PDA

View Full Version : The Living Dead Festival

gary
26-Aug-2009, 01:38 AM
Hey everybody just wanted to start a thread that can go till the end of Oct...Closing in on 60 days till we all gather in Evans City. I'm getting so stoked to think what is going to happen. This was a posting on Facebook that put a smile on my face.
Will Bozarth damn. mickey rooney is going to be at Chiller. sorry, mickey. i have a date with Judith Ridley

That's what I call Kicking Some Horror Ass...
Gary :D

clanglee
26-Aug-2009, 02:42 AM
Right on man. . . Still wish I could go to this. :(

gary
26-Aug-2009, 02:50 AM

no worries bud there's always next year...but still chat it up for this year!!~

Yojimbo
27-Aug-2009, 02:29 AM
Come on, clang! Can't you be talked into this?

Trin
27-Aug-2009, 02:15 PM
Yeah, clang, you need to go!!

clanglee
27-Aug-2009, 11:41 PM
Guys I would absolutely love to, but this is the first Halloween that I have had my daughter overnight in years. She's 10 now, so it won't be long before she doesn't want to go trick or treating or sit up all night and eat bad candy and watch old horror movies with dad. Sooner than I like to think. . it will be all. . "Can I borrow the car to go to this party?" and stuff like that. Cat's in the cradle and all that. . . .

gary
27-Aug-2009, 11:53 PM
Guys I would absolutely love to, but this is the first Halloween that I have had my daughter overnight in years. She's 10 now, so it won't be long before she doesn't want to go trick or treating or sit up all night and eat bad candy and watch old horror movies with dad. Sooner than I like to think. . it will be all. . "Can I borrow the car to go to this party?" and stuff like that. Cat's in the cradle and all that. . . .

Clanglee that is the best reason I can think of not to come...I can only hope in years to come you will bring her along.
I had a doctor come up to me last year and introduce his 12 year old son. He proceeded to thank me for having the screening so his son who had never seen the film could be introduced properly to it in Evans City. :D

C5NOTLD
28-Aug-2009, 02:44 AM
I really enjoyed the 25th anniversary Zombie Jamboree back in 1993.
I don't have any doubt that Gary's event will be a lot better than the Jamboree! :cool:

You don't want to miss this one if there is any way possible of attending.

The dead walking in Evans City again - what possibly could be better....:D

gary
02-Sep-2009, 11:10 PM
Regis Survinski & Tony Pantanella
Well now you guys really owe me. We will have for the first time ever Regis Survinski & Tony Pantanella the Special Effects team that worked on “Night” these guys are the real pioneers of their craft in Pittsburgh. Regis will bring the original equipment used in the 1968 filming Night! This appearance is a true Night of the Living Dead drop dead experience. Now what is it that you’re doing that’s better than Judith Ridley, Terry Gindele, Dave James, the Andy Jones’s collection, Chuck Craig, Russ Jack, Kos, Ella Mae, my 91 year old mother and now Regis and his sidekick Boom Boom? Regis and Tony are sure to blow something up!!~ And we have almost two months to bring you more. Also, I have only been telling you about the guests and oh yea the pig roast but so much cool shit is going on with the rest of this party.
Kicking more Horror ass than I could have imagined in year two,
Gary

clanglee
02-Sep-2009, 11:52 PM
Dammit Gary!!! stop it. I just. . . can't . . .take any. . more. (collapses to knees dramatically)

DubiousComforts
03-Sep-2009, 12:22 AM
Everybody thought Gary was just joking when he said "THE" Night of the Living Dead event.

"Yeah, sure buddy. We've heard that one before!"

Well, Gary was not joking.

Okay, you've all been messing around long enough. Who here is going to this thing? Let's see some hands. Did you order your tickets yet? Whaddya mean "no"?! COME ON, MAN!

C5NOTLD
03-Sep-2009, 03:12 AM
Judy Ridley and Tony Pantanella at The Living Dead Festival! :stunned:

Did I miss news of hell freezing over.

Amazing.

:cool:

gary
03-Sep-2009, 07:49 AM
judy ridley and tony pantanella at the living dead festival! :stunned:

Did i miss news of hell freezing over.

Amazing.

:cool:

Sweet

ProfessorChaos
03-Sep-2009, 02:29 PM
hate to come in here and break the bad news, but it's starting to look unlikely that i'll be able to make it this year. moving across the state and finding/furnishing a new apartment, purchasing textbooks, etc, has pretty much wiped out most of my funding at the moment. i really did intend on going, but since i decided to get myself back into school, money has been pretty tight.

sorry to disappoint, gary. maybe next year.:(

Trancelikestate
03-Sep-2009, 09:57 PM
hate to come in here and break the bad news, but it's starting to look unlikely that i'll be able to make it this year. moving across the state and finding/furnishing a new apartment, purchasing textbooks, etc, has pretty much wiped out most of my funding at the moment. i really did intend on going, but since i decided to get myself back into school, money has been pretty tight.

thats too bad buddy sorry to hear that.

i still plan on attending, my fiance and i. ;)

sounds awesome gary. you rule. pig roast huh? i havnt been to a good western PA pigroast in awhile :)

DubiousComforts
03-Sep-2009, 10:01 PM
Come on, now I'm disappointed, too. :(

ProfessorChaos
04-Sep-2009, 01:46 PM
yeah, i'm sorry to all who i was hoping to meet out there, but when i was about 95% sure i was going, i hadn't really planned on getting back into college courses, but since i decided to make my move, my resources have been totally zapped for something like this. but there's always next year....