PDA

View Full Version : Interesting But Stupid Destinantions

Slain
15-Aug-2009, 02:22 AM
I can imagine some people throwing away their lives to visit some noteworthy place in a zombie outbreak. I think Area 51 in Nevada, government buildings in the Washington DC-Virginia area, the NASA facilities at Cape Kennedy and Houston, would certainly be hot spots with curious idiots willing to pay any price to find something out.

Anyone think of other places on the map that would attract people who could care less about long term survival? Reasons for visiting a place could range from curiosity, revenge, spiritual, or whatever.

bassman
15-Aug-2009, 02:32 AM
The CDC?

Slain
15-Aug-2009, 03:20 AM
The CDC?

Bio-warfare places and the labs of big drug companies like Baxter would also be interesting but dangerous places to visit. There's a bio-warfare research place on Plum Island a few miles from Long Island NY that would probably be "in the know" about any zombie disease that comes along. Plum Island is also allegedly where the West Nile virus escaped from years ago.

SRP76
16-Aug-2009, 01:08 AM
I could see idiots flocking to Walt Disney World, since they could now get in for free.

Slain
16-Aug-2009, 02:27 AM
I saw documentary thing about Disney World, and the park sounds like it has good points as a hideout; a network of underground passageways run beneath the facility, a lot "back of the house" type spaces for control rooms, maintenance, etc. people could hide in. For someone that really knew the service side of Disney World the place could make a nice hideout...provide they brought their own weapons and supplies.

I'm sure a lot of idiots and weirdos would flock to amusement parks like Disney World. There would probably be some pretty lively encounters between these trespassers and employees hiding in the service areas of an amusement park facility. ETA so many dumb ass people would probably head to places like Disney World it likely wouldn't be a very good idea to go hiding in any amusement parks.

carpetbeggar
16-Aug-2009, 02:39 AM
I could see massive amounts of people flocking to Rome during an outbreak to receive guidance from the Pope on how to deal with the dead. :rolleyes:

Also many would also go to Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Israel, Palestine, etc, thinking that the zombie outbreak is some sign from God and that "Christ is on his way back to save us all from the wickedness that Hell and the sinners have unleashed on earth."
The whole religious implications of an outbreak would get a lot of people killed and eaten IMHO. :stunned:

Slain
16-Aug-2009, 07:48 AM
People worship all kinds of shit in this world. New agers and ancient astronaut believers would probably flock to places like Egyptian, Stonehenge, the Yucatan in Mexico, the Bermuda Triangle, and UFO hot spots hoping to get picked up by friendly spirits or ET. People that worship wealth or celebrity would probably head for places like Beverly Hills or Park Avenue.

There's no telling what all kinds of stupid places people might go to if the world started falling apart. A lot of people might decide to just go nowhere, and march into the nearest body of water and drowned themselves like a bunch of lemmings.

Craig
16-Aug-2009, 08:31 AM
Church?

:cool:

Trin
17-Aug-2009, 03:12 PM
The CDC is a good call. Especially if people are trying to dig up the "why" of it.

Area 51 is a good call too. I'd love to know what's there.

The Vatican - to have a peek at all the locked up religious documents
NORAD / Fort Knox / The White House / Pentagon - just to see the off-limits areas and maybe learn a few secrets
Whiteman Air Force Base - anyone want your own stealth bomber??
The girl's bathroom - you know you want to see it too
Madonna's bedroom
Wherever they store all the pr0n for all those paysites...

Okay, you see where this is going. As expected (zombie outbreak of not) I plan to die attempting to get my freak on.

Slain
18-Aug-2009, 01:02 AM
Church?
:cool:

I could see a people running to houses of worship before a zombie outbreak reaches its crescendo, but after the ghouls overrun everything? I suppose some nutjobs might risk their lives to desecrate a holy place, while others risk their lives to keep the ghouls from desecrating a holy place.

One logical reason to visit a church, synagogue, or mosque might be to see if the place has a cache of weapons inside. Radicals from all three major religions, and some of the minor ones, have used houses of worship to store arms and munitions. In a country with strict gun laws, houses of worship would be a viable place as any to look for firearms.

axlish
18-Aug-2009, 01:33 AM
I'd have a hard time choosing between the Pyramids and the upstairs area @ Graceland.

Slain
18-Aug-2009, 01:39 AM
I doubt the powers that be would abandon a site holding sensitive information like the CDC in Atlanta without cleaning the place out or blowing it up with an air strike. Military bases with nuclear weapons would be defended to the bitter end and probably destroyed if the defenders lost the fight. NORAD-SAC can supposedly launch land based ICBM's stationed anywhere in the country remotely, and these bases would probably self-destruct if they fell so the launch controls wouldn't wind up in unauthorized hands.

The entire south-western United States supposedly contains a vast network of tunnels and caverns with entrances at military bases like Area-51, and a few lost cities (one in the mountains around Death Valley, and another in an off-limits section of the Grand Canyon). If you could somehow fight your way through the zombies and Illuminati guards at these no-no places you could probably unearth the answer to all kinds of shits.

clanglee
18-Aug-2009, 01:50 AM
Disneyworld!!!!

MaximusIncredulous
18-Aug-2009, 01:57 AM
A zipper factory.

I've heard they can be quite magical.

Slain
18-Aug-2009, 02:59 AM
I'd like to take over a big old salt mine or something, and replicate the Amazon kingdom depicted in the movie The Perils of Gwendoline :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper: