PDA

View Full Version : Sausage overload!

capncnut
21-Aug-2009, 01:31 PM
Food is always a good topic (especially when making that drunken post at 1am ;)) so I thought I'd talk about this new market I just got home from and all the top grub they had there. Trust me, I got two full shopping bags.

The main high street in Bromley (Bromley High Street) is quite a large shopping parade with theatres, cinema and a huge mall, kind of like the Golden Quarter in Shenmue II. Most of this parade is pedestrianised and they now have a big market area there spanning it's length.

Anyway, I was only in town to pick up a couple of CD's (The Mars Volta's 'Octrahedron' and 'Battle For The Sun' by Placebo) but the moment I arrived, the sheer smell of grub stopped me in my tracks like The Tall Man and the ice cream truck in Phantasm. It literally made my mouth water.

First thing I saw was this old German couple in what looked like a beer tent; Bratwürste, Knackwürste, Bockwürste, every würste you could think of. Even had all that mad German music playing on an old radio in the background. I made eye contact with them (würste thing you can do really) and they called me over. Basically they were selling hotdogs or you could have the sausage sliced on a plate with these potato cube thingies and fried onions. They also sold the sausages raw to take home, which I bought one box of 24 assorted würste's. I was invited to have one on the house too. T'was lush.

So I continue forth through the market, passing a really nice Chinese noodle bar, an authentic American popcorn stand (smelt fucking intense), some bloke selling Absinthe, a really amazing incense stand (of which I spent a fiver) and then came face to face with a Polish sausage tent. I was just looking at this Polish guy doing these sausages and my feet moved towards him like I was on an escalator belt. This bloke was doing the REAL McCoy Polish Kiełbasa and I just had to stop for one. Well sheeaatt, it was better than the German sausage. Really spicy too.

Anyway, I fully abused that market (so much more I missed out on as well). I eventally came home with all that German sausage, some Swedish bread, some really nice peppery pastrami, two large bottles of somerset scrumpy (8.4%), the incense, and of course my CD's. Sorry to bore you but I just thought I share the morning's activities, you know. I was really impressed.

As I type now, I can hear all that shit calling me from my refridgerator. :lol:

slickwilly13
21-Aug-2009, 03:07 PM
Meat feast??? Sausage overload?????? Are you sure you really have a girlfriend? :p

capncnut
21-Aug-2009, 03:16 PM
Hey, I can like sausages and clams at the same time. :p

Danny
21-Aug-2009, 03:16 PM
sounds like something similar that was in derby a few weeks ago, but they had soft boiled ostrich eggs as well, and buffalo burgers.

-now im hungry.