PDA

View Full Version : Max Brooks books

Jamn
12-Aug-2009, 03:19 PM
This was probably covered but I have been away from the forum for a couple of years now. I read Zombie Survival Guide and am almost done with World War Z. I talked to a guy at my local comic shop and he said there are comics coming out but he didn't know of anymore books. I like the stories in WWZ and at the end of ZSG. I like the idea of outbreaks in different times in history and regions. Most movies just stay in the present. Just wondering if Max Brooks is involved with any movies coming out. James

bassman
12-Aug-2009, 03:22 PM
Max Brooks' own World War Z has been in production for quite some time now.

I believe it just had a script rewrite, but the director is Marc Forster(Monster's Ball, Stay, Quantum of Solace).

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=9040&highlight=world+movie

Jamn
12-Aug-2009, 03:26 PM
Thanks, I was just reading other threads about it. There is a lot of info here to take in. I might be here all day trying to catch up.:skull:

Bone Daddy
14-Aug-2009, 08:27 AM
WWZ was riveting from start to finish. I bought the audio cd and it was quite good, although I wish an unabridged version was out there.

mista_mo
14-Aug-2009, 01:29 PM
I thought that Mark Hamil was particularly good as Todd Waino. Everyone else was stellar also, but Mark just stands out to me in the Audio book reading.

Bone Daddy
15-Aug-2009, 02:45 PM
Yes, Mark was very good. I think the entire cast nailed their roles.