PDA

View Full Version : Hancock 2

Neil
25-Aug-2009, 07:58 AM
Seems like I'm one of the few people who actually enjoyed the original...

Sure it had flaws but I still enjoyed it. Hopefully a sequel can improve on it...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Hancock-2-Actually-Happening-But-Maybe-It-ll-Be-Better-14500.html

MinionZombie
25-Aug-2009, 10:04 AM
Ugh ... the first was forgettable, watered down pish, which had moments of interest.

I wanted the full-on R-Rated Hancock, but oh no, can't have Will Smith doing that ... let's just make a lame movie with a twist you see coming from a bajillion miles away. :rolleyes:

Got no interest in seeing it again, let alone a sequel.

EvilNed
25-Aug-2009, 01:15 PM
I kinda liked it. But I do remember thinking the "villain" was kinda forced into it somehow. He had no real reason to hate Hancock.

Neil
25-Aug-2009, 01:50 PM
Yeh... All valid grievances... But I still enjoyed it :)

AcesandEights
25-Aug-2009, 02:11 PM
Aw, hell no!

(I haven't even seen the first one yet and don't really care to.)

Danny
25-Aug-2009, 02:23 PM
i really liked hancock, but does the story need a sequel?, not really, it ended with him finally settling into the role of a hero, what more did you need to see?, hes the only superhero and theres no supervillians, it can only be two things, one: its more of the same, two: a "previous unknown" superpowered villain shows up.

if something besides those two are the outcome ill eat my hat with a bagel and cream cheese.

blind2d
25-Aug-2009, 08:13 PM
Mmmm.... bagel... But seriously, I'm sick and tired of sequels! Originality, people! It's out there, I know it!

bassman
25-Aug-2009, 08:52 PM
I recall thinking Hancock was "okay", but now I can't remember very much of it. That says alot, right there...

I'm all for sequels if there's a story to tell, but this?:confused:

MinionZombie
26-Aug-2009, 10:48 AM
I recall thinking Hancock was "okay", but now I can't remember very much of it. That says alot, right there...

I'm all for sequels if there's a story to tell, but this?:confused:
Sequels are better than a whole line of remakes though.

I'd rather have a pointless sequel than a pointless remake.

clanglee
27-Aug-2009, 03:08 AM
I dunno. . I really liked Hancock. It explored a different side of the superhero persona. . one that we havn't seen on screen at least. I think there's still plenty left to do with the story, although I would prefer a prequel. . .showing his downward spiral.

Spider Rico
27-Aug-2009, 03:59 AM
The previews led you to believe the movie was going to blow you away. In instead I was given this major snoozefest. I'll pass on part II should it come out.

MoonSylver
27-Aug-2009, 04:50 AM
I dunno. . I really liked Hancock. It explored a different side of the superhero persona. . one that we havn't seen on screen at least.

Agreed. I thought the origin was kinda interesting & how the pieces to his background/what happened to him came together.

I wouldn't mind a sequel, cause I kinda always hated when they do an "origin" story for an original superhero & then you're left thinking "I want to see what happens next!" (Unbreakable is a HUGE example to me....would have LOVED to see a sequel to that one.)

clanglee
27-Aug-2009, 09:13 PM
(Unbreakable is a HUGE example to me....would have LOVED to see a sequel to that one.)

Oh yes indeed!!! I agree 100% Loved that movie. . and it ended feeling like it was just beginning.

Neil
19-Dec-2011, 01:22 PM
2013? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1498780/

LouCipherr
22-Dec-2011, 02:14 PM
Sequels are better than a whole line of remakes though.

I'd rather have a pointless sequel than a pointless remake.

This. I'm SO sick of f*cking remakes, man....

I rather enjoyed the first one, so I'd be down with a sequel if they have a decent story behind it.

"You boys sure you wanna ride this train?" <cue Sanford & Son music> :D

MinionZombie
22-Dec-2011, 05:28 PM
Only seen Hancock once ... it was alright ... I'd have much preferred the ruder and cruder version that I've heard rumours about, which got nixed at the scripting stage.

Neil
19-Jan-2012, 07:28 PM
Yet more talk about the sequel - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Hancock-Sequel-Still-Possibility-28931.html