PDA

View Full Version : Human Torch walks thru mall

kortick
27-Aug-2009, 06:09 AM
A lady lit herself on fire and walked thru a crowded mall. The flames were shooting up several feet but she remained silent and didnt scream as she walked along.

http://www.miamiherald.com/459/story/1184962.html

Good Lord could u imagine shopping for a dvd or something and seeing a flaming woman walk silently past you?

Neil
27-Aug-2009, 06:44 AM
Drugs?

MikePizzoff
27-Aug-2009, 07:36 AM
That is super fucking eerie. I think I'd have the creeps for months if I were one of those people that witnessed that.

clanglee
27-Aug-2009, 08:41 AM
Uh oh. . . .is it that dreaded tree wind?

MinionZombie
27-Aug-2009, 10:09 AM
Jesus Christ! :eek:

Is it wrong to want to see store CCTV footage of this? :shifty:

I mean this is seriously bizarre ... must have been a scary-ass sight for the shoppers. That must be the last thing you'd be expecting to see at a mall.

Neil
27-Aug-2009, 10:21 AM

I mean this is seriously bizarre ... must have been a scary-ass sight for the shoppers. That must be the last thing you'd be expecting to see at a mall.

No... I'd be interested in CCTV footage too...

bassman
27-Aug-2009, 12:12 PM
For some strange reason I would be interested in that footage, as well. I just have a hard time imagining what it would be like to be shopping for a dvd and look up to see this woman calmly walking by...

And they say Romero's consumerism commentary was heavy handed....

Ba-doom-boom.:p

darth los
27-Aug-2009, 02:39 PM
Morbid curiosity has always been a part of human nature.

:cool:

ProfessorChaos
27-Aug-2009, 02:53 PM
i think that in this day and age of cell-phone cameras, we'll see something eventually. but yeah, what a trip that would be....:stunned:

BillyRay
27-Aug-2009, 03:49 PM
It'll probably turn out to be a publicity stunt for the Candle Store.

Or the Barbeque joint in the Food Court.

Neil
27-Aug-2009, 04:05 PM
She died...

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-beat/Human-Torch-Dies-After-Mall-Blaze-53678422.html

AcesandEights
27-Aug-2009, 04:28 PM
That is some hard shit, right there.

BillyRay
27-Aug-2009, 07:04 PM
Wow.

I retract my previous snark. My apologies for being an a-hole. Sometimes in an effort to be pithy I'm just offensive. Gotta work on that.

Poor woman. Mental Illness is a real problem; especially when untreated or misdiagnosed.

In light of recent discussions, any word as to her Health coverage? Could this whole thing have been avoided?

MaximusIncredulous
27-Aug-2009, 07:14 PM

_kY31QrTsns

darth los
27-Aug-2009, 07:45 PM
It'll probably turn out to be a publicity stunt for the Candle Store.

Or the Barbeque joint in the Food Court.

For the record I laughed my ass off. It provided me the best moment in my shitty day at work. Thnx. ;)

:cool:

Trancelikestate
27-Aug-2009, 10:24 PM
my name is in that article! Trance like-state. hahaha.

seriously though there are less painful ways to kill yourself, or even fun creative ways like this:

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5601/howtokillyourselfinacoo.gif