PDA

View Full Version : Bubba Nosferatu

clanglee
14-Aug-2009, 02:46 AM
What in the name of all that is holy?!?!?!? Ron Pearlman to play Elvis instead of BC? Sacrilage!!!!!!!!! How dare they?!?!? And Paul Giamati(sp?) is set to play Col. Parker? What the hell??? (actually I'm fine with that choice. . I like him) But fucking Ron Pearlman? He looks like a troglodite!!! Goddamn I am pissed.

Here's the link to the site on this unholy travisty.

http://www.bubbanosferatu.com/

capncnut
14-Aug-2009, 02:58 AM
What in the name of all that is holy?!?!?!? Ron Pearlman to play Elvis instead of BC? Sacrilage!!!!!!!!! How dare they?!?!? And Paul Giamati(sp?) is set to play Col. Parker? What the hell??? (actually I'm fine with that choice. . I like him) But fucking Ron Pearlman? He looks like a troglodite!!! Goddamn I am pissed.

Here's the link to the site on this unholy travisty.

http://www.bubbanosferatu.com/
Right, Clangers.

Giamatti was signed to play Parker shortly after Bubba Ho-Tep was finished. As for Perlman, I agree, WTF?

It would be nice for Campbell to reprise Sebastian/Elvis but I'm happy the project is pushing forth. Coscarelli is on board who, in my opinion, is the only guy we need to be concerned/happy about.

Danny
14-Aug-2009, 03:40 AM
love ron pearlman in roles like hellboy, but bruce WAS elvis in bubba ho-tep, you cant replace that performance.

clanglee
14-Aug-2009, 03:43 AM
, but bruce WAS elvis in bubba ho-tep, you cant replace that performance.

Exactly!!!! Big fucking shoes to fill there Ronny boy.

capncnut
14-Aug-2009, 03:46 AM
Exactly!!!! Big fucking shoes to fill there Ronny boy.
Agreed... but... Coscarelli... mmphhhh...

Danny
14-Aug-2009, 03:55 AM
as for paul giamatti fuck anyone who says otherwise with a rusty swiss army knife with every utensile out- mother fucker is a superb actor!

capncnut
14-Aug-2009, 04:00 AM
as for paul giamatti fuck anyone who says otherwise with a rusty swiss army knife with every utensile out- mother fucker is a superb actor!
Hells gets a smoochy for that. ;)

Giamatti kicked ass in Trueman, Shaving Ryan's Privates, Man On The Moon (yes) and Cinderella Man, to name but only a few.

And the rap in Singles.

Danny
14-Aug-2009, 04:10 AM
american splendor and lady in the water spring to mind as two of my favorite performances form him.

He's like steve buscemi, sure they look like a breed of sad dog that jeremy clarckson runs into a puddle in his car next to and splashes but the friggers both have awesome screen presence even if they aint on the cover of celebrity mags.

capncnut
14-Aug-2009, 04:16 AM
friggers
LOLZ. :lol:

MoonSylver
14-Aug-2009, 05:18 AM
Can't really add anything that y'all haven't already. Really wanted Bubba Nosferatu, UNTIL no Bruce, but Ron instead. I LIKE Pearlman, but I have a HARD time seeing him in this part, ESPECIALLY after the kick ass job BC did in the first one. It makes me sad.:(

If they needed a replacement, they shoulda seen what Kurt Russell was doing...;)

clanglee
14-Aug-2009, 05:27 AM
american splendor and lady in the water spring to mind as two of my favorite performances form him.

He's like steve buscemi, sure they look like a breed of sad dog that jeremy clarckson runs into a puddle in his car next to and splashes but the friggers both have awesome screen presence even if they aint on the cover of celebrity mags.

Oh I agree, he's great. .He was amazing in John Adams and hell. .he was the best part of Shoot em Up. . .but that's not the point. Ron "monkey boy" Pearlman is the source of my distress.

EvilNed
14-Aug-2009, 07:30 AM
While Paul Giamatti is good, he's not great. Ever see Shoot Em Up? He's patheticly bad in that one.

Bone Daddy
14-Aug-2009, 08:04 AM
No BC? Man, no S-mart casting decision there. :annoyed:

DjfunkmasterG
14-Aug-2009, 10:19 AM
Not happy about th Change for Elvis, but the casting of Gianatti, that is an awesome choice.

bassman
14-Aug-2009, 11:40 AM
While Paul Giamatti is good, he's not great. Ever see Shoot Em Up? He's patheticly bad in that one.

Yeah....but....isn't that the point? That movie was one big ball of bad. I thought it was intended.:shifty:

I'll give Perlman the edge and just go with it. Campell was great, but many other actors could pull off a roll like that...

Eyebiter
14-Aug-2009, 12:24 PM
Bruce has a successful TV series with Burn Notice. After all these years he is finally getting recognition for his acting skills. Imagine a steady paycheck and good insurance trumps an Elvis vs Vampire B-Movie. Apparently he bailed because Joe Lansdale (Bubba Ho-Tep writer) wasn't involved.

DjfunkmasterG
14-Aug-2009, 02:59 PM
Whether he bailed or not, won't be the same without him. Bruce just played Sebastian/Elvis perfectly.

Bone Daddy
15-Aug-2009, 02:57 PM
Either through creative differences or what have you, I don't think it will be the same viewing experience as Bubba Hotep. But, I'll give it a shot when it comes out.