PDA

View Full Version : sam raimi to direct world of warcraft movie

Danny
22-Jul-2009, 04:38 AM
http://www.wow.com/2009/07/21/sam-raimi-to-direct-wow-movie/

to be honest i imagine its more likely to be set before world of warcraft, most liekly in the reign of chaos series that occcured 5 years before the mmo in the worlds story, since it has a more coherent plot than the mmo, which id be all for, i cant help but wonder if his evil dead roots will show in the undead scourge?

AcesandEights
22-Jul-2009, 02:26 PM
Well, they picked a solid director for it, especially considering the meatball topic we're talking about. If anyone can take crap and spin it into fun, cheesy gold, it's Raimi.

Danny
22-Jul-2009, 02:41 PM
to be fair if it is based on the rts or something after the mmo it could have a solid fantasy plot reminiscent of evil dead 3 and his tv series like hercules. I mean sure warcrafts got a rep for catering to nerds, but i honestly think it will be a bit less of a cheesy movie than gears of war yknow?

AcesandEights
22-Jul-2009, 04:04 PM
Hey, I said good cheesy :D And there's certainly hope that the movie could deliver on a few different fronts. I wonder how much Blizz will help or hurt the creative process driving the production of the film.

Neil
22-Jul-2009, 05:44 PM
Wow! Busy man! Directing Spider Man 4 and also getting the WOW production started at the same time!

MinionZombie
22-Jul-2009, 05:50 PM
Wow! Busy man! Directing Spider Man 4 and also getting the WOW production started at the same time!
Ahhhh man ... yet longer to wait for Evil Dead 4 (if it is to happen in the future that is).

clanglee
23-Jul-2009, 06:08 AM
Awesome news, but also kinda sad for me. My uncle, who recently passed, would have shit a brick at this news.

bassman
23-Jul-2009, 12:33 PM
I can see the advertisements now: "From the director of Darkman!" Huh?:rockbrow:

It killed me that all the ads for Drag Me To Hell said "From the director of Spiderman". Ummm....don't you think Evil Dead would have been a better choice for a HORROR FILM?!?

Hollywood. It freaks me out.

We need a nose picking smiley....

Doc
25-Jul-2009, 12:36 AM
"A film based on a multiplayer game and you want to make it for about $100 million? SURE!"

"A film based on a series of games that spawned books and comics with a rich story, deep characters, and you want $150 million? Go fu*k yourself!"

:annoyed:

Danny
25-Jul-2009, 02:02 AM
words from the chin, the king, the legend himself...

http://www.wow.com/2009/07/24/bruce-campbell-and-metzen-on-the-movie-at-comic-con/

i can just see bruce with ponty ears and a blond wig as some hoity toity blood elf doing that "something not quite right" laugh. Though people actually want him for the king of stormwind.

whatever role if this is a fantasy movie by raimi it HAS to have bruce in it.

best responses so far off wow.com

"bc will no longer stand for burning crusade, it will now refer to bruce campbell!"

"one role - LEEEEERRRROOOOYYYYY-"

"who the hell is this guy?!?"

i officially dont care if it sucks, if bruce is in it im front row opening weekend :lol: