PDA

View Full Version : Dead Eyes

ryansson
15-Aug-2009, 01:10 PM
I was looking through different shots of zombies in GAR movies and think the only thing that kinda spoils the zed's is the fact that beneath all the make-up and gore the eyes don't say 'dead', they are too clear and animated IMHO and not like the eyes of a real corpse at all. Does anybody else find this to be a shame?

ProfessorChaos
15-Aug-2009, 01:28 PM
in the night remake, many of the zeds have milky-looking vacant eyes, which is pretty cool...

but in real-life, without a heartbeat and blood pressure, the eyeballs on a deceased person begin to deflate and start to look like raisins...:skull:

ryansson
15-Aug-2009, 01:50 PM
yeah just had a re-look at a few notld 90 picks and kind like the milky eyed look, maybe reanimation causes the eyes to lubricate again in the GAR zed world?

sandrock74
15-Aug-2009, 07:58 PM
The look of the zombies in Night '90 are my favorite, mainly due to their eyes.

ryansson
15-Aug-2009, 08:26 PM
I wonder whether or not the eyes are an over site on GAR's part or if maybe they just aint that much of a big deal to him, but I think dead looking eyes are very scary and add that extra chill factor

MoonSylver
15-Aug-2009, 08:49 PM
The look of the zombies in Night '90 are my favorite, mainly due to their eyes.

Mine too, for the eyes & the yellowish pallor of the skin. They were the 1st ones I thought of when I read the OP.I remember that KNB went to funeral homes &/or morgues for research for the makeup FX in preparation for '90

(waits for Yojimbo to come along & give us the skinny on which ones are REALLY the most accurate, if any, in his professional opinion...):)

sandrock74
16-Aug-2009, 10:10 PM
I think it was Savini who said (in the commentary on the Night 90 dvd), that if you take the persons eyes away, you take the person out of the zombie. On the Star Trek shows, they took the opposite approach and left the actors who played aliens eyes alone, so despite being an alien, they could still be relatable.

No eyes = more spooky.

Slain
17-Aug-2009, 03:35 AM
The one dead guy I've seen up close and personal (heart attack victim) had a really wide eyed stare I'll never forget. I can't remember seeing a zombie in the movies with a similar wide eyed stare.