View Full Version : First BTS images from "DEAD GENESIS"

livingdeadboy
31-Jul-2009, 12:44 AM
Hey all,

Here are a couple tease behind the scenes photos from our first day of Second Unit shooting on Dead Genesis. We were shooting brief segments that play on a television screen earlier in the film. A couple more cool photos to come!

Producer Justin Dmitruk and myself (the original Night '07 team back together again :p)

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e263/reesterfx/IMG_0786_2.jpg

And of course... what's a zombie movie without some freakin' zombies?

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e263/reesterfx/IMG_0849_2.jpg

MinionZombie
31-Jul-2009, 09:28 AM
Noiiice.

Is that a Panasonic camera underneath that spiffing box set-up thingy?

DjfunkmasterG
31-Jul-2009, 10:08 AM
I sense a 35MM adapter kit :D

livingdeadboy
31-Jul-2009, 11:13 AM
For the news segments we were shooting w/ the JVC GY-HD200ub camera. Which had the 35mm lens adapter attached to it.

For the actual movie we're shooting on the PANASONIC HVX200 (in HD), also with the 35mm lens adapter attached to the front.

MinionZombie
31-Jul-2009, 11:39 AM
For the news segments we were shooting w/ the JVC GY-HD200ub camera. Which had the 35mm lens adapter attached to it.

For the actual movie we're shooting on the PANASONIC HVX200 (in HD), also with the 35mm lens adapter attached to the front.
I think I just came a little bit. :p

livingdeadboy
31-Jul-2009, 04:05 PM

Haha, just wait till you see footage from the movie. It's going to be a very sexy looking zombie movie. I was sick of the apocalyptic movie world looking gray and drab...everybody does it. So we're going for a much more colorful palette. The apocalypse is going to be very colorful in Dead Genesis.

MinionZombie
31-Jul-2009, 07:08 PM
Haha, just wait till you see footage from the movie. It's going to be a very sexy looking zombie movie. I was sick of the apocalyptic movie world looking gray and drab...everybody does it. So we're going for a much more colorful palette. The apocalypse is going to be very colorful in Dead Genesis.
Ooh, now I like that idea - you're right too, the drab post-apocalypse vibe is a bit done to death really. Plus you see a lot of indie flicks with drained colour palettes, so it'll be nice to see some variety in the colours on screen. :)

Neil
01-Aug-2009, 07:08 AM

"...35mm.... high definition... lens adapter... zombies... second unit..."

I know you love it when I talk all zombie shoot!

capncnut
01-Aug-2009, 07:19 AM
I know Reese loves it when I shoot all over his zombies. :D

MinionZombie
01-Aug-2009, 10:15 AM
"...35mm.... high definition... lens adapter... zombies... second unit..."

I know you love it when I talk all zombie shoot!

You dirty bastard ... although just say "Panasonic DVX100B" and it's Volcano time. :D

My, this thread sure got kinky quick-smart.

livingdeadboy
01-Aug-2009, 02:28 PM
It just got sexy in here... had I known posting tech specs would cause such a reaction I would have been doing it years ago to garner more attention :p

I'll be posting our first promo photo for the flick sometime tomorrow.

MinionZombie
01-Aug-2009, 06:02 PM
It just got sexy in here...

That explains the smell, I guess...;)

I'll be posting our first promo photo for the flick sometime tomorrow.

:cool::cool::cool:

EvilNed
01-Aug-2009, 06:12 PM
Are you shooting in 1080 or 720 on the HVX?

Neil
01-Aug-2009, 11:07 PM

Oh God! There goes MZ in his pants again! :rolleyes:

MinionZombie
02-Aug-2009, 08:57 AM
Oh God! There goes MZ in his pants again! :rolleyes:
Well, a little bit ... personally I'm not a huge fan of HD and all this Blu-Ray stuff ... I prefer grit and grain, especially on an indie level ... so if you started saying "standard definition" and "super 16" ... then I would ... ... uhh ... too late. :D

livingdeadboy
02-Aug-2009, 06:16 PM

We're shooting on 720, I am personally not a fan of 1080p. This is my first high def movie. I've shot music videos on 1080, and it's just too much (unless your shooting on the RED camera, then it's totally worth it). I'll stick to 720 for now. Personally I really wanted to shoot right to tape, however, distributors are becoming less interested in movies shot on standard and more interested in movies that are shot in high definition.

Anyways, here's our first little promo photo from the flick!

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e263/reesterfx/IMG_4430_2.jpg

EvilNed
05-Aug-2009, 03:50 PM
We're shooting on 720, I am personally not a fan of 1080p. This is my first high def movie. I've shot music videos on 1080, and it's just too much (unless your shooting on the RED camera, then it's totally worth it). I'll stick to 720 for now. Personally I really wanted to shoot right to tape, however, distributors are becoming less interested in movies shot on standard and more interested in movies that are shot in high definition.

Good, because the 1080 on the HVX is messed up. It's fake, the pixels are blown up from 900-something.

Anyway, looks cool.

livingdeadboy
16-Aug-2009, 10:12 AM
Day 1 out of 15 of principal photography begins today! We have an awesome crew, cast and a wonderful amount of zombie extras! I'll post photos from the set as we truck onwards!

MinionZombie
16-Aug-2009, 10:35 AM
Day 1 out of 15 of principal photography begins today! We have an awesome crew, cast and a wonderful amount of zombie extras! I'll post photos from the set as we truck onwards!
All the best for the shoot dude. :cool:

livingdeadboy
17-Aug-2009, 07:21 PM
Another image from set, me reprising my role from Night '07 (post trowel to the face).

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e263/reesterfx/SafeRedirect.jpg

MinionZombie
17-Aug-2009, 09:26 PM
Another image from set, me reprising my role from Night '07 (post trowel to the face).

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e263/reesterfx/SafeRedirect.jpg
Noiiice!

I thought that was a great scene at the end of Night07 - and this 'ere make-up is bloody good too. :cool: