27-Jul-2009, 04:37 AM
:( not cool. first Karl, then Clayton.

Monrozombi
27-Jul-2009, 10:25 AM
wow, i wish this wasn't true.

RIP in my friend

capncnut
27-Jul-2009, 02:53 PM
I know death comes a-bangin' on all our doors at some point but it still don't ease the sting when it affects someone you respect/love. Clayton seemed like a lovely bloke and this is deeply saddening to hear.

Thoughts go out to Sharon and family. RIP. :(

Danny Terror
27-Jul-2009, 03:45 PM
Oh my god I just heard about this ....

I swear my heart is heavy right now. I met Clayton in Texas along with his wife Sharon awhile back and he stands out as one of the coolest people I ever met, period. He promised that we would "Ride the escalator together" one day.....

RIP Dude. I'll see you when I get there.

Yojimbo
27-Jul-2009, 03:54 PM
Damned sad news, actually makes me want to cry. I first met Clayton and Sharon at Comicon 04, and they were the nicest folks you could ever hope to meet.

I recently had been planning to get in touch with Clayton to see if he could give me information regarding the DOTD M-16 prop I had acquirred. Since he had been the arms master during the DOTD shoot, I had hoped to get some info on the piece. Sadly, I dragged my heels after I got his contact info and now it is just too late. Knowing how courteous and helpful Mr. Hill was, I was certain that he would have been willing to provide me with info.

My deepest and heartfelt condolences go to his family, and in particular to Sharon, the ghoul nurse. Mr. Clayton Hill, Rest In Peace!

EDIT: I stepped away for a moment and just had to return to this thread. I cannot even begin to describe the sadness that the news of Clayton Hill's stroke and passing brings to me. I know that I am not alone on this, and I hope that it provides some measure of comfort to Sharon and Clayton's family that he will be sorely missed by so many people.

MikePizzoff
27-Jul-2009, 05:05 PM
Sadly, I never attended any conventions he was at and never got to meet him and experience how great of a person he really is. RIP.

bassman
27-Jul-2009, 05:17 PM
Never met him, but his zombie stood out on my very first viewing of Dawn. And in a good way.....unlike some others.

MinionZombie
27-Jul-2009, 05:24 PM
:(:(:(:(:(

Nothing more to say really. :(

Doc
27-Jul-2009, 05:30 PM
Sadly, I never attended any conventions he was at and never got to meet him and experience how great of a person he really is. RIP.

Same.:( Out of all of the ghouls in 'Dawn' he was one of the few I would have loved to meet most.

DubiousComforts
27-Jul-2009, 05:40 PM
Goddamn, I miss him already. :(

Update: Found the obituary (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09208/986678-122.stm) but no guest book to leave condolences yet.

From Kyra's blog:
http://www.ghoulnextdoor.com/img/tfw10.jpg

(Sorry for posting a photo that includes stupid me, but it's a great photo of Clayton. He was a genuine guy.)

Yojimbo
27-Jul-2009, 06:03 PM
Goddamn, I miss him already. :(

Update: Found the obituary (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09208/986678-122.stm) but no guest book to leave condolences yet.

I too found the obit, but you beat me to posting. No online condolence feature yet.

Condolences can be sent directly to:
Lee & Martin Funeral Home
73 Highland Ave
Burgettstown, PA 15021

Floral Arrangements can be sent for the service on Friday, 7/31/09 to:
Eldersville United Methodist Church
15 Church Rd
Burgettstown, PA 15021-2015
(724) 947-2598

DubiousComforts
27-Jul-2009, 06:22 PM
I too found the obit, but you beat me to posting. No online condolence feature yet.

Condolences can be sent directly to:
Lee & Martin Funeral Home
73 Highland Ave
Burgettstown, PA 15021
Thanks, Yojimbo. Floral arrangements can probably be sent to the funeral home for the viewing, as well, and they will usually forward the arrangements to the service.

Maybe we should take up a collection for an arrangement on behalf of HPOTD and DAWN fans everywhere.

Danny Terror
27-Jul-2009, 06:47 PM
I'm in financial ruin, but will throw down a Sawbuck.

Yojimbo
27-Jul-2009, 06:48 PM
Thanks, Yojimbo. Floral arrangements can probably be sent to the funeral home for the viewing, as well, and they will usually forward the arrangements to the service.

Maybe we should take up a collection for an arrangement on behalf of HPOTD and DAWN fans everywhere.
Some funeral homes may take flowers for the visitation, but the family may have to pay a transportation service to have those flowers brought to the church for the service, which is why we usually recommend the flowers go directly to the memorial service. Either way, it is nice to show the family that they are in your thoughts.

I would love to contribute to an arrangement being sent either place if this is going to happen. Good thinking, Dubious!

DubiousComforts
27-Jul-2009, 07:48 PM
I would love to contribute to an arrangement being sent either place if this is going to happen. Good thinking, Dubious!
There is a florist in Burgettstown with some nice arrangements at a reasonable cost which can be ordered online. Anyone wishing to contribute, just shoot me a PM by Wednesday and I'll add your name to the card. No more than $10 each should be necessary.

Jimbo, I'm going to contact the funeral home to ask if they charge to forward the arrangements to the service.

Yojimbo
27-Jul-2009, 07:58 PM
There is a florist in Burgettstown with some nice arrangements at a reasonable cost which can be ordered online. Anyone wishing to contribute, just shoot me a PM by Wednesday and I'll add your name to the card. No more than $10 each should be necessary.

Jimbo, I'm going to contact the funeral home to ask if they charge to forward the arrangements to the service.

Thanks, Dubious, for doing the legwork on this - I really appreciate it. Will send you a PM confirming my participation.

EDIT: Jim, sent the PM to confirm. My wife and I will participate, so that's $20.00 on my end. Let me know how to get the cash to you, brother, and thanks again for doing this for us.

EDIT #2: Jim, I contacted the funeral home and was told that because the size of the UMC is rather small, the only flowers that they will be able to display at the service will be family ordered pieces (those that come from immediate family) and therefore they recommend that floral arrangements be sent directly to the mortuary for the visitation rather than to the church.

DawnFan inCincy
28-Jul-2009, 12:47 AM
I had the honor of meeting the Hills on three occasions, and Clayton was simply a class individual. He loved Dawn and the fans. Sharon is the nicest, sweetest person on the convention circuit. My deepest condolences go out to her and their family. RIP

capncnut
28-Jul-2009, 05:25 AM
I cannot even begin to describe the sadness that the news of Clayton Hill's stroke and passing brings to me. I know that I am not alone on this, and I hope that it provides some measure of comfort to Sharon and Clayton's family that he will be sorely missed by so many people.
I've had a few hours to get fried and watch Dawn tonight. When I saw Clayton stumbling up those escalators, eyes wide open and body shambling, I had to pause and shed a tear, mate. Even when I saw his name in the credits, I punched the f**king air!

http://www.ghoulnextdoor.com/img/tfw10.jpg
Sorry for posting a photo that includes stupid me, but it's a great photo of Clayton. He was a genuine guy.
Adrian Zmed LIVES!!! :D

Jim, sent the PM to confirm. My wife and I will participate, so that's $20.00 on my end. Let me know how to get the cash to you, brother, and thanks again for doing this for us.
Makes me proud to know you guys. Your generosity will be much appreciated I'm sure. Be sure to put my name on the card guys!

strayrider
28-Jul-2009, 05:47 AM
RIP, Mr. Hill.

:(

-stray-

DubiousComforts
28-Jul-2009, 07:04 PM
I
Adrian Zmed LIVES!!! :D
Whatever this means, I'm sure that I don't like it. :D

EDIT: OK, now I get it...

http://img2.allposters.com/images/MMPH/171051.jpg
Yeah, that's me!

http://www.bigskymotionpictures.com/website/stars/pics/zmed.jpg
WTF?!

Philly_SWAT
28-Jul-2009, 11:37 PM
Wow, I go away from HPOTD for a couple of months, come back, and this is the first post I see... :(

I met Clayton in Monroeville in 2004 and last year in Orlando. I had a pic of me and him from 2004 and asked him to autograph it. He said he remembered me and taking the pic! Seemed unlikely, so I asked him if he remembered 'when' we took the photo. He said "2004". Did he really remember, or just a lucky guess? In either event, he was a super nice guy, as was his wife Sharon. RIP C.H.

acealive1
02-Aug-2009, 01:42 AM
damn, im sad to see him go. i remember watching the dawn ultimate dvd and checking out the tour and he was the life of it

Trancelikestate
02-Aug-2009, 09:28 AM
i made my contribution. not just because I'm a fan of the dead movies, but i honestly feel like in my heart that this man cared for us all as friends not just fans. so, as friends we will support in their time of need.

DubiousComforts
02-Aug-2009, 07:05 PM
Don't forget that you can still send sympathy cards to the family in care of the funeral home (Yojimbo posted the address above). Clayton and Sharon were exemplary convention guests that made everyone they met feel special. There really needs to be a huge outpouring of love and support from the DEAD community for Sharon during this time.

darth los
03-Aug-2009, 05:53 PM
Never met him, but his zombie stood out on my very first viewing of Dawn. And in a good way.....unlike some others.

Clayton and Sharon are in the extras of the DOTD Ultimate edition. If you've never been around them it might give you a sense what it's like. It's in a group setting with Ken Foree and other taking a late night tour of the mall and yes he tackles the escalator thing!!

:cool:

DeadJonas190
08-Aug-2009, 06:12 AM
Very sad news. I met him at the Pittsburgh Comicion in 03 and he was absolutly the most friendly and kind person I met at the entire con and that is saying a lot as the cast of Dawn and artists and writers were all very pleasant to talk to during that weekend. I am truely saddened, he was such a great guy to talk to and so passionate about meeting the fans. R.I.P. Mr Hill. We will all miss you.

I wish I had known sooner so I could have thrown in a few bucks for the flowers.

darth los
09-Aug-2009, 07:26 PM
Very sad news. I met him at the Pittsburgh Comicion in 03 and he was absolutly the most friendly and kind person I met at the entire con and that is saying a lot as the cast of Dawn and artists and writers were all very pleasant to talk to during that weekend. I am truely saddened, he was such a great guy to talk to and so passionate about meeting the fans. R.I.P. Mr Hill. We will all miss you.

I wish I had known sooner so I could have thrown in a few bucks for the flowers.

There seems to be a consensus that he was a super cool dude and people liked being around him.

In the end i guess that's one of the best things you can say about a person.

:cool:

DubiousComforts
12-Aug-2009, 07:39 PM
Received a thank-you note from Sharon Hill yesterday which I thought all would like to read:

http://notrush.com/thank-you.jpg

You can still send sympathy cards to the family in care of the funeral home which, as you can see, are greatly appreciated.

AcesandEights
12-Aug-2009, 07:49 PM
Very classy of you guys.

It's always sad for me to see people so intimately connected to those things that we have enjoyed pass.

Yojimbo
13-Aug-2009, 03:38 AM
Received a thank-you note from Sharon Hill yesterday which I thought all would like to read:

You can still send sympathy cards to the family in care of the funeral home which, as you can see, are greatly appreciated.
Dudes, as a member of this board I would like to formally thank DubiousComforts for taking the time and fronting the expense of sending floral arrangement to Sharon to show our collective sadness over the passing of Clayton Hill. I would also like to commend those of you who volunteered to make contributions to back up Dubious' efforts, even in spite of the crappy ecomomy and general hard times everywhere.

This effort to some degree has bolstered my faith in my fellow mankind. In this regard I personally consider it a great honor to call you all my friends, even though I have never actually formally met any of you face to face.

It is efforts such as this that make me proud to be a member of HPOTD. You zombie freaks rule!

thxleo
13-Aug-2009, 02:39 PM

Thanks again Jim for being kind and thoughtful enough to organize everything.