PDA

View Full Version : Jaycee Dugard

Neil
28-Aug-2009, 03:36 PM
Can't believe there's no talk of this... Looked but couldn't find anything...

Wonder what kind of physical & mental condition her and the two children are in.

If he raped/molested her, what about the two children?

Unbelievable stuff, made all the more amazing by the fact his wife was willing to put her through this and even help him kidnap her in the first place!

slickwilly13
28-Aug-2009, 03:47 PM
Throw them in with the general population in prison. Let them deal with them, since they will be at the bottom of the pecking order.

acealive1
28-Aug-2009, 10:22 PM
i've always said since i was a kid that there should be a special secret unit of the police that deals with this. kinda like swift justice but legal

Neil
29-Aug-2009, 08:12 AM
Two new developments:-

1) Police are now searching the Garrido home in Antioch for clues to several prostitute murders in the 1990s. Several bodies in the unsolved murders were dumped near an industrial park where Mr Garrido worked.

2) Sheriff Warren Rupf said officers were called to the home of convicted rapist Phillip Garrido three years ago after reports people were living in his back garden. He added: "On November 30, 2006, we missed an opportunity to bring earlier closure to this situation. "A caller to our 911 dispatch offered that there were tents in the neighbour's backyard, that people were living in them, and that there were young children. "The caller also said that Garrido was psychotic and had a sexual addiction." He said officers went to Garrido's home but did not go inside and said they found no evidence "of criminal behaviour".

i've always said since i was a kid that there should be a special secret unit of the police that deals with this. kinda like swift justice but legal

Didn't Dirty Harry find such a unit once?

acealive1
30-Aug-2009, 01:20 AM
Two new developments:-

1) Police are now searching the Garrido home in Antioch for clues to several prostitute murders in the 1990s. Several bodies in the unsolved murders were dumped near an industrial park where Mr Garrido worked.

2) Sheriff Warren Rupf said officers were called to the home of convicted rapist Phillip Garrido three years ago after reports people were living in his back garden. He added: "On November 30, 2006, we missed an opportunity to bring earlier closure to this situation. "A caller to our 911 dispatch offered that there were tents in the neighbour's backyard, that people were living in them, and that there were young children. "The caller also said that Garrido was psychotic and had a sexual addiction." He said officers went to Garrido's home but did not go inside and said they found no evidence "of criminal behaviour".

Didn't Dirty Harry find such a unit once?

i have no idea as i havent seen all the dirty harry films. but it should be no different than swat. with the exception that all members would be the equivalent of a team of frank castles

Bone Daddy
30-Aug-2009, 07:35 AM
Proves the old adage-Truth is stranger than fiction

Chilling.

Neil
30-Aug-2009, 09:37 AM
Anyone know how he was actually caught in the end? I thought initially he'd turned himself in, but in some reports it sounds like he went into a police station with the two children he'd had by Jaycee to ask for permission to do something, and they got suspicious?

Mike70
30-Aug-2009, 12:29 PM
Anyone know how he was actually caught in the end? I thought initially he'd turned himself in, but in some reports it sounds like he went into a police station with the two children he'd had by Jaycee to ask for permission to do something, and they got suspicious?

he went to UC Berkley with the two kids to hand out pamphlets. he was acting strangely, so the police approached him and when they ran his name, he came back as a registered sex offender who was not allowed to have contact with minors. one question led to another and he was busted.

here is an excerpt from a CNN article:

The investigation went years without apparent progress until Tuesday, when Garrido showed up on the campus of the University of California at Berkeley with his two daughters and attempted to get permission to hand out literature and speak, Kollar said. He did not know the subject of either the literature or the planned talk.

Police officers "thought the interaction between the older male and the two young females was rather suspicious," so she confronted them and performed a background check on him, Kollar said.

That check revealed that Garrido was on federal parole for a 1971 conviction for rape and kidnapping, for which he had served time in the federal penitentiary at Leavenworth, Kansas.

A school spokesman identified the officers as Allison Jacobs and Lisa Campbell, and said the two became suspicious of "subtle behavior" Garrido exhibited.

They passed on the information to Garrido's parole officer, who requested that the 58-year-old man appear Wednesday at the parole office.

on another note: dugard ought to be made a ward of court and have a guardian appointed for her. maybe this has been already. even though she is 29, i seriously doubt that anyone who has been through the kind of psychological hurricane that she has would be able to make decisions in their own best interests. esp. when it comes to garrido and his wife.