PDA

View Full Version : UK Big Brother series AXED

capncnut
30-Aug-2009, 04:54 PM
:)

The last one will be in 2010. Thank fuck.

Click (http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/aug/26/big-brother-dropped-channel-4) for article.

Danny
30-Aug-2009, 05:21 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/fuck-yeah.jpg

MinionZombie
30-Aug-2009, 05:28 PM
lol

Now, I've watched every BB series ... until this year ... I saw the line-up on the night and was immediately turned off completely from the first two twats to enter.

BB9 was shit, and it was a chore to watch ... BB8 was naff and generally dull ... BB7 was the last good series ... BB6 was just shouting, as was BB5 ... BB4 was boring as hell ... BB3 was great, and probably the best of all the series ... BB2 was decent, and BB1 was the classic original - I even wrote a Sociology essay about BB1 - back in the days when BB was actually a social experiment.

BB8 through 10 have been heavily scripted boredom factories.

They shouldn't even do a BB11 quite frankly, but they are - so they need to shake it up so drastically if they want to go out on, not a high (not a chance), but you know ... a medium-sized mole hill of "yeah, whatever"...:lol:

Craig
31-Aug-2009, 12:14 AM
Thank fuck.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

capncnut
31-Aug-2009, 12:19 AM
Took the words right out of my mouth.
Wonder what they will fill the space up with, eh?

axlish
31-Aug-2009, 03:08 AM
Dayam. I am not located in the UK and cannot really view the program, but I have been hooked on Big Brother USA since season 9. I really hope this isn't a sign on things to come for my beloved series! Now I'm off to watch some Shotime Big Brother After Dark on the DVR :)

capncnut
31-Aug-2009, 10:35 AM
It's all about the ratings really. For the last few series, BBUK has experienced terrible ratings and terrible press, especially when it comes to racism and bullying on the show. Even now on BB10, evictee Noirin has accused Channel 4 of covering up racist remarks, which incidentally were said by her and her boyfriend Isaac (who was also a contestant). The whole incident was covered up.

Dunno if the ratings are sliding down in America though.

Danny
31-Aug-2009, 11:43 AM
Wonder what they will fill the space up with, eh?

well shooting stars just came back.:lol:

MinionZombie
31-Aug-2009, 11:59 AM
well shooting stars just came back.:lol:
Yeah, on another channel...:p:sneaky::p

Incidentally, Shooting Stars is fucking hilarious, and it's great that it's back.

As for this Noirin business - haven't been following it, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest - but of course the reason for having such comments floating around in that house, is because of the massive selection of c**ts they've put in there.

Put in decent, interesting people who aren't in it for fame, and refrain from tampering and scripting every five minutes, and you might actually get a good series out of it - that's when BB has been at its best. The programme makers only have themselves to blame for the piss-poor quality in recent years.

shootemindehead
31-Aug-2009, 10:05 PM
Not before time.

They'll only replace it with more shite though. :D

axlish
31-Aug-2009, 11:36 PM
Oddly enough, racist and homophobic remarks were covered up on BB 11 USA, in the first week no less. I wouldn't have known about it if not for one of the nominated house guests revealing in her plea speech (on live tv no less) that "A vote for Brandon is a vote for a racist and a homophobe".

SymphonicX
01-Sep-2009, 09:05 AM
Incidentally, Shooting Stars is fucking hilarious, and it's great that it's back.

Oh man can you explain this show to me please??

Funny?? Where's the comedy?!? Reeves and Mortimer just seem to make stupid incoherrent noises for 30 mins...the jokes aren't jokes...they are so far from anything I could crack a smile at...yet people seem to LOVE this show?!!? I mean I was always perplexed at people liking BB but at least that has some sort of idea...i'm confused!!!!

I try and I try to see why people like this show but it has always eluded me...10 seconds of Reeves and Mortimer and I just to rip my own eyes out from a mixture of frustration as a viewer and major frustration as a TV professional trying to carve my own way into the industry...

MinionZombie
01-Sep-2009, 10:16 AM
Symph - Reeves & Mortimer, as well as Shooting Stars, is unexplainable. :D

SymphonicX
01-Sep-2009, 10:19 AM
You can say that again!

I must be from a different planet...

Danny
01-Sep-2009, 01:26 PM
Symph - Reese & Mortimer, as well as Shooting Stars, is unexplainable. :D

yeah, there like the british tim and eric.

SymphonicX
01-Sep-2009, 02:12 PM
Chucklevision is funnier...

in fact having my eyelids pulled off by a truck is funnier than those two.....!