PDA

View Full Version : New 360 update

Exatreides
14-Aug-2009, 01:59 AM
As most of you guys know who play on live, the 360 just recently received another update.

Over 125 new features, the majority of which are pretty tiny, some good bonus's are easier ability to rejoin a party and that sort of thing.

Ability to download full games on your hard drive! New ones too, not original x box ones. I wonder how wal mart and the rest of the retailers feel about that? Removing them from the fray is a welcome move in my mind. Seems like were finally approaching that place in gaming history.
(Well if you don't count things like sega channel from the mid 90's ect)

The ability to browse and add new movies on netflix with out having to log on your pc is also great.

They also added some more weird things..

More avatar shopping things! (yay?)

You can now watch movies with friends on netflix over live. I guess that could be cool. We could have a Home page of the dead night of the living dead viewing.

capncnut
14-Aug-2009, 02:00 AM
Cheers, Exat. Will check it out tomorrow.

CoinReturn
14-Aug-2009, 03:45 AM
They've got the original and remake of Night of the Living Dead available to stream over Live/Netflix, we should do a HPotD viewing or two.

Danny
14-Aug-2009, 04:05 AM
i bought some swank as highwayman gloves and some sweet jorts for my dude.-HOW GAY IS THIS!:thumbsup:

cant find the steampunk section, pieces i can find, not the section, same with the depression era clothes for em.

Exatreides
14-Aug-2009, 04:07 AM
They've got the original and remake of Night of the Living Dead available to stream over Live/Netflix, we should do a HPotD viewing or two.

One step ahead :)

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?p=195701#post195701

ProfessorChaos
14-Aug-2009, 04:37 AM
i don't know about you guys, but i am officially boycotting the avatar merchandise store....at first, i thought it'd be badass for my dude to be holding a lightsaber, but 5 bucks? no thanks, ms, you can stick your $1 transactions for t-shirts for avatars right up your greedy asses...:|

and i can't even imagine how many people have shelled out $$ for that crap so far...i'm sure they made thousands of dollars on the first day alone.

MikePizzoff
14-Aug-2009, 12:50 PM
Ability to download full games on your hard drive! New ones too, not original x box ones. I wonder how wal mart and the rest of the retailers feel about that? Removing them from the fray is a welcome move in my mind. Seems like were finally approaching that place in gaming history.
(Well if you don't count things like sega channel from the mid 90's ect)

Some of that is good, some of it's a ripoff. Some games are the same price on Live as they are in retail stores. However, some games, such as Call of Duty 2, you can find for $12.99 in Gamestop, but to download it off Live will cost you $30!!! WTF?!

darth los
14-Aug-2009, 01:12 PM
i don't know about you guys, but i am officially boycotting the avatar merchandise store....at first, i thought it'd be badass for my dude to be holding a lightsaber, but 5 bucks? no thanks, ms, you can stick your $1 transactions for t-shirts for avatars right up your greedy asses...:|

and i can't even imagine how many people have shelled out $$ for that crap so far...i'm sure they made thousands of dollars on the first day alone.

Never ceases to amaze me how many people flush their money down the toilet like that. But they do and I guess that's why MS are billionaires and we're not not.

:cool:

Some of that is good, some of it's a ripoff. Some games are the same price on Live as they are in retail stores. However, some games, such as Call of Duty 2, you can find for $12.99 in Gamestop, but to download it off Live will cost you $30!!! WTF?!

I saw that as well. It seems as if they're suffering from the same arrogance that caused Sony to charge 600 bucks for a console. I guess when you're on top of the gaming world as sony was that'll happen.

They're probably banking that people are just so lazy that they'll pay a "convienience charge". And they're probably right. Time will tell.

What's the over/under on a price drop timeline?

:cool:

mista_mo
14-Aug-2009, 01:20 PM
I feel stupid as i spent like 20 bucks pimping Isaac Clarke out in Dead space...

Ahh..why is that astronaut suit so damn cool.