PDA

View Full Version : My Dawn fantasy to become real?

Ryan
19-Aug-2009, 03:08 PM
Just starting to look into this as it looks cool as %$££. Has anyone here been?

"Living" Dawn Of The Dead - In Reading
This is an odd one. A wargames company that run's Vietnam war reenactments is launching a Dawn of the Dead wargame at an abandoned shopping mall in Reading, a rather drab little city to the west of London.

The living dead will roam the disused Friars Walk shopping centre, while enthusiasts playing the shooting game airsoft are blasting them with plastic pellets from air guns.

It is thought it will be the only airsoft site of its type in the world and fans from America, the Far East and Europe are already queuing up to come to Reading for fortnightly team fights and special themed events.
Lee Fields, owner of First and Only Airsoft Adventures, said it would offer sessions based on flesh-eating classic film Dawn Of The Dead and added: “People will dress as zombies. Participants come along and they are the survivors, with very limited resources and they have to get around the centre, make areas safe and find supplies like food and water.

“We have got all the keys to the doors and the CCTV still works. Players can basically live the film for the period that they are in there - eight hours."

Official website http://www.firstandonlyairsoft.com/venues/the-mall.html

bassman
19-Aug-2009, 03:12 PM
That's cool.

Why does it seem like you guys over seas have more events for an american made horror film than we do? We never get anything this cool over here.:(:p

Ryan
19-Aug-2009, 03:26 PM
Until I saw this event I wouldnt have agreed with you, now I do agree :lol:

AcesandEights
19-Aug-2009, 04:16 PM
Damn...

I am a geek and this makes my geek (faux) blood lust want to boil over into a (faux) zombie exterminating frenzy! It's a wonderful idea for an event!

krakenslayer
19-Aug-2009, 04:22 PM
Sounds like a dream come true. My only worry would be that some of your "co-humans" would be complete laddish dicks and ruin the experience.

As a side note, how cool would it be to have the job of being a zombie in this attraction. Sure, you get pelted with ball bearings all day, but surely that would be worth it just to escape the seriousness, responsibility, drudgery and misery of a 9 to 5 job and wander round pretending to be a zombie for a living!!! :stunned:

Trin
19-Aug-2009, 08:44 PM
This may be the coolest thing I have ever seen in my entire life....

clanglee
19-Aug-2009, 09:23 PM
My Dawn fantasy to become real?

Mine would actually involve jello and Gaylen Ross. . . but this idea is a very close second best. Sounds awesome!!

axlish
19-Aug-2009, 10:56 PM
Wow, that is really cool.

MikePizzoff
20-Aug-2009, 12:33 AM
As I read this, I found myself whispering "Wowwww...." outloud, like a child on x-mas morning. This is really awesome. I just wish it meant Reading, PA.