PDA

View Full Version : Poltergeist remake release date set

MikePizzoff
17-Aug-2009, 03:23 PM
Nov 24, 2010. Ugh. Reportedly, it's going to be a shot-for-shot remake - a la Psycho '98.

Doc
17-Aug-2009, 03:42 PM
Aw, Crap. Then why remake it if no changes?

krakenslayer
17-Aug-2009, 03:59 PM
*facepalm*

bassman
17-Aug-2009, 04:01 PM
Aw, Crap. Then why remake it if no changes?

$$$$

I wonder who else could possibly play Tangina.:rockbrow:

Doc
17-Aug-2009, 06:15 PM
$$$$

Oddly enough I didn't think of that.:confused: Then again, I never knew the Poltergeist franchise was really popular. Yes, I know the original was a success but, I see it like, something like, Evil Dead. A well-known fanchise maybe, to horror fans and movie fans but, nothing that a general movie audience would know.

Kaos
17-Aug-2009, 07:52 PM
I wonder who else could possibly play Tangina.:rockbrow:

I heard that Disney will be resurrecting her with their new process that uses a taxidermed original with their famous animatronics technology.

sandrock74
17-Aug-2009, 11:00 PM
What is the point in a shot-for-shot remake of a movie? Isn't that like me rewriting H.G. Wells' "The Time Machine" word-for-word and selling it? What would be the point?

clanglee
17-Aug-2009, 11:34 PM
Oddly enough I didn't think of that.:confused: Then again, I never knew the Poltergeist franchise was really popular. Yes, I know the original was a success but, I see it like, something like, Evil Dead. A well-known fanchise maybe, to horror fans and movie fans but, nothing that a general movie audience would know.

Nah, Poltergeist is an extremely well known horror film with a crossover fan base. It is one of those movies that has ingrained itself firmly into pop culture. If you shout out to someone "go towards the Light Carolanne!!" They know exactly what the reference is. 9 times out of 10. Unless said person is say under the age of 20. . . then I give them a 4 out of ten chance.

capncnut
18-Aug-2009, 12:00 PM
I think I'll pass.

MikePizzoff
18-Aug-2009, 01:15 PM
What is the point in a shot-for-shot remake of a movie? Isn't that like me rewriting H.G. Wells' "The Time Machine" word-for-word and selling it? What would be the point?

That would be plagiarism... sadly, Hollywood can not be found guilty of such a thing.

If you shout out to someone "go towards the Light Carolanne!!" They know exactly what the reference is.

I think I'd go with "Theyyyy'rrree heeeeerrrrreeee"

RustyHicks
18-Aug-2009, 04:42 PM
"They're baaaaacccckkkkk"

Another kick in the teeth by a remake of a classic movie.
Lazy, uncreative Hollywood needs to get their brain cells working
and come up with something new.
But when it comes to money, they don't care and nor do they
care about satisfying the public, they just wanna make their money

Doc
20-Aug-2009, 02:15 AM
Maybe, Tobe Hooper can direct it this time since, he apparently, didn't last time.;)