View Full Version : Nagin Wins Re-Election as Big Easy Mayor

Adrenochrome
21-May-2006, 05:57 AM
Wha Wha What!!??
How could this idiot win re-election?

DeadJonas190
21-May-2006, 07:08 AM
I am as puzzled as you are...

Then again, Detroiters voted in Kwami Kilpatrick again, scandel after scandel where he was proven to have misappropriated city funds, from buying his wife a Ford Explorer with city money to his wife taking the citys' petty cash funds to buy ceramic angels she collects and many many other things. They put him back in office even though the other guy was a much better candidate with more experiance.

Then again, people don't have common sense when voting most of the time, look who... nevermind. I dont want to start another political debate.

AcesandEights
21-May-2006, 07:52 AM
Of course he won. It's a chocolate city :|

EvilNed
21-May-2006, 11:06 AM
Is that New Orleans mayor?

MapMan
21-May-2006, 11:07 AM
I can't believe it. Maybe he will give Michael Brown a job as the city disaster
planner.

Tri0xin
21-May-2006, 01:03 PM
Wha Wha What!!??
How could this idiot win re-election?

Somehow I don't feel sorry for the people of New Orleans anymore. They deserve anything they get for re-electing that incompetent jackass.

kortick
21-May-2006, 02:16 PM
if you know anything about his opponent
you would realise the people had no chioce at all

landrieu was a relative of the old mayor
of the same name

he presided over a new orleans of unprecedented
corruption
for a laugh get a hold of the SNL they did live from
mardi gras and see landrieu in action
lorne micheals wont let it be shown
cuz everyone was out of thier minds
belushi and ackroyd were tooling around the french quarter
on harleys
gilda and the others were being driven thru the city
in police cruisers
jance curtain and buck henry got beer bottles thrown at
them all during the live performance
it was too much...

erisi236
21-May-2006, 03:11 PM
Washington DC elected Marion Barry again...

Black+Democrat+Black City = automatic victory no matter what

sorry but it's true :|

AcesandEights
21-May-2006, 04:26 PM
Black+Democrat+Black City = automatic victory no matter what

Don't you mean chocolate? :sneaky:

erisi236
21-May-2006, 04:30 PM
Don't you mean chocolate? :sneaky:

oops sorry for the PC Faux Paw, I ment "Chocolate City"

:D

zombie04
21-May-2006, 05:56 PM
it's times like this that I think the world really has gone crazy. This guy is one of the biggest political screw-ups in history. Well, its not my city so at least I'm happy about that.

rightwing401
21-May-2006, 07:53 PM
I'm not all that surpised about this. A little disappointed, given how badly Nagin botched the whole Katrina disaster in his respective area, but not really suprised.

slickwilly13
22-May-2006, 02:46 AM
Did yall know that dipsh!t's campaign poster is up on a huge billboard in the middle of downtown Houston, Texas?

Arcades057
22-May-2006, 05:05 AM
What's funny is that you're surprised. A black guy gets to a podium and makes a racist statement, like that ignorant "chocolate city" bull and he is guaranteed to get the black vote.

Then if a white guy were to do the same WE (whites) would go ape**** on him. F-ing ridiculous. They deserve what they got (an incompetent bigoted idiot) and we deserve what we'll get (becoming the minority in a decade or so and losing our national identity). Too bad I'll be around to see it.

Adrenochrome
22-May-2006, 04:11 PM
What's funny is that you're surprised. A black guy gets to a podium and makes a racist statement, like that ignorant "chocolate city" bull and he is guaranteed to get the black vote.

Then if a white guy were to do the same WE (whites) would go ape**** on him. F-ing ridiculous. They deserve what they got (an incompetent bigoted idiot) and we deserve what we'll get (becoming the minority in a decade or so and losing our national identity). Too bad I'll be around to see it.

It's folks like you with this simple minded attitude that keep people fighting and bitching like little babies. You and your ilk are a dying bread.
Humans will get along. Bigots with die off.
Advance, or crawl in a hole.

Arcades, you are a flamer. Along with your lover Svenburny and that deadpunk kid. (HLS is a different breed altogether, but, she does her best to stir things up)
people here are tired of you.

rightwing401
22-May-2006, 06:03 PM

You know, Arc, I can't help but feel the exact same way. I've got a buddy of mine who lives in New Orleans, and he's seen some things, before and after the storm. When I asked him who he voted for, he told me Nagin. I was so dumbfounded that I couldn't even reply. Unbelievable.
The whole city was a practical war zone for a week after Katrina, and one of the main people responsible for putting the city's residents through that ordeal got another term. Whatever befalls the city this fall, I doubt that I'll be shedding a tear for anyone there.

Arcades057
22-May-2006, 08:31 PM
Don't worry, Rightwing, there will be bleeding hearts who will (again) blame Bush for whatever Nagin allows to happen. God forbid they blame a "brother" for their woes, oh no, that'd be racist.

I think most people of my particular persuasion feel this way but they lie and try to be Mr. Good Bleedingheart to everyone else. Only difference between us and them, Rightwing, is that we have the balls to speak the truth.

Exatreides
23-May-2006, 02:29 AM
If I remember correctly, didn't you once state what a good thing Katrina was for the city?

Arcades057
23-May-2006, 03:57 AM
I agreed when someone else said it, Exa, but apparently we were wrong. I thought (as did the writer, I believe) that due to the displacement of all those welfare people and drug dealers/users and other "great folks," a sense of intelligence might return to the city and they just might vote in some good people.

Instead they voted back in the bigoted moron. They deserve anything that happens to them.

rightwing401
23-May-2006, 05:35 AM
The only good thing I can see that came out of Katrina for New Orleans was that a lot of the really hard core gangsters were taken out by the police/military. The city is now relatively safer.

Eyebiter
23-May-2006, 06:54 AM
Nagin plans to rebuild the 9th ward area - which will be flooded once AGAIN next time a Category 4 or 5 hurricane hits New Orleans.

:rolleyes:

erisi236
23-May-2006, 12:13 PM
Nagin plans to rebuild the 9th ward area - which will be flooded once AGAIN next time a Category 4 or 5 hurricane hits New Orleans.

:rolleyes:

why does Monty Python spring to mind...

Nagin: "Everybody said I was crazy for building a castle in a swamp!"

:D