PDA

View Full Version : Struck by lightening...

capncnut
17-Jul-2009, 05:40 PM
...well, sort of.

Yesterday I was doing the mundane grocery shopping thing early in the evening and when I left the off licence it started to thunder. So I'm walking back and all of a sudden I hear a huge thunderclap, see nothing but white for one second and I stop in my tracks. I felt strange and a little headachy and wanted to sneeze, but I actually puked instead. Some guy come running up to me and said, "Christ, are you okay, man?" Dazed, I said, "What happened?" He replies, "I think you got hit by lightening or very close to it. I saw the streak come right down near your head and you just stopped and dropped your bags."

:stunned:

Anyway, half hour later I was completely fine. I don't think I was full blown struck otherwise I would probably be in the hospital freezer by now but whatever happened, it was a damn close shave. When I got home, my hair was proper standing on end!

I just thought I'd post that because a few peeps in the shoutbox were asking.

EvilNed
17-Jul-2009, 06:09 PM
Hooooly shit. I had no idea that kinda stuff could even happen. Good thing you made it.

bassman
17-Jul-2009, 06:26 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if you were struck. I've heard of alot of cases where someone is struck and basically nothing happens. They go about their day. Then there are the other cases that aren't so fortunate.

Consider yourself lucky, I spose.

On a semi-related note.....I've got two electrical sockets in my living room that are about 15-20 feet apart and everytime there is a storm, we can see sparks jumping from one socket to the other. Kinda creepy...

Trin
17-Jul-2009, 06:33 PM
So can you channel electricity out of your fingers? Control magnetism? Levitate? Create storms out of blue skies?

I'm sure something will manifest itself in the coming days.

It seems only appropriate that capncnut gains superpowers from this!!!

capncnut
17-Jul-2009, 06:36 PM
http://www.testriffic.com/resultfiles/10038emporer.jpg

:lol:

major jay
17-Jul-2009, 09:49 PM
It was going to happen sooner or later.

kortick
18-Jul-2009, 01:07 AM
told you not to wear those
metal nipples clamps out when
running errands.

http://i26.tinypic.com/34h7zlu.jpg

bassman
18-Jul-2009, 02:11 AM
Speaking of having ear/tongue/nipple/whatever rings......I once saw a video of this kid that was struck by lightning and lived, but his tongue ring was nowhere to be found.

Been looking for it, but can't find the video.

ProfessorChaos
18-Jul-2009, 07:22 AM
damn cap...that's incredible!

EDIT: you should get a new tat of a lightning bolt...

MinionZombie
18-Jul-2009, 10:39 AM
Holy crap! :eek::eek::eek:

Yojimbo
18-Jul-2009, 11:56 PM
Heard of a bald dude that got struck by lightning and then started to grow back his hair. Think he got hit by a car and died, though, before his bald spot disappeared, no fooling!

Good think that you're ok, though brother!
'

AcesandEights
21-Jul-2009, 07:14 PM
Capn', have your girlfriend put her head on your chest to listen and make sure your heart is beating at a steady pace (i.e. no arrhythmia).

Glad you're alright, man.