PDA

View Full Version : Genius little film (stick guns)

Tricky
28-Jul-2009, 11:15 AM
7EU9Bp1GtCo

Im sure that must strike a chord with anyone who played army as a kid :lol:

Bone Daddy
28-Jul-2009, 03:23 PM
Brilliant. I think that's what my friends and I did all year round in the dark ages. We little Band of Brothers. When boys could be boys and play war. Guns.... Before the Great Emasculation.......

AcesandEights
28-Jul-2009, 04:34 PM
Brilliant. I think that's what my friends and I did all year round in the dark ages. We little Band of Brothers. When boys could be boys and play war. Guns.... Before the Great Emasculation.......

:lol: I know what you mean. Damn, I loved playing 'war' and 'guns' and whatever else we cared to call it when we were kids. I remember once we used our old flintlock-style toy guns, dressed in bed sheets and ran around the neighborhood playing at being some sort of rampaging Bedouins. That wouldn't go over too well nowadays :shifty:

Though, to be fair, I do have some mixed feelings about children at play with toy guns.

Tricky
28-Jul-2009, 04:38 PM
Thing is I never really grew out of it..
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/9529/img8703copy.jpg

:lol:

AcesandEights
28-Jul-2009, 04:41 PM
Thing is I never really grew out of it..
:lol:

I was just having a conversation about paintball and how much fun I used to have playing a number of years back now. Still wished I played it, but a lot of my friends grew out of it, you know. :(

Tricky
28-Jul-2009, 05:00 PM
Ah bad news!I go to walk-on days where everyone who has their own gear turns up on the site once a month,gets put into teams & plays for the day, seen as all my friends who bought gear at the same time as me have "grown up" ("turned boring") & wont go anymore!the age range varies from 13 year old kids to men and women twice my age :)

Playing army as kids though,me and all the lads from round the village bought cap guns & used to spend the entire weekend at war on my dads farm & in the surrounding woods!I had an M16 that took strip caps & it ejected the spent ones as you fired it,it was the ultimate in cool as an 8 - 11 year old kid before we discovered girls & so forth! sometimes we would beg our parents to take us into town on market day as well because there was always an old man with a stall there selling army surplus,so we would buy ammo belts full of spent shells,camo trousers & smocks that were too big for us,belts with water bottles & pouches on & world war 2 "tommy" helmets for playing army in with our pocket money :lol: my cousin who is the same age as me lived in germany as his dad was in the british army but based there,so when he got reposted to england & my cousin moved to the village he joined in too, but because he'd been in germany & we didnt understand why at the time,we just called him a german & he always had to play enemy as we wanted to be the winning allies & as far as we were concerned he was a kraut & they lost the war :lol: kids are cruel!

MinionZombie
28-Jul-2009, 07:01 PM
Skipped to the bit where the action kicks off - they really should have used more suitable music, or just left it as "the sounds of battle" - otherwise that bit was great. :)

Tricky
30-Jul-2009, 10:34 AM
Skipped to the bit where the action kicks off - they really should have used more suitable music, or just left it as "the sounds of battle" - otherwise that bit was great. :)

did you watch the whole thing though MZ?its funny when the narrator is talking about how they almost joined the army cadets but "it was too scary,too much like the real thing,one step away from being called up,only the pikey kids went" :lol: