PDA

View Full Version : fantasy football coming up

acealive1
02-Aug-2009, 03:28 PM
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/joinprivateleague_league_select?.scrumb=

league ID is 217057

password is favre

draft is this coming saturday 4:30 pm EDT/ 1:30 pm PST

Danny
02-Aug-2009, 04:04 PM
can you explain to me what these fantasy leagues are?, ive never got it myself.

capncnut
02-Aug-2009, 05:00 PM
can you explain to me what these fantasy leagues are?, ive never got it myself.
Here you go, from Wikipedia.

Fantasy football is a fantasy sports game in which participants (called "owners") are arranged into a league. The person who creates the league is called the commissioner, and that person invites other owners into his/her league. Each team drafts or acquires via auction a team of real-life American football players and then scores points based on those players' statistical on-the-field performances. A typical fantasy league will employ players from a single football league, such as the NFL or an NCAA division. Leagues can be arranged in which the winner is the team with the most total points at the end of the season, or in a head-to-head format (which mirrors the actual NFL) in which each team plays against a single opponent each week. At the end of the year, win-loss records determine league rankings or qualification into a playoff bracket. Most leagues set aside the last weeks of the regular season for their own playoffs.

acealive1
02-Aug-2009, 05:14 PM

much appreciated, ol' chap

AcesandEights
03-Aug-2009, 01:47 PM
Is it time for me to finally partake in a fantasy football league?

Only time will tell.

acealive1
03-Aug-2009, 07:45 PM
Is it time for me to finally partake in a fantasy football league?

Only time will tell.

ah cmon, its a FREE league,man! im not like these asshats who charge for it.

Danny
03-Aug-2009, 08:58 PM

huh. still dont get it myself, so your basically trading one player for another? to what end?, if thats it it seems kind of pointless to me, whats the actual point of this?

krakenslayer
03-Aug-2009, 09:05 PM
huh. still dont get it myself, so your basically trading one player for another? to what end?, if thats it it seems kind of pointless to me, whats the actual point of this?

I think you start out by purchasing players in an auction, then every week your team of players is pitted (statistically, based on the individualy real-life players' performance that week) against other teams of players owned by other participants. Winning games gets you points, person with the most points at the end of the season wins.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct?

clanglee
04-Aug-2009, 01:38 AM
Oh boy oh boy oh boy ohboyohboyohboy!!!!! I can't wait to miss this!!!!! :D

Craig
04-Aug-2009, 10:23 AM
This is the only type of fantasy football I'm interested in:

http://chainofcommand.kleverpig.com/Images/GW/BloodBowl.jpg

I remember there was a fantasy football (soccer) league at my school and whoever came out top at the end of the season got some vouchers or something. To me it just goes to show sport can be as nerdy as anything else.

acealive1
04-Aug-2009, 11:36 PM
Oh boy oh boy oh boy ohboyohboyohboy!!!!! I can't wait to miss this!!!!! :D

i smell crap all of a sudden

clanglee
05-Aug-2009, 12:02 AM
i smell crap all of a sudden

You should wash your upper lip more often!! :p

and welcome back btw ace.

acealive1
05-Aug-2009, 02:17 AM
You should wash your upper lip more often!! :p

and welcome back btw ace.

thanks home boy, i dont need to wash. gf does it for me ;)