PDA

View Full Version : "I Spit On Your Grave" remake.

Purge
26-Aug-2009, 10:42 PM
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117986830.html?categoryid=13&cs=1&query=i+spit+on+your+grave

This is a remake I'm actually looking forward to. The original one didn't get as much credit as it deserved, IMO.

krakenslayer
26-Aug-2009, 10:56 PM
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117986830.html?categoryid=13&cs=1&query=i+spit+on+your+grave

This is a remake I'm actually looking forward to. The original one didn't get as much credit as it deserved, IMO.

I Spit on Your Grave was a great, but disturbing, film. Much moreso (on both counts) than Last House on the Left, which gets a lot more publicity. Camille Keaton, the female star of Spit, was one of the most ethereal beauties ever to grace the screen. I do not mean that in a sexual way, I just think she had a "look" that was fascinating and angelic and mysterious and almost eerie - watch the scene where she sits combing her hair before killing the thug in the bathroom, and you'll see what I mean.

I think the brutal scenes of assault were very hard to watch, but it worked because it really built up your hatred for the "bad guys" (who, by the way, weren't just two-dimensional punks, but realistic, occasionally even pitiable, thugs) and made the ending much more powerful. I think all the lewd content also worked to lure in the pervs in the audience, to make them think that this was their kind of film, before shocking them out of their lust and virtually castrating them by-proxy at the end of the film.

The original title was Day of the Woman, and I think that sums up the film much better - despite all the rape and violence, the end message of the movie is actually empowering to women.

That said, I don't think a remake is necessary or will be anywhere near as good as the original. Sure, in the modern cinema trend of Saw and Hostel, they can probably make it just as violent (if not moreso) but the radical message and edgy feel will undoubtedly be watered down. This is Hollywood, after all.

capncnut
30-Aug-2009, 02:55 PM
"I can't cum with you guys watchin'." :D

Ms.45 rules!