen just because its funny as shit and a prime example of what happens when someone who thinks there a filmmaker gets the equipment.
But its been a whils since i watched 2's opening and its a massive step up rom the first and its way more cinematic and less b movie, i mean, technology aside, i swear i remember it being worse than this, but im working on a fun little project whilst im setting up my website that involved me starting 2 again and you gotta admit, if that was a live action opening to a zombie move that'd be pretty rad.

-5Wy9leUOwc

EvilNed
17-Jul-2009, 09:36 AM
Man, Leon isn't a very good police officer. He shot a dying lady, lying on the ground.

capncnut
17-Jul-2009, 04:52 PM
But its been a while since i watched 2's opening and its a massive step up rom the first and its way more cinematic and less b movie, i mean, technology aside, i swear i remember it being worse than this
I remember when I restarted Resident Evil 2 some months ago, I was getting ready to be majorly unimpressed with the cutscenes and just enjoy it for nostalgia, you know? Actually I found myself becoming engrossed in it all over again and, like you said to some degree, I was quite happy that it still holds up ten years on.

darth los
17-Jul-2009, 05:21 PM
I remember when I restarted Resident Evil 2 some months ago, I was getting ready to be majorly unimpressed with the cutscenes and just enjoy it for nostalgia, you know? Actually I found myself becoming engrossed in it all over again and, like you said to some degree, I was quite happy that it still holds up ten years on.

Which goes to show why we still talk about it and remember it fondly. I always wondered why that alternate scenario thing was never done again. Graphics aside ( Because all graphics eventually become dated) it's the best game in the series, imo.

:cool:

Danny
17-Jul-2009, 05:25 PM

tell me about it man, on my bigass 52 inch hd tv it looked like i was running a gba rom, but the music, the camera angles and those cutscenes just made it stand out as a big deal for videogames, i dont think youd have stuff like metal gear 4 without these early games that took it the fullblown cinematic route.

Rottedfreak
18-Jul-2009, 06:13 AM
I hope Darkside Chronicles does this Psycho 98 style. Like replicate it scene for scene, shot for shot in Degeneration quality CG.

ProfessorChaos
18-Jul-2009, 06:56 AM
RE2 was the first video-game i ever bought on the day of its release...and one of only a handful of ps2 games i bothered keeping. i still wish they'd do a remake like they did with the GC version of the original. that would be another day-one purchase.

capncnut
18-Jul-2009, 03:45 PM
i still wish they'd do a remake like they did with the GC version of the original. that would be another day-one purchase.
First person shooter. Steam. ;)

I can dream, can't I?

MikePizzoff
18-Jul-2009, 05:22 PM
i still wish they'd do a remake like they did with the GC version of the original.

They did RE 1, 2, and 3 remakes on the GC. Get them!

ProfessorChaos
18-Jul-2009, 07:51 PM
i'm thinking that the re2, and re 3 on GC were both ports, but they did a totally new version of RE....

Danny
18-Jul-2009, 08:22 PM
They did RE 1, 2, and 3 remakes on the GC. Get them!

There not remakes they have a slight graphical upgrade from using the pc models and not the console ones, which had a higher resolution.
In fact aside form that there almost strait ports of the dreamcast versions.

capncnut
18-Jul-2009, 10:38 PM
There not remakes they have a slight graphical upgrade from using the pc models and not the console ones, which had a higher resolution. In fact aside form that there almost strait ports of the dreamcast versions.
Basically they are the Windows versions, which are still worthy of the purchase in that nerdy way - the extras take a tyrant-sized turd on the PSX editions. And yeah, Danny Boy, the Dreamcast version of RE2 is the 'ultimate' version. I will never play another.

i'm thinking that the re2, and re 3 on GC were both ports...
For example Jared, when you meet certain characters in-game, you unlock their models to view at a later time in the extras menu, not to mention other game modes and galleries. The graphical updates are quite noticeable too.