PDA

View Full Version : what a day...

Danny
22-Jul-2009, 12:49 AM
So at about 5am i was nackered from editing all night and was just starting to fall aslep when a scream wakes me up, my brother runs in the room to tell me my mothers in intensive care and shes tried to commit suicide by taking lots o tablets when she was drunk.
So naturally we went to the hospital, she was kept sedated as we were getting it out of her system and she didnt look too bad, it could still become a worst case scenario but the doctors were calm, aside from a sedative she wasnt on anything so im hopeful she will mke it but damn it was a wierd experience.
See my mother and i have had a strained reashionship my whole life, i was the unwanted son she threw bottles at, called as a 5 years old a "fat twat that dresses like a tramp" and every other week whent through the drunken rage mode where she would pack my clothes in a box and say she was "taking me away to the home", not to mention i was told my whole life id never get anywhere, or even finish high school like she didnt and was living in a fairy world for thinking i could get into a college, let alone a university.
My uncle was giving me daggers when i wasnt at her side weeping like everyone else, but rather with the doctors meticulously asking every piece of information i could try adn gather to better understand her situation, but he told me he had no idea she was like that, or that over the last year she disowned the family, burnt all bridges and ran away with a psycho from the army and left without properly telling me and sent all the debt collectors after her then 19 year old son adn that was the last i really heard from her till a drunken phone call last month asking if i had a birhtday today?, when it was 3 months ago.
Now i dont hate my mom, thats just the type of person she is and i accept it, ive spoken rationally with the doctors and im hopeful she will be okay, but at the same time i dont really seem to be feeling nearly as sad as the rest of my family over the whole deal, granted she mistreated me my whole life and i was pretty much raised by my father till he left and my grandparents because she didnt want me other than to get benefits, but still im not really feeling angry or sad, nothing really and thats odd.

But whats wierder is over the last few hours more things have come to light, my brother who was always her golden boy who said he hasnt seen her in 3 years has apparently been slowly moving in with her, hanging around on his days off work with her and stopped her when shes tried this twice before.

but neither felt the deceny to tell me, i was the person to turn the repo men on and thats it apparently, as a family member nad a son that was my part played so she could go and life this horrible lifestyle she had bieng drunk 24-7 with her boyfriend she felt was more valid than her family and since sikking all her debts, or trying to, on me she never even spoke to me again, never answered my calls, just denyed i exist, even told people she only had one son.

Now i hope she gets better, i think she will, but jesus, you think she disowned everyone, turns out it was just you.

Like i said, what a day...

Monrozombi
22-Jul-2009, 03:18 AM
wow dude. my heart goes out to you, i hope it gets better for you...best of luck to you man

kortick
22-Jul-2009, 03:24 AM
yeah thats a busy day.

but hang in there danny,
you already proved she was wrong
about how far u would get in life, and
you will keep doing better.

i will say it tho i know ppl wont
agree with me : family sucks

sounds like u were lied to by a bunch
of family members and like all lies they all
come out in the wash.

consider this your official reason to not
have to deal with her problems with bills
or anything else.

She is your mom so yeah u dont want her
in such bad shape, but i dont blame u for
not being a wreck over this.

do what u need to for yourself.
let someone else take care of her mess for
a while.

Danny
22-Jul-2009, 05:05 AM
update -a cousin ive never met actually dared to say she did it because of me shaming her because he heard i have gay and lesbian friends and hes a homophobic skinhead, never punched a member of my own family before, even if they were a stranger.
good news is she woke up and hasnt had the possible brain damage occur, but now she could end up in a psych ward, happened to my uncle when he tried to gas himself in a car last year.

....damn that side of my familys messed up.

MinionZombie
22-Jul-2009, 09:49 AM
:eek:

All the people fucking you over ... I say fuck 'em. Go out into the world, kick ass, and never look back. Show them up for being assholes.

Damn dude ... :eek:

Danny
22-Jul-2009, 10:00 AM
:eek:

All the people fucking you over ... I say fuck 'em. Go out into the world, kick ass, and never look back. Show them up for being assholes.

Damn dude ... :eek:

eh, i'm not really the showing up type, hell in class i was the best director but wouldn't say it, but the guy who was by far the best editor would say "why don't you?" and i'm just not that vocal a guy when i'm not spinning one liners and such. Same with stuff like this, getting angry gets me nowhere, trying to show people up in my opinion just screws your outlook and can make you do stupid choices yknow?

MinionZombie
22-Jul-2009, 12:13 PM
I don't mean "show up" like "show off" - show up as in prove them wrong, as in even more reason to do what you're already doing. You don't literally then go back to whomever and say "see..." ... ... kinda like (in a far smaller respect) when my GCSE maths teacher (who was fucking useless) said I would only get a "D at best" - well instead I ignored his useless teaching and barged 2 years of GCSE maths in under a month on my own and got a "B" (the highest grade you could get on the paper I was doing - only the "advanced" paper-takers could get an "A" ... weird, I know).

Anyway, that's what I mean - people being dicks and saying you're no good etc, is just all the more reason to keep doing what you're already doing. It's not about doing things for stupid reasons, or taking stupid decisions.

Danny
22-Jul-2009, 12:41 PM
Anyway, that's what I mean - people being dicks and saying you're no good etc, is just all the more reason to keep doing what you're already doing. It's not about doing things for stupid reasons, or taking stupid decisions.

preaching to the choir dude, been saying that for years.

wayzim
22-Jul-2009, 12:59 PM
preaching to the choir dude, been saying that for years.

Jez Louise! Hell.

I've had many friends whose lives have been out there, murder, mayhem, etc, but the way you're dealing ... much respect from this end, man.

Still, I keep thinking of that line from the movie 'Fame.' where one character faces a moment of humiliation. "I must remember this and use it in my art. "
Keep rockin it.

Wayne Z

Two years since the first brick was rudely wrenched from the base to the moment when the last toppled stone revealed a vulnerable humanity to the natural world. And in their nakedness, the protective cocoon torn asunder, the assailed whole fell to that which science could not explain nor religion find comforting platitudes for.

Preservation of a Species; the Novel.
Third Draft

bassman
22-Jul-2009, 01:10 PM
That is a little bit rough...

Best of luck to yas, hells.

Danny
22-Jul-2009, 01:46 PM
Jez Louise! Hell.

I've had many friends whose lives have been out there, murder, mayhem, etc, but the way you're dealing ... much respect from this end, man.

Still, I keep thinking of that line from the movie 'Fame.' where one character faces a moment of humiliation. "I must remember this and use it in my art. "
Keep rockin it.

Wayne Z

Two years since the first brick was rudely wrenched from the base to the moment when the last toppled stone revealed a vulnerable humanity to the natural world. And in their nakedness, the protective cocoon torn asunder, the assailed whole fell to that which science could not explain nor religion find comforting platitudes for.

Preservation of a Species; the Novel.
Third Draft

that same thought kept me going the whole 9 months i worked at mcdonalds :lol:

AcesandEights
22-Jul-2009, 04:09 PM
Jesus, Hells...

I hope you'll excuse me if I say that is all a very hardcore level of shit for you to deal with.

My best to you, though. You certainly seem to have your shit in order and that's what counts. You can only account for your own behavior and from--admittedly--what little I know of you, you seem like all your parts are glued on correctly.

Anyway, again, my best to you in this troubled time.

clanglee
23-Jul-2009, 06:00 AM
Jesus jumped up Christ!!! That is some rough shit man. Good luck, and . . . . . . . . . . . . .

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WlBiLNN1NhQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WlBiLNN1NhQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

LoSTBoY
23-Jul-2009, 01:23 PM
Bloody hell, Hell. They are some messed up folk. :(

They don't deserve a son like yourself, you have managed to get through live with this shit in the background without breaking apart, it's fairly amazing.

I hope you stepped on your cousins neck when you floored him. :mad:

Danny
23-Jul-2009, 03:10 PM
Jesus jumped up Christ!!! That is some rough shit man. Good luck, and . . . . . . . . . . . . .

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WlBiLNN1NhQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WlBiLNN1NhQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

well played sir....

this calls for something to cheer everyone up, YOUVE SEEN KITLER, THE CAT THAT LOOKS LIKE HITLER, WELL BEHOLD!

A CHALLENGER APPEARS!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/Vladimir_Lenin-cat.jpg

BEHOLD. LENIN CAT.

Chic Freak
23-Jul-2009, 03:23 PM
You may go through all sorts of unexpected emotions over the next few weeks, so look out for that.

I don't blame you for not being a wreck over this either- and it sounds as if a psych ward might be the best place for your mum right now.

MinionZombie
23-Jul-2009, 04:04 PM
well played sir....

this calls for something to cheer everyone up, YOUVE SEEN KITLER, THE CAT THAT LOOKS LIKE HITLER, WELL BEHOLD!

A CHALLENGER APPEARS!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/Vladimir_Lenin-cat.jpg

BEHOLD. LENIN CAT.
To be fair - that pic is epic win.

*saved*

Danny
23-Jul-2009, 04:31 PM
To be fair - that pic is epic win.

*saved*

TO BE CONTUVRED

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/2005798949605151449_rs.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/Dangerous_cat.jpg

nothing can cheer people up faster than a lolcat. fact.

MinionZombie
23-Jul-2009, 07:19 PM
TO BE CONTUVRED

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/2005798949605151449_rs.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/Dangerous_cat.jpg

nothing can cheer people up faster than a lolcat. fact.
Damn straight - I go there every day - it's always good for a lol. :D